Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment (43121 Views)

Which Viable Business Can I Start With N150k To N200k? / What Business Can I Start With N200k? / Fire Guts Shops In Ogba, Millions Of Naira Worth Of Goods Destroyed (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by OHIsIManuEL(m): 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
thesicilian:
The shop owner may have seen and copied the name from the ATM card. The issue is, why don't Nigerians trust themselves?
You know why now
A typical Nigerian wants to outsmart his fellow Nigerian, that's why we're here today

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
Dramadiddy:
waaaaaaatttt apostle must hear this

Apostle must hear o gringrin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by eezeribe(m): 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
Don't mind them, even here on nairaland, onyibo is now official English word
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Adesiji77: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
VickyRotex:
If I hear. How can Oyinbo bear Chinedu na? His twitter handle gave him away.

Impersonator! MarekChinedu kor, Marek Chukwudi ni!

People just believe anything a human that has access to the internet post.

cheesy grin

The things people do to trend on social media...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Onegai(f): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
This must have happened on the island, where Marek is popular.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by noblemax(m): 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2016
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=1564 please help my hustle...God bless you. please copy and paste this link on your browser and please like to vote for me.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by konkonbilo(m): 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2016
Similar thing happened to me once,I was at aroloya market at Lagos island last year,I went to buy some photography equipment and was unable to finish paying due to the malfunction of pos machine. The remaining money was close to #30,000 and the owner of the shop asked me if I could pay into his account the next morning and I said why not.he gave me his account number and I deposited it the following day. That was the first time I was buying stuffs from him.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by DONFAITH: 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
That pics and that name na fake. That guy na complete igbo man when dey look for attention. Am not sure any sensitive Nigerian trader would be stupid enough to let a some guy come and make our with a goods worth of 200k, so I think its a lie.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by MaziOmenuko: 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
Same sh!t happened to me at Shoprite, Festac. I was forced to forgo my items until I get cash from the ATM inside the nearby Golden Tulip Hotel.

Skin color did the trick, or the seller is a complete !idiot suffering from inferiority complex
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by phreakabit(m): 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
Store went full house NIGGA NIGGER mode on this one.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Bluffly: 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
If I am a direct supervisor to that sales person I would recommend a suspension for her. We need to understand something here. In their ouw country they might say go because you have an address with postcode, but here there is no traces. That sales person was just fascinated by the white Ish of a thing and God saved her she wasn't duped. Because there are criminals in white skin as well.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by 4nobody4every1: 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
sukkot:
hmmm . well niggaz are untrustworthy creatures so ermmm i see where the seller is coming from. while whites place more value on things above the material, blacks worship the material. i see where the seller is coming from although he is still a mumu cuz no way anybody is walking away with 200k of my goods. then again maybe the business is a front for shady activities and he doesnt really care about the things he is selling. he using the business to secure million dollar loans etc etc
God dash the seller mumu some sense, if l hear, 200k to a stranger, na waooo, if my worker tries it, he will be fired, no mall or convenient stores tries that in the west , l have been to several malls and it is either cash or your freaking plastic, may God dash the mumu some sense grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by sekem: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
Na wa o!

Could this be the same reason why I prefer white women ten times over black women?

Hmm...
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by sukkot: 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
4nobody4every1:
God dash the seller mumu some sense, if l hear, 200k to a stranger, na waooo, if my worker tries it, he will be fired, no mall or convenient stores tries that in the west , l have been to several malls and it is either cash or your freaking plastic, may God dash the mumu some sense May grin grin grin
lol the man is not the mumu you think he is. he has probably done a google search of the white guy and knows he is a prestigious guy or this his business is a front for shady deals and his money dont come from the business. you know if you have a business you can get million dollar loans from the bank and run. but you need to have run the business for a few years. so maybe this chinedu guy is just using the business for other ulterior motives. this why he dont value the goods in it wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by VickyRotex(f): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
Adesiji77:

cheesy grin

The things people do to trend on social media...

It's just tiring!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by thesicilian: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
SmartyPants:

Nothing silly about the risk he took. business is all about making educated guesses and in his case he probably guessed that he might win himself a repeat customer for life by a little show of good faith. Do you know the value of repeat business from a customer who buys 200k in one go, compared to a potential one-time loss of 200K?

We all make instantaneous judgments about people so no need to focus on the racial element.
That is another way of looking at it. Some of us are looking at 200k as a "large" sum of money, while some people may actually see it as a token worth risking in order to get something bigger later...
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Ugosample(m): 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:

the question everyone should ask himself/herself is : if I'm given this opportunity by a stranger, :what will I do? most Nigerians will simply run away and even give testimony in church about how God sent an angel to them. the extremely few that will return to pay will be booed and yabbed by probably their family, colleagues, society and even church/mosque members

the white has their bad egg too but their society don't make them feel like super star unlike here
... even in heaven, I don't think I can blindly trust a Nigerian

You said my thoughts out loud...
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Kxngstein(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
me am just here remembering how I bought 2h Mtn airtime and forgot to pay grin.. seller was already holding my belt aseef I killed somebody
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by shotster50(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
We are our own worst enemies....
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Dinobi77: 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
I knw the said shop owner is an IPOB, a biz strategist n he has established a contact that will eventually fetch him millions. The 200k was like a cup of water out of d ocean, if he lost d money, it wudnt v affected his biz, so he took d risk, n d risk was worth it. A biz relationship has that is going to b built on trust has been created.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by abbeyty(m): 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
thesicilian:
The shop owner may have seen and copied the name from the ATM card. The issue is, why don't Nigerians trust themselves?

cuz some cant be trusted, dont get me wrong i know a lot of Nigerians who wont run away with the money ohh. even here some people still come to scam their fellow Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by seenter84: 6:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
D owner of d shop must be a thief.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Jacko1(m): 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Useless Nigerians

They should make effigy of any white man whatsoever and start worshipping it.... Since they are gods to them

Nigeria useless walai
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by DICKtator: 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
sukkot:
hmmm . well niggaz are untrustworthy creatures so ermmm i see where the seller is coming from. while whites place more value on things above the material, blacks worship the material. i see where the seller is coming from although he is still a mumu cuz no way anybody is walking away with 200k of my goods. then again maybe the business is a front for shady activities and he doesnt really care about the things he is selling. he using the business to secure million dollar loans etc etc

Who told you whites do not place value on material things?
Not just things above material but also material things!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by freecocoa(f): 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
If I hear.

Like it is a norm anywhere, to sell goods to people you don't know on trust, fake story.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
oluwaseyi000:

the question everyone should ask himself/herself is : if I'm given this opportunity by a stranger, :what will I do? most Nigerians will simply run away and even give testimony in church about how God sent an angel to them. the extremely few that will return to pay will be booed and yabbed by probably their family, colleagues, society and even churcho/mosque members

the white has their bad egg too but their society don't make them feel like super star unlike here
... even in heaven, I don't think I can blindly trust a Nigerian

Na true you talk my brother.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by Janeyinspires(f): 8:40am On Nov 15, 2016
If I hear!
Eye service @ work.This is not the way to build business relations.Tell me,if it were a fellow countryman,would he have done it?
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by einsteine(m): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
VickyRotex:
If I hear. How can Oyinbo bear Chinedu na? His twitter handle gave him away.

Impersonator! MarekChinedu kor, Marek Chukwudi ni!

People just believe anything a human that has access to the internet post.

Stop acting like a know-it-all. That guy is a white man. His real name is marek zymzlowski and he was the CEO of Jovago. His Twitter handle has been marek chinedu for a long time.
Re: Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment by einsteine(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
DONFAITH:
That pics and that name na fake. That guy na complete igbo man when dey look for attention. Am not sure any sensitive Nigerian trader would be stupid enough to let a some guy come and make our with a goods worth of 200k, so I think its a lie.

It is not fake. He was the former CEO of Jovago. Marek zymzlowski.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Microfinance Banks That Give Loans. / Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. / Meet Quincy Nippon Who Celebrated His Birthday With Cake Decorated With Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.