Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,151 members, 7,880,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (644914 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:37am On Jul 10, 2019
naijaboy756:
Good evening blessed Nairalanders

I was beaten by serious rain and ever since I have had funny feelings. Fever increased last night. Went to the hospital and was given malaria tablets

2ndly I have had to battle serious center back pains and doctor suggested it could be muscle spasms. What exercises can I indulge in to be fine? The pain is killing

I thought I have discussed this before?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:43am On Jul 10, 2019
Deriches:
Pls help a brother, have bn passing through this since march. Penile discharge and have gone for test and many antibiotics were prescribed and all to no avail. Pls any remedy
Just a penile discharge?
Where is this discharge coming from or situated?
Color of discharge?
Odor of discharge?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:52am On Jul 10, 2019
umt13:
Hello Doctor I am suffering from HYPOCHONDRIA...... It make me.loss appetite am always thinking, all the time, I can't concentrate in work..... Pls help
How do you know you have this problem?
To have thoughts over problems is really not the issue, the problem is the degree of sanity lost in the act.

What is troubling you?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:59am On Jul 10, 2019
ademerit007:
Pls doctors come to my aid, it's really becoming embarrassing from every angle. I am trying to conceive, I am getting fatter, and my stomach is getting bigger. Everybody who sees me always assume I am pregnant, and yet I see my menstrual period every month, hpt keeps coming negative, and yet stomach is bigger, everyone thinks I am pregnant. What advice will you give me?
Don't you think this enjoyment?
And I am here looking pale.

Alright, tell me first what to do get that great body I have been missing these days.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by umt13(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2019
2Ballz:

How do you know you have this problem?
To have thoughts over problems is really not the issue, the problem is the degree of sanity lost in the act.

What is troubling you?

Yeah I have it because I diagnosed myself and assumed that I am having HIV, and I have never had sex without protection but I am always convincing my self that i hav.

I am just seeing myself as one of the patients, i always think every day......and am not having any symptoms, I am having this anxiety for 5 months now...... The condition always increases, as I am speaking now it made me loss appetite, i can't eat well and also I can't concentrate on work........ Because i use to think every minute.

And I am scared to see the Doctor?

Pls help me doctor, it really affect my life......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LizzyIkeukwu: 8:51am On Jul 10, 2019
Goodmorning Doctor, thank you for all the goodwork you are doing in this thread. God will really bless you . I am pregnant,
Please my question is, my first child suffered jundis at birth
and I was told it was because I did not treat malaria, but then I didn't suffer malaria, so I want to know what I can do to prevent this one from having jundis too. Thank you .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Deriches: 9:08am On Jul 10, 2019
2Ballz:

Just a penile discharge?
Where is this discharge coming from or situated?
Color of discharge?
Odor of discharge?

Its just discharge from penis which comes either at the beginning or end of urine. Have bn taking many antibiotics and no way.
Pls any solution
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mannatech: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2019
umt13:

Yeah I have it because I diagnosed myself and assumed that I am having HIV, and I have never had sex without protection but I am always convincing my self that i hav.

I am just seeing myself as one of the patients, i always think every day......and am not having any symptoms, I am having this anxiety for 5 months now...... The condition always increases, as I am speaking now it made me loss appetite, i can't eat well and also I can't concentrate on work........ Because i use to think every minute.

I feel for you bro.

Fear of having something you don't have is also a serious issue.

If you really want this to go away and your mind can't seem to be ready to cooperate with your body, your best bet would be seeing a psychologist.

At least, get your anxiety treated sonic doesn't affect your job and relationships.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by macromyk: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2019
2Ballz:

Kindly, have him placed on an appointment with a doctor for a physical checkup especially if the pain have been refractory to palliatives and coming from the region of the abdomen where the surgery was done or if at all it is diffusive by character. It may just be an infection as complication or probably something coming anew.

I do hope he kept to post-operative Dos-and-Don'ts after the removal of the vermiform appendix?

yes, he kept to the Dos and dont's after surgery
He said the paid isn't originating from the region where he was operated on
Getting him to see a doctor now is the issue, as we are not bouyant financially now
would be glad if you have any idea and solution on what might be wrong
thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
macromyk:

yes, he kept to the Dos and dont's after surgery
He said the paid isn't originating from the region where he was operated on
Getting him to see a doctor now is the issue, as we are not bouyant financially now
would be glad if you have any idea and solution on what might be wrong
thank you

Sir, I am not a magician and it will require some effect on my side to know the cause to the pain. Knowing also may be difficult for the fact that I am not doing a physical examination on him.

How severe is the pain?
Which part of the abdomen is he having the pain?
When do this pain seems to come low and high?
Does the pain come during and after eating?
Does the pain come before eating?
Is he having chest tightness?
Feeling of not breathing well?
The site of the operation, has it healed properly?
Any place of the abdomen or the body generally swollen?
Any thing to say about his urine:
Volume?
Color?
Odor?

Vomiting?
Nausea?
Diarrhea?
Hearing Tommy sounds?

What has so far use to manage this pain?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
Mofetemi:
Hi doc, what could be the cause of everyday head and entire body hotness? Malaria and typhoid have been treated and the hotness is still present.
Just head and body warmness? No malaise?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
Deriches:

Its just discharge from penis which comes either at the beginning or end of urine. Have bn taking many antibiotics and no way.
Pls any solution
Why are you worried about that?
Does it follow with any special symptoms you want to add to it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by slyfran6(m): 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
This is wonderful and I believe it is also achievable in Nigeria.
However, it would need some heavy capital investments. With state of the art taining of our medical personnel and the right blend of quality Medical equipment, consumables and supplies, I do not see why these negative news should always be the case.
Our professionals are trained YES. And I have the right quality mix of equipment and supplies with which you would provide optimum care
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
LizzyIkeukwu:
Goodmorning Doctor, thank you for all the goodwork you are doing in this thread. God will really bless you . I am pregnant,
Please my question is, my first child suffered jundis at birth
and I was told it was because I did not treat malaria, but then I didn't suffer malaria, so I want to know what I can do to prevent this one from having jundis too. Thank you .

A child in the womb is usually a function of the pregnant woman. This means a healthy child is a stereotype of an healthy environment the pregnant woman provides for her. Your interest should cover a vast measure on what you should do to have a healthy baby than one having the other health problems except Jaundice. I don't think you will love to have a baby with no hands or leg though he or she is no jaundiced. This means a healthy woman gives a healthy baby.

What should I do to prevent my newborn from coming up with Jaundice?

1) Check for Rh-autohypersensitivity: this will be part of your antenatal care and discourse. It is therefore necessary to get your doctor to know of your former pregnancy so as to know what to do to prevent any health condition to the present one.

2) Give optimal care to yourself during your pregnancy. Eat good food, take fruits and have good rest and be active as you can be. This also cover reporting illness or disease you may face during your being pregnant to your doctor. The role of food is very important, it is the ingredient to which the growing fetus can capitalize on to develop. A poorly fed woman during pregnancy may reduce the spurt inwhich the child in her is growing.

3) Avoid or stay away from substances or chemicals not prescribed to you by doctor.

Know this, every child at the point and time of delivery suffers a normal Jaundice. However, this jaundice shouldn't last more than 3-10days. This jaundice is normal due to immature of the liver to conjugate almost all the dead red cell in the blood. If it last above this, It means something may be wrong. A normal jaundice in a newborn should follow with a subacute clinical condition. There are likelihood that this may extend further for children born preterm.. This therefore mean, you really have to do any great for your baby not to be preterm.

The knowledge that a jaundice is normal or clinical largely depends on the clinical management. Commonly, a clinical jaundice may unfold almost natural. Some factors on your side to meet to avoid this:

1. Fetal stress: Always observe yourself during your pregnancy. Ensure that your baby in utero is kicking at least everyday. Takes fluids and let the pregnancy pass in no tough stress on your side.

2. Infection that affects the liver: Well, the best thing to do is to avoid any form infection that can affects you and the baby.

3 Rhfactor incompatibility.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
umt13:

We have millions of health conditions, out of the millions you are only bothered about HIV AIDS, don't you think there is something you are not sharing with me?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by umt13(m): 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
2Ballz:

We have millions of health conditions, out of the millions you are only bothered about HIV AIDS, don't you think there is something you are not sharing with me?

Nothing to hide Doctor, that's what my mind told me..... Bt not exposed to any sex, always using protection....... Is just that i lose appetite and i don't know if Hypochondria can be d cause of my loss of appetite?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LizzyIkeukwu: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
2Ballz:

A child in the womb is usually a function of the pregnant woman. This means a healthy child is a stereotype of an healthy environment the pregnant woman provides for her. Your interest should cover a vast measure on what you should do to have a healthy baby than one having the other health problems except Jaundice. I don't think you will love to have a baby with no hands or leg though he or she is no jaundiced. This means a healthy woman gives a healthy baby.

What should I do to prevent my newborn from coming up with Jaundice?

1) Check for Rh-autohypersensitivity: this will be part of your antenatal care and discourse. It is therefore necessary to get your doctor to know of your former pregnancy so as to know what to do to prevent any health condition to the present one.

2) Give optimal care to yourself during your pregnancy. Eat good food, take fruits and have good rest and be active as you can be. This also cover reporting illness or disease you may face during your being pregnant to your doctor. The role of food is very important, it is the ingredient to which the growing fetus can capitalize on to develop. A poorly fed woman during pregnancy may reduce the spurt inwhich the child in her is growing.

3) Avoid or stay away from substances or chemicals not prescribed to you by doctor.

Know this, every child at the point and time of delivery suffers a normal Jaundice. However, this jaundice shouldn't last more than 3-10days. This jaundice is normal due to immature of the liver to conjugate almost all the dead red cell in the blood. If it last above this, It means something may be wrong. A normal jaundice in a newborn should follow with a subacute clinical condition. There are likelihood that this may extend further for children born preterm.. This therefore mean, you really have to do any great for your baby not to be preterm.

The knowledge that a jaundice is normal or clinical largely depends on the clinical management. Commonly, a clinical jaundice may unfold almost natural. Some factors on your side to meet to avoid this:

1. Fetal stress: Always observe yourself during your pregnancy. Ensure that your baby in utero is kicking at least everyday. Takes fluids and let the pregnancy pass in no tough stress on your side.

2. Infection that affects the liver: Well, the best thing to do is to avoid any form infection that can affects you and the baby.

3 Rhfactor incompatibility.

ok Doc, thank you very much,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Deriches: 6:01am On Jul 11, 2019
2Ballz:

Why are you worried about that?
Does it follow with any special symptoms you want to add to it?

Pls what can i do, am confused about this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 10:26am On Jul 11, 2019
Deriches:

Pls what can i do, am confused about this.
I don't like this reply, while not answer my questions and see how it all ends.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omoleyeib(m): 10:36am On Jul 11, 2019
Please doctor in the house. My wife pregnancy av reach 40wks and 12days today. She saw show since Sunday but no contractions till yesterday night when it started and we need to rush to hospital where she registered but after an hour the contractions stop. The doctor suggested argumentation for her. Please is there any repercussions for this aurgumeting OR what can uyou give me plz.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Deriches: 11:00am On Jul 11, 2019
2Ballz:

I don't like this reply, while not answer my questions and see how it all ends.

No other symptoms.
Pls help a brother
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2019
umt13:

Nothing to hide Doctor, that's what my mind told me..... Bt not exposed to any sex, always using protection....... Is just that i lose appetite and i don't know if Hypochondria can be d cause of my loss of appetite?

You are dealing with a self-imposed psyche malady that has no tolerance to mind stability. Almost all organic health conditions run with poor or no appetite as well as some psychogenic disturbance-anxiety being a part.
The anxiety that comes with hypochondriac is self-compulsive and impository modifiable. This means, whatever now you suffer of is a thing of your own measure and psyche. The embodiment of your worries is the loss of appetite which is certainly not a core definition of what you think you are or suspicious about. So, I should be interested to know other signs and symptoms that should make want to believe I have a certain problem. Once again, i may still find it troubling because I have believe so much that I have a condition. One usually with hyponchondriac is in halves to face the truth and what to do with the truth. I should be the first to check that If actually this condition is true of my suspicion, as usual the one having hypochondriac ain't having that which he thinks. Some often don't have problem going for check but habitual checking is the obsessive disease. Now, if I were you:

1) I will choose to be Active against all odds. I will choose to
give my attention to the best enterprise my hand finds to do. Read books, hangout with friends and take at a good time for leisure.

2) Cut down the many checks on me. Now, that I have decided to maintain a busy schedule, I would indulge in less checking of my self. When I must have started less checking of my self I would ensure to keep a standard health-to-stress balance that will not frustrate this indulging of mine. I would question myself, for example; " if I have AIDs why haven't I come down with something serious more than just a loss of appetite for this months/years that I have been suspecting it? " . I would ensure that I avoid checking also sites for which I feed my fears too. No more checking for online help, it would only enrich the fear in me.

3) I wouldl appreciate myself for the life I live now. I will encourage myself that life is either I live or I die, never both. However, if I do come with AIDs in line with my suspicion I shouldn't take it with all pinch of salt that i am done with life. Rather, I would rather think out prospect on how to make me live life and be happy, and not worry my ass off all day.

4) Feed your mental being with that which is positive. Stop talking about it.

5) Seek the help of Psychologist for further relevance and assistance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2019
Deriches:

No other symptoms.
Pls help a brother
You have no problem. Keep your attention from it, it will self-limit. Some percentage of males experience urine-semen infiltrate in their urine. This is no problem. However, for your fears you can have urine m/c/s for a bacteria load for which am sure may come less disturbing.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2019
omoleyeib:
Please doctor in the house. My wife pregnancy av reach 40wks and 12days today. She saw show since Sunday but no contractions till yesterday night when it started and we need to rush to hospital where she registered but after an hour the contractions stop. The doctor suggested argumentation for her. Please is there any repercussions for this aurgumeting OR what can uyou give me plz.
Since she is >37wks and by agreement from you/wife and the doctor with respect to the situation on ground,by management saw it needful to induce a forceful muscle work of your wife's womb. Don't worry about its repercussion, the chance that your baby and wife will suffer from this induction in the long run is poor. If at all there should, it is short and bearable body fluid accumulation both in the child and mother, in a short while both will be fine.

All that is necessary now is to give the doctor a confidential go-ahead and your wife a standby stamina enforcer.

Congrats!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Deriches: 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
2Ballz:

You have no problem. Keep your attention from it, it will self-limit. Some percentage of males experience urine-semen infiltrate in their urine. This is no problem. However, for your fears you can have urine m/c/s for a bacteria load for which am sure may come less disturbing.

It all started from march this year and have gone for urine and blood culture test. Keep on telling me dat am OK. Now it is coming every two days interval.

So no remedy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by JesusBorn: 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hello Doctor, for 2 years now I have been having this urge to urinate every 2-3 hours, I wake up 2-3 times in the night to ease my self. After urinating I will shake my penis very well but still a drop of urine will still be on the tip of my penis.

Sir, No pain, No discharge. Have done several test but everything comes out OK.

Please help a brother. Thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omoleyeib(m): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
2Ballz:

Don't worry about its repercussion, the chance that your baby and wife will suffer from this induction in the long run is poor.
thanks for your response. Please I don't understand what you mean by this above line.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
JesusBorn:
Hello Doctor, for 2 years now I have been having this urge to urinate every 2-3 hours, I wake up 2-3 times in the night to ease my self. After urinating I will shake my penis very well but still a drop of urine will still be on the tip of my penis.

Sir, No pain, No discharge. Have done several test but everything comes out OK.

Please help a brother. Thank you.

I thought I have told you what to do on the other side though I am yet to finally give you reply on the last message you sent me. Be patient please!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
omoleyeib:
thanks for your response. Please I don't understand what you mean by this above line.

It means they will be fine soon after the delivery of the baby provided all things remains equal.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by JesusBorn: 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
2Ballz:

I thought I have told you what to do on the other side though I am yet to finally give you reply on the last message you sent me. Be patient please!

Thanks for your kind response, have gone through my mention but I can't remember Sir, please put me through.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by engrelvis(m): 5:50am On Jul 12, 2019
umt13:

dnt really understand what doctor@2ballz is saying as per ving many diseases n yet is HIV u r worrying about. Is nt his field so I understand. Hypochondria is a serious psychological anxiety issue .it can create real physical fear n manifestation but most times dey r all in yr head.face yr fear n go for HIV test.am 100 percent sure it will b negative.After ruling out any medical condition next thing is to work on fear.dnt run from it,run into it.in most cases there is trigger. Avoid googling yr symptoms. It will only magnify it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.