Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,491 members, 7,888,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:32 AM

Professor Wole Soyinka, Prophet T.b Joshua And Trumpism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Professor Wole Soyinka, Prophet T.b Joshua And Trumpism (461 Views)

Prophet T.B. Joshua: "Pray Against Interruption Of Democracy In Nigeria" / T.B Joshua Gives N4.4m To Libya Deportees This Week / T.B. Joshua Welcomed By Ecuador Military Generals (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Professor Wole Soyinka, Prophet T.b Joshua And Trumpism by Trivalence: 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
Prof. Wole Soyinka has confirmed he will be tearing his green card as promised on Trump's swearing-in day. FutureImpossibleTense

Dark triad, a subject in psychology that deals with three personality traits: Machiavellianism, Narcissm, and Psychopathy (Wikipedia) will need to adopt a new brother. The dark implies that people possessing these traits have malevolent qualities. In case you do not know, malevolent is wishing harm on others, while benevolent is wishing good on others.

The term Machiavellianism and Narcissm was coined from two individauls first thought or observed to possess these characteristics respectively.
Machiavellianism is the employment of cunning and duplicity in statescraft or in general conduct (Oxford English Dictionary).
Nicollo Machiavelli an Italian renaissance diplomat and writer published 'IL PRINCIPE' translated 'THE PRINCE' in 1532; a book which is the first printed course on Political tricks and Manual for the Con-Men.
Narcissm was also coined from Narcissus - Greek mythology in which a young man fell in love with his own reflection in a pool of water. It was popularised by Sigmund Freud in 1914.

I tend to wonder how many of our Politicians possess Machiavellianism trait - a lot you will agree with me. Population of our 'think they are beautiful' ladies and guys that possess Narcissm trait - many you will reply. I am afraid to tell you there is another dark trait called 'TRUMPISM'; which will make dark triad change name to 'dark quadrant': Machiavellism, Narcissm, Psychopathy, and Trumpism.

Trumpism is the expression of oneself without empathy. A condition in which the speaker does not choose his/her words carefully; he/she speaks to defend his/her cause only (my defination).

The first person to publicly display his Trumpism last week was our nation's sole Nobel Prize Winner, Prof. Wole Soyinka. In his Trumpic reply to media viral headline ''Will Prof. Soyinka tear his green card has promised'', he was quoted in the second to the last paragraph of his published reply ''RED CARD, GREEN CARD – Notes Towards The Management Of Hysteria'' in Vanguard Newspaper, ''Let me end with a Red Card to those noisome creatures, the nattering nit-wits of Internet: maybe Trumpland is not as despicable as the Naijaland you impose on our reality from your secure cesspits of anonymity.'' So a Prof. can possess this trait! Anyway he is human - to err is man.

Another public icon who displayed Trumpism idiosyncracy was the Synagogue Church General Overseer, the OAP of Emmanuel TV, Prophet T.B Joshua. In his response to his critics during a service at the headquarter of his Church in Ikotun, Lagos on Sunday according to Vanguard News Paper, he said ''In this case, we need the spirit of a Prophet to recognise or to know a Peophet. Our levels are different. We are not on the same level. We might have great cathedrals, huge halls, and all kinds of activities that are good by human standards but human point of view is limited''. I still ponder who the second sentence 'We might have great cathedrals...' points to.

Trump might not only have another 'dark trait' named after him, but more English grammers might be invented by him. Associate Professor Farooq Kperogi in his daily trust column ''Notes from Atlanta' wrote an article titled ''Mangled Trumpian Grammar as New American English?'' He dissected Trumps grammer during is campaign, quoting media reports such as ''Trump tweeted: Wow, every poll said I won the debate last night. Great honer''. He misspelt honer for honor. Also another tweet of his ''Lying Ted Cruz and leightweight chocker Marco Rubio teamed up last night in a last ditch effort to stop our great movement. They failed!'' Where he misspelt leightweight for lightweight. Trump was also corrected after saying "They talk good around election" instead of “they speak well around election time,”a statement that made many English teachers took to social media to say he had lost their votes.

If Kperogi's postulat

(1) (Reply)

My Two Cents On Tithe / He Was Told He Would Be A Pastor / Buhari Will Be Back In Approximately 3 Months" Primate Ayodele Shares Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.