Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money (18965 Views)

Omarosa Manigault Resigns From White House Job / Tinubu, The Party He Formed, A Sleeping President, And A Useless Party Chairman / Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by zoba88: 7:49am On Nov 16, 2016
Eminent businessman and former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Kalu has resigned his membership of the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA). The former governor said he took the decision after wide consultations with political associates, followers, loyalists and well-wishers.

This was contained in a November 14, 2016 letter he personally signed and addressed to the national chairman of the party.

The letter was made available to the media yesterday: “It is with a heavy heart, full of precious memories, profound appreciation and goodwill that I write to inform you of my decision to quit my membership of the PPA.

“As a founding member of the PPA, in 2006 and a former chairman of the BoT, I have been fortunate to have witnessed first hand, the growth of a party that grew out of the yearning of a people to challenge their intuition and their struggle to determine who governs them and how they should be governed.

“I gave to the PPA and that struggle the better part of my political life and the time has come for me to say thank you for the opportunity to have served a worthy cause, and to have been your flag bearer as candidate for the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I must move on now and as Tennyson reminds us, “Though much has been taken, much still abides and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.

“And so, today, I officially resign my membership.
Thank you and may God continue to guide the affairs of the PPA under your reign as national chairman.’’

PPA which was founded by Kalu in 2006, produced Chief T. A Orji and Chief Ikedi Ohakim as governors of Abia and Imo states respectively in the 2007 polls.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/ex-abia-governor-orji-uzor-kalu-resigns.html

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by zoba88: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2016
Politics eeh!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2016
Nigerians will always react

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by ChilledPill: 7:59am On Nov 16, 2016
He is going to join Apc very soon.

4 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2016
Buhari wants him in APC fast.....as exchange to stop his trials by efcc....!

2019 would be dirty......I tell ya....dirty fight...between ''we the people '' and the ''establishment of Buhari ''

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by Xflint(m): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2016
wow. Very interesting
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by Young03(m): 8:11am On Nov 16, 2016
good
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 16, 2016
Very shameless man. Your mates are positioning their new party in national level and you're dying yours.

Why even form it in first place when you know too well you'll be unable to steer it to National level.
Robbery has taken your focus. Unarmed robbery. Political corruption.

You and TA Orji will pay, with your lives or otherwise. Ediota's.

16 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by lonelydora: 9:27am On Nov 16, 2016
I was taught in Humanities back in school that

"Man is a selfish animal"

but the way Nigerian Politicians are, their selfishness is on a different level.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by ibkgab001: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2016
Today is for my brother from yeast
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2016
There's a saying 'A sailor always goes down with his ship when it's going to sink', this man knows his party is going extinct, it has no relevance in Nigeria as of now and hence.. This man deserves to be rejected by all parties he might want to join and all Nigerians..
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by TINALETC3(f): 9:28am On Nov 16, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by BrutalJab: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2016
ibkgab001:
Today is for my brother from yeast

Yea cos they are the ones that holds the key to the 2019 election.

Are you feeling intimidated? grin

T. Orji your Doom's day is near.

5 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by Peterpanny: 9:30am On Nov 16, 2016
Politics has always been a dirty game.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by Dongreat(m): 9:30am On Nov 16, 2016
Collectively we agree that politics and politicians are the bane of our society yet we pretentiously condemn Nigeria Politicians but still shamefully shower praises, and aspire to be like them (Looters) and even bigger than them for reasons still yet not known. From the comments on twitter you can see that Nigerians celebrate powerful people and political parties but not powerful legacies or the men behind it.
As for Mr Kalu, in Wakanda Accent "I don't care". It's (politicians and their parties) the only news we hear daily and for decades to come. After all the only natural resources w behave in this country is POLITICS.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by jeeqaa7(m): 9:32am On Nov 16, 2016
ok
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by steppin: 9:32am On Nov 16, 2016
He's probably moving to APC, the party of saints.

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by goshen26: 9:32am On Nov 16, 2016
Adultery every whr

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Wetin concern Nigerians sef
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by DLuciano: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Uzor Kalu you tried, how I wish it is Buhari that resigns from Aso Rock, the whole nation would have been in jubilation now undecided

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2016
See them hailing and cherishing politicians=/>thieves like he is paying them salaries to do so
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by sakalisis(m): 9:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Lmao

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by goshen26: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2016
steppin:
He's probably moving to APC, the party of saints.

Hope he know that BROOM is no longer.#50

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by ibkgab001: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2016
2019?

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by VictorRomanov: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigerians will always react

hehehehe.....that's the only thing they know how to do: react! grin
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money by uairaland: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2016
life is like a chess game. make ur next move better than the last one.

this looks like a move to bigger things.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Godknows Igali Reacts To Inclusion Of Name In Looters’ List / House Of Reps To Sue Akpabio Over NDDC Contract Allegation / Afenifere, South-West Governors Disagree Over EndSARS Fallout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.