Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,893 members, 7,942,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:09 AM

Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano (1432 Views)

Shiite Muslims Protest For The Release Of Sheik Zakzaky (Photos) / See The Weapons 'Recovered' From Shiite Muslims After Clash With Police In Kano / Shooting In Maiduguri Government House As Soldiers & Police Clash Over Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by Upritman(m): 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2016
After series of attempts to stop the activities and existence of the Shiite Islamic Movement of Nigeria, it's members Monday morning to the streets and clashed with the police in Kano city.
A witness said the clash started around
Tamburawa, on the outskirts of Kano city,
when the police tried to stop a Shiite protest.
The clash that has turned violent is reported to have led to the dead of over ten persons including police officers.
Meanwhile, the police has re-enforced and the major Kano- Zaria road has been completely blocked.
Details later…

Source: www.versatilereporters.com/2016/11/shiite-muslims-clash-with-police-in.html

Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by flamingREED(m): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hmm
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by NaijaMutant(f): 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
OK
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by tuniski: 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
Allow them to worship in peace Abegi. Making shiite look like terrorists is wrong. We are a nation with liberty of religion.
Those terrorizing us are not Shiites.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by ybalogs(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
These Shiites and violence sha. Are they not tired of dieing? Some sects can be stubborn sha.May God bring sanity into their lives.
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by talktimi(m): 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2016
Stúpid news. This isn't a clash, it's a massacre being done by the police. The Shia are constitutionally guaranteed their right to religion, movement and assembly until tyrant Buhari and el Rufai came to power. They have a religious procession today which had been widely publicized. They have were going along with their procession until the police started shooting at them. We shouldn't because of political affiliation (being a member/supporter of APC) condone evil. We must speak out now before it becomes our turns tomorrow. This govt is evil and murderous

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by talktimi(m): 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
ybalogs:
[s]These Shiites and violence sha. Are they not tired of dieing?
Some sects can be stubborn sha.May God bring sanity into their lives[/s].
stop talking like an ignorant ninny. The Shia have never committed any act of violence unlike their Sunni brethren i.e. boko haram, al Qaeda etc. Do your research and allow them leave their lives in peace
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by Mynd44: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by bugidon(m): 12:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
foolish muslims! Killing themselves in the streets while the muslim elites and their leaders are enjoying in their mansions to the detriment of the foolish ones. the earlier these muslims know they are been brainwashed the better for them
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2016
This Shiite wahala is like a time bomb...I just pity the Nigerian State. We have no idea what is coming.
By the time Iran and Heezbolah begin to help their brethren...Boko Haram will be a joke.

This Hell Rufai lacks crisis maitainance ability.
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by ybalogs(m): 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
talktimi:
stop talking like an ignorant ninny. The Shia have never committed any act of violence unlike their Sunni brethren i.e. boko haram, al Qaeda etc. Do your research and allow them leave their lives in peace
Are Shiite recognised as terrorists? Al Qaeda and Boko haram are well known to be a terrorist organization not a religious group unlike the Shiites. Their intents to violence is always demonstrated with the way they go about it.I doubt if you've really witnessed such.There's no reason any organisation should constitute a nuisance to others.
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by NafeesaAA(f): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
The information is false, From a reliable source, a Sgt attached to Jakara Div fell from his truck and Shiite members attacked him and killed him. So far, from my point around Bompai just close to the HQ I only saw the
Police moving with one corpse of which I suspect is that is a Shiite member.

Meanwhile, Kano metro is calm, only travellers and people around Tambura, Bebeji, and communities around Kano - Zaria road are fleeing the heat.
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by TheNonce: 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
angry
talktimi:

You are the ignorant one here! Go and find out the history of these ragheaded monsters lead by el crakky and all the atrocities they have committed over the past 25 years in places like zaria and kano, specifically in state polythecnic zaria in 1996 and abu university against fellow young Nigerians like you and let us see whether you would still be trying to hold brief for them! Nonsense....
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by Nasman(m): 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2016
I don't condone violence, but this Shi'a folks are somehow crazy. If a more liberal state like Kaduna, can hunt down Shi'a folks and take them off the street with brutal force. How on earth would you try this nonsense in an overwhelming Conservative state like Kano. Get your facts straight, the vast majority of Nigerian Muslims are Sunni (More than 90℅), and it not a hidden fact that the Sunni population hate the Shi'a ideology. For your safety stop exposing your members to hardship. Confine yourselves to your dominated areas. Trying to preach about Shi'a ideology on the street is Not safe.
Re: Breaking News: Shiite Muslims, Police Clash In Kano by Nasman(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
talktimi:
Mr Researcher, maybe you should do your research better,
Go and make a better research on Hizbullahi, Iranian Revolutionary guard, Houthi rebel of Yemen, and Nigerian Shi'a establishment against innocent Zaria people for 30yrs, since 1985, they have terrorise the people of zaria. ask an average Zaria folk about this Shi'a crackdown, and they will tell you that they are happy about it. Then you can open your mouth and talk, anything short of this, you should remain quiet

(1) (Reply)

Is Reno Omokiri Right About President Buhari? See Photo / How Did EFCC Get The Keys For A $50 Million Safe - photo / Lets Pray For President Buhari (before And After Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.