Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,959 members, 7,873,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:54 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (644046 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Godswings(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2019
please, how much does it cost to get a general test done in Government hospitals?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lunah(f): 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hello Doctor.
I'm having an allergic reaction to something which I don't know. And it has produced red itchy swells on my face. And sometimes I feel like its burning.

What do you suggest sir?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaboy756: 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
Godswings:
please, how much does it cost to get a general test done in Government hospitals?
what are the components of the test
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SendAbroad: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2019
tswise:

Thanks. Please direct us on how and where to go for this test. Can I PM you if you don't mind?...Regards

Have you been able to treat and resolve the challenges?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lunah(f): 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2019
Lunah:
Hello Doctor.
I'm having an allergic reaction to something which I don't know. And it has produced red itchy swells on my face. And sometimes I feel like its burning.

What do you suggest sir?
Please, I need a reply to this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SendAbroad: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2019
Lunah:

Please, I need a reply to this.

Can you upload a picture showing what you are talking about also what and what have you used?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lunah(f): 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2019
SendAbroad:

Can you upload a picture showing what you are talking about also what and what have you used?

Started using hydrocortisone cream and Piriton. Been on loratidine, But it still itches, so I switched to piriton.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SendAbroad: 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2019
Lunah:

Started using hydrocortisone cream and Piriton. Been on loratidine, But it still itches, so I switched to piriton.

I have a topical medication you can apply night and morning. ..price is N3,500.

Where is your location... PM me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lunah(f): 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2019
SendAbroad:

I have a topical medication you can apply night and morning. ..price is N3,500.

Where is your location... PM me.

Okay. But what's the name of this medication?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2019
Esheva:

Thank you for your input, but trust me, I've been there done that.

You can reach me @
Dami.ojo@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by OtunbaBlack(m): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2019
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaboy756: 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
Hello beloved Doctors,

Please what could cause usual cold and inability to stay in a cold environment? I mean like an extra layer of cold hitting the skeleton directly. That kind of feeling... yes the weather is cold, but this is not normal. When in the same environment with others, the reaction to the cold is different. It comes with little Nausea. No headache or fever. But she has weakness of the body and feeling weak and tired all day.

Kindly assist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SendAbroad: 12:18am On Aug 22, 2019
naijaboy756:
Hello beloved Doctors,

Please what could cause usual cold and inability to stay in a cold environment? I mean like an extra layer of cold hitting the skeleton directly. That kind of feeling... yes the weather is cold, but this is not normal. When in the same environment with others, the reaction to the cold is different. It comes with little Nausea. No headache or fever. But she has weakness of the body and feeling weak and tired all day.

Kindly assist

Do a full blood count. . Also, get blood tonic to replenish the blood...the cold part of the body is not getting enough blood circulation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaboy756: 6:09am On Aug 22, 2019
SendAbroad:

Do a full blood count. . Also, get blood tonic to replenish the blood...the cold part of the body is not getting enough blood circulation.
Thank you!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by subsonic(f): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hi docs, I am 40W5D today, I had a membrane sweep/strip done yesterday by my doctor

Afterward I felt cramps in my lower abdomen and also noticed blood stained mucus like discharge. He said if I do not go into labour within 72hours of the sweep, then it didn't work.

How effective is it in inducing labour. Also I am Rh Negative, hope I don't have to worry about bloody mucus causing sensitization.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mizwisdom(f): 4:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
Good afternoon Doctors, a family friend's daughter is giving us cause for concern. She doesn't like to read, when we asked her the reason for such attitude, she said she doesn't understand what she reads, that the word she sees in the book are not the actual words written in it, she says she sees different words and sentences that are not there. Her mother took her for eye test and it shows her vision is good so what is the reason for seeing different words that are not in the book? she also pronounces words strangely, if you are talking to her she will be thinking of other things, her parents are very worried about her especially as she will write JAMB next year, what could be the problem with her sir/ma? it seems she's simply dull but they need medical opinion
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oxypress: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2019
The child has DYSLEXIA and has been 'passing' exams with nobody reporting!
If you agree with us and need further discussion on this diagnosis let us know.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mizwisdom(f): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
oxypress:
The child has DYSLEXIA and has been 'passing' exams with nobody reporting!
If you agree with us and need further discussion on this diagnosis let us know.

Dyslexia?! I will let them know. She has been struggling to pass, she even came last in class SS2 but struggled to pass, mixes numbers, words etc..thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oxypress: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Dyslexia?! I will let them know. She has been struggling to pass, she even came last in class SS2 but struggled to pass, mixes numbers, words etc..thanks
This is exactly the picture. You can browse dyslexia to see for yourself. We can help if the parents will be interested.
You may open a new thread about this titled: dyslexia.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:42am On Aug 29, 2019
It is honestly too fast to pass dyslexia to that child or teen or even an adult. It is unarguably undeniable that such characteristics goes with dyslexia but my primary concern is to avoid spreading that stigma until it is clinically discerned.
So, see a doctor to have that child examined in every available service that can provide help to this disturbing issue at hand. It may just be normal and some thing familial, it could be environmental factors and what have we.

The bottomline is, see the doctor and have him or her examined.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:56am On Aug 29, 2019
subsonic:
Hi docs, I am 40W5D today, I had a membrane sweep/strip done yesterday by my doctor

Afterward I felt cramps in my lower abdomen and also noticed blood stained mucus like discharge. He said if I do not go into labour within 72hours of the sweep, then it didn't work.

How effective is it in inducing labour. Also I am Rh Negative, hope I don't have to worry about bloody mucus causing sensitization.

For example, if I want you to vomit I may just take a finger in one of my hands and scratch your throat. This may cause you to vomit if I try better in sweeping around the vomiting trigger zone of that region.
This is exactly how it plays in sweeping around your cervix to induce labour. Often times it works but in some others it is sustained further more sweeping should the previous ones fail. That is easily and comfortable done with the intent on trial and a let-us-see-what-happen before contemplating on the obvious.

RhD negative, no sensitivity.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oxypress: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
2Ballz:
It is honestly too fast to pass dyslexia to that child or teen or even an adult. It is unarguably undeniable that such characteristics goes with dyslexia but my primary concern is to avoid spreading that stigma until it is clinically discerned.
So, see a doctor to have that child examined in every available service that can provide help to this disturbing issue at hand. It may just be normal and some thing familial, it could be environmental factors and what have we.

The bottomline is, see the doctor and have him or her examined.
The condition has a name. The patient needs help. Why waste their time when we know what it is? People don't know the name and therefore they cannot treat and that's why she has been suffering. You cannot treat what you don't know bros.
This is a case of dyslexia caused by brain damage. The info is enough for a diagnosis. If you probe further you can find out the cause.
We are real here o, not fake!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Babysuccess02(f): 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
hi doctors.
I don't understand the way my body is doing me this days. I will be doing fine now and the next minute am feeling all dizzy and weak. I do feel like vomiting and fainting all at the same time. I have treated for malaria, but am still feeling same way. it has been going on for months now. I have even tested for HIV and the result came out negative. don't know what to do. I feel sick. please help me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Richdee1(m): 12:19am On Aug 30, 2019
Babysuccess02:
hi doctors.
I don't understand the way my body is doing me this days. I will be doing fine now and the next minute am feeling all dizzy and weak. I do feel like vomiting and fainting all at the same time. I have treated for malaria, but am still feeling same way. it has been going on for months now. I have even tested for HIV and the result came out negative. don't know what to do. I feel sick. please help me.

Are you sure is not what I'm thinking?? ���

When last did u knack??!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Babysuccess02(f): 9:44am On Aug 30, 2019
Richdee1:

Are you sure is not what I'm thinking?? ���

When last did u knack??!
it's not what you are thinking. I have not had sex for close to three months now. am seeing my monthly flow normally.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:22am On Aug 31, 2019
oxypress:

The condition has a name. The patient needs help. Why waste their time when we know what it is? People don't know the name and therefore they cannot treat and that's why she has been suffering. You cannot treat what you don't know bros.
This is a case of dyslexia caused by brain damage. The info is enough for a diagnosis. If you probe further you can find out the cause.
We are real here o, not fake!
The problem is not to give name to the situation at hand, it is not to acclaim a full stop command from here too. How do you know she or he has a brain damage? How can you diagnose someone with Dyslexia without a physical examination?
Let that person see a doctor and let him or her be examined properly as it should.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:34am On Aug 31, 2019
Babysuccess02:
hi doctors.
Age?
Sex?
Time frame this has been going on?
Apart from vomiting, do you experience:
a) constipation?
b) diarrhea?

Fever?
Is it general body weakness? Where do you feel weak the most?
When does this weakness start:
a) mainly from morning period?
b) ....... afternoon?
c) ....... evening?

Have you being eating very well?
How can you tell you have not be undernourished?

Do you find yourself unnecessary confused and unable to understand little things?
Do you find yourself not tolerating cold for a short period?

Do you experience poor urine frequency?
Hardly sweat?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by stano2(m): 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
Good day doctors,
Please which drug is taken for epilepsy?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by exclusivelyholy(f): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
What is staph
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Glorygg: 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2019
Pls help my frnd doc she is feeling very weak all the time, hotness of the body, lack of appetite, bloating, cold, feel like vomiting, losing weight, her body is always hot and she has this rashes at herback. Been 2yrs since she had sex

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.