Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (644017 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by wurdan: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Am 90% sure I have herpes. All the symptoms are there. What drugs can I take?

Does it mean I have hiv? And how can one get anti-retro viral drugs if one test positive? Is it something you can get at a pharmacy?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by walex2bad(m): 12:41am On Dec 30, 2013
lomaxx:

I think you have Migraine headache.

What I'm more concerned about is why Stugeron was prescribed for you in your school clinic- when it's obviously anti-serotoninergic and vasodilatory in action (don't worry about this part).

You need to see another doctor.

tanx a lot... i wuld b going to see a doc today...bt hw long does diz systoms takes to go wen treatment begins...am really scared...it has lasted abt 2mnth nw....is it really a life treathening disease... i thought its rare in Africa...?? embarassed
lomaxx:

I think you have Migraine headache.

What I'm more concerned about is why Stugeron was prescribed for you in your school clinic- when it's obviously anti-serotoninergic and vasodilatory in action (don't worry about this part).

You need to see another doctor.

tanx a lot... i wuld b going to see a doc today...bt hw long does diz systoms takes to go wen treatment begins...am really scared...it has lasted abt 2mnth nw....is it really a life treathening disease... i thought its rare in Africa...??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bbeyond: 1:43am On Dec 30, 2013
delightful1:
1. Will do that.
2. I seldom have a warm bath.
3. None that I know of.
4. Will get that done.
5. Heat

Thanx
i used to experince d skin itching after bath, be it cold or warm water. I tried all d available medications within ma reach to no avail. But d gud news is dat i'm no more suffering of it after I read a lil tips on dat wch I tried d simplest one n it works for me. The tip is just, stop using any hard spunch to bath. What was recomended to use in one of d tips wch I chusd was 'hankerchief' but dat was too small n soft to me as if it doesn't move any dirt off my skin, but what I've been using for more than two yrs now is 'socks', d one u use to wear shoes. Jst wear d pair in ur two hands n rob ur soup, n scrob ur body. I hope it helps. Goodluck!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bbeyond: 2:36am On Dec 30, 2013
Balogun: Health Checks. Doctor in the House

For all you Nairalanders I have decided to be your official doctor in the house. I have found this site so helpful in bonding me to my motherland I have decided to give medical advice with the usual disclaimer. This is just advice. Further treatment should be sought from your personal physician!
thanks so much doc. Pls doc, i'm jst 25 n i'm having shaky/jittering hands n legs mostly wen i'm tired or hungry. Every little thing i do dat requires effort such as (exercise, long run, dance, even singing) makes me very weak n dizzy dat I even lose balance. Secondly, I hardly keep tempo or sing to any beat without getting confused and weak n i would go off d tempo, even to dance or snap fingers to a beat is a problem. Pls is there any how I can get rid of these embarrassing problem? Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by johnstar(m): 8:20am On Dec 30, 2013
pls help, hvn lng sight problem, cn u treat my eyes
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by enyraver: 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
pls my right eye do seem like wat am seeing is shaking,pls wat can i do to correct it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spicyberry: 11:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hello doctor, I have a problem, I had sex like 3 months agoo,the sperm did not enter my body, but just to be on a safer side, I took salt and water immediately, later that nite I had running stomach, the next morning I still took postinor 2 and andrew liver salt.Now the problem is dat since then I have not seen my period, have, done several home PT test which was negative , I also had a blood test, which was also negative, Pls help, what could be wrong
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
Dr. What is ur advice on this new check up machine called QUANTUM MAGNETIC ANALYSER? Hw effective is it?

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
spicyberry: Hello doctor, I have a problem, I had sex like 3 months agoo,the sperm did not enter my body, but just to be on a safer side, I took salt and water immediately, later that nite I had running stomach, the next morning I still took postinor 2 and andrew liver salt.Now the problem is dat since then I have not seen my period, have, done several home PT test which was negative , I also had a blood test, which was also negative, Pls help, what could be wrong

If the PT was negative, then a pregnancy should be the least of your worries. How did you take the postinor 2?

Besides, you should use only medically proven contraceptive techniques to avoid unnecessary systemic side effects.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
enyraver: pls my right eye do seem like wat am seeing is shaking,pls wat can i do to correct it?

johnstar: pls help, hvn lng sight problem, cn u treat my eyes

See an ophthalmologist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 12:00am On Jan 02, 2014
Bbeyond:
thanks so much doc. Pls doc, i'm jst 25 n i'm having shaky/jittering hands n legs mostly wen i'm tired or hungry. Every little thing i do dat requires effort such as (exercise, long run, dance, even singing) makes me very weak n dizzy dat I even lose balance. Secondly, I hardly keep tempo or sing to any beat without getting confused and weak n i would go off d tempo, even to dance or snap fingers to a beat is a problem. Pls is there any how I can get rid of these embarrassing problem? Thanks.

Have you checked your blood glucose level recently?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by spicyberry: 12:18am On Jan 02, 2014
Thankz a lot doctor, abt the postinor 2, I took the two tablets at once, and dats the way I have been taking it since I started using it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by diran18: 7:24am On Jan 02, 2014
Pls my baby is coughing for a while now and I have try some cough syrup but not so effective. She is just 7month old. So what best cough syrup can you pls
recommend. Tanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by johnstar(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2014
ow much cn I gt a contact lens
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Madamspeaker(f): 7:42am On Jan 02, 2014
Doctor...pls,i av been having some problems with my stomach recently...anything i eat doznt stay in my body....after eating,i will go to d toilet...if i eat 3 times,i will go to d toilet 3 times...nd my stool is usually very watery....pls help me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 7:45am On Jan 02, 2014
spicyberry: Thankz a lot doctor, abt the postinor 2, I took the two tablets at once, and dats the way I have been taking it since I started using it

That's not how to take the drug. You have a couple of hormones messing with your menstrual cycle due to "overzealous" contraceptive usage.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2014
diran18: Pls my baby is coughing for a while now and I have try some cough syrup but not so effective. She is just 7month old. So what best cough syrup can you pls
recommend. Tanks

Cough is a 'protective' symptom that means something is wrong with the respiratory tract. So far as the cause of the cough is not eradicated, no cough medicine will remove the cough.

The best approach to managing cough is not to take cough medicine. It is to find out: what's causing the cough?. And then tackle the cough from the roots .

Which is why you need to see a doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 8:32am On Jan 02, 2014
Madam speaker: Doctor...pls,i av been having some problems with my stomach recently...anything i eat doznt stay in my body....after eating,i will go to d toilet...if i eat 3 times,i will go to d toilet 3 times...nd my stool is usually very watery....pls help me

How recently?.

Make sure you stay hydrated. Drink plenty water.
There's this drug "Lomotil". You can get it OTC and save your life. It saved mine few days ago (I was in your shoes grin )
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by TemitopeOluseye(f): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2014
Hello Doc, am 24weeks pregnant and av been having discharge which is like a cottage cheese, itching but not smelling. What could be d solution pls?[/color][color=#000099]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 10:22am On Jan 02, 2014
TemitopeOluseye: Hello Doc, am 24weeks pregnant and av been having discharge which is like a cottage cheese, itching but not smelling. What could be d solution pls?[/color][color=#000099]

Cottage cheese, itchy, non-smelly vag-inal discharge in a 24 week pregnant woman is clinically diagnostic of vag-inal candidiasis.

You need to see your doctor. While preparing to do so, on no account should you take oral anti-fungal drugs. It could be potentially harmful for your condition. You could give shots at the intra-vag.inal or topical regimen( I'm sure this is what your doctor will do).

But you still need to see your doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Madamspeaker(f): 11:29am On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

How recently?.

Make sure you stay hydrated. Drink plenty water.
There's this drug "Lomotil". You can get it OTC and save your life. It saved mine few days ago (I was in your shoes grin )

abt 4 days now...tnx a lot...but wat is d meaning of OTC?...sm1 also told me dat my stomach is dirty...can dat b true?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 11:38am On Jan 02, 2014
Happy new year @ all, my good friend is in unhealthy condition. According to him, when he laughs immersely, it will make him start coughing and as he coughs, his chest (heart) will be heating up so hard / painful but he does not cough out any tangible stuff. Doctors in the house / experienced minds, pls, what could be the cause of this problem and possibly it's solution/ remedy. Thanks in advance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 11:50am On Jan 02, 2014
Madam speaker:

abt 4 days now...tnx a lot...but wat is d meaning of OTC?...sm1 also told me dat my stomach is dirty...can dat b true?

OTC= over the counter (just like panadol for headache).

How many times do you pass the watery stool in a day?
Do you have nausea or vomitting, fever or loss of appetite? Any abdominal pain?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Madamspeaker(f): 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

OTC= over the counter (just like panadol for headache).

How many times do you pass the watery stool in a day?
Do you have nausea or vomitting, fever or loss of appetite? Any abdominal pain?
i experience loss of appetitie (or mayb fear of eating so dat i wnt go to d toilet),no fever e.t.c....i stool as many times as i eat..after a meal,some minutes after...my stomach will start singing,den i know its tym.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
Sir pc: Happy new year @ all, my good friend is in unhealthy condition. According to him, when he laughs immersely, it will make him start coughing and as he coughs, his chest (heart) will be heating up so hard / painful but he does not cough out any tangible stuff. Doctors in the house / experienced minds, pls, what could be the cause of this problem and possibly it's solution/ remedy. Thanks in advance.

How long has he noticed this?

Does he have episodes of cough with chest pain independent of laughing?

When he coughs, what does he bring out? What's the colour? How plenty? Does it have any awful smell?

Does he have fever? Does he feel breathless?

Apart from laughing, what else makes his cough and/or chest pain severe?

If he takes in a deep breath, would he feel the chest pain?

Does he smoke? If yes, how often and how long? (Very important)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

How long has he noticed this?

Does he have episodes of cough with chest pain independent of laughing?

When he coughs, what does he bring out? What's the colour? How plenty? Does it have any awful smell?

Does he have fever? Does he feel breathless?

Apart from laughing, what else makes his cough and/or chest pain severe?

If he takes in a deep breath, would he feel the chest pain?

Does he smoke? If yes, how often and how long? (Very important)
(1) For about 2 years + now
(2) little chest pain some times
(3) small thing like that, saliva colour with little or no cough inside, have not smelt it
(4) some time ago, he had headache (malaria). Although, he had treated it;No, but after that heavy cough + heating-up of heart, as he breathes; one can hear a small whistling sound
(5) for now, laugh is the only activator
(6) No
(7) No, he has not even test smoking since birth
In addition, when he coughs initially, there is this sensasional moment he feels from the lung (i gues) up the throat. And since late last year, he has been having cattaar and soar throat more often than usual. Thanks for ur concern.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
ikemeneke: Dr. What is ur advice on this new check up machine called QUANTUM MAGNETIC ANALYSER? Hw effective is it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seriko: 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
hi doc, I ve been experiencing this dull ache around my left thigh/groin region occasionally while standing and mostly standing up. my research points at varicoceles, what do you think and what's the way forward, if possible could u recommend a competent urologist in Lagos.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
seriko: hi doc, I ve been experiencing this dull ache around my left thigh/groin region occasionally while standing and mostly standing up. my research points at varicoceles, what do you think and what's the way forward, if possible could u recommend a competent urologist in Lagos.

Why do you think it's a varicocele? Can you share what you found out?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
[quote author=ikemeneke][/quote]

You might want to see this thread

www.nairaland.com/1025062/quantum-magnetic-resonance-analyser-more
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
Sir pc: (1) For about 2 years + now
(3) small thing like that, saliva colour with little or no cough inside, have not smelt it
(4) some time ago, he had headache (malaria). Although, he had treated it;No, but after that heavy cough + heating-up of heart, as he breathes; one can hear a small whistling sound
(6) No
In addition, when he coughs initially, there is this sensasional moment he feels from the lung (i gues) up the throat. And since late last year, he has been having cattaar and soar throat more often than usual. Thanks for ur concern.

Is he asthmatic?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
Sir pc: (1) For about 2 years + now
(6) No

Is he asthmatic? You've just described a classical asthmatic patient for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.