Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,101 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:17 PM

You Have No Power To Stop Trial Of Arrested Judges, Buhari Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have No Power To Stop Trial Of Arrested Judges, Buhari Tells Court (772 Views)

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate / Arrested Judges: Court Summons Buhari, DSS / Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have No Power To Stop Trial Of Arrested Judges, Buhari Tells Court by SeyiSpeaks: 9:49am On Nov 16, 2016
Nigeria's president Muhammadu Buhari has challenged the powers of the Federal High Court in Abuja to stop the prosecution of judges accused of engaging in acts of corruption. Buhari maintained that the high court was bereft of the jurisdiction to entertain a suit filed by a Lagos-based lawyer, Mr. Olukoya Ogungbeje, with a view to stopping the Federal Government from arraigning seven judges arrested after a “sting operation” the Department of State Services, DSS, conducted between October 7 and 8.

It will be recalled that trial Justice Gabriel Kolawole, had on October 28, summoned President Buhari and the Director-General of the DSS, Mr. Lawal Daura, to appear in court and show cause why the embattled judges should be tried. Others equally ordered to appear before the court were the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, and the National Judicial Council, NJC. They were all cited as Respondents in the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/809/16.

Based on TopNaija.ng findings, The plaintiff had specifically applied for an order of perpetual injunction restraining the Respondents from arresting, inviting, intimidating, or harassing any of the judges whose homes were raided by the DSS. President Muhammadu Buhari presides over October 12 ,2016 Federal Executive Council meeting. He contended that the arrest and detention of the judges without recourse to the NJC, was not only unconstitutional, but also aimed at ridiculing the judiciary arm of government. According to him...

Read More at www.topnaija.ng/you-have-no-power-to-stop-trial-of-arrested-judges-buhari-tells-court/

Re: You Have No Power To Stop Trial Of Arrested Judges, Buhari Tells Court by talktonase(m): 10:10am On Nov 16, 2016
Bubu is fighting to many battles in to many fronts...i hope your waterloo is not near.
Re: You Have No Power To Stop Trial Of Arrested Judges, Buhari Tells Court by Dreal11247: 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
I have observed that for things to be alright, someone has to be cheated on. That is why justice may not always be just.
Re: You Have No Power To Stop Trial Of Arrested Judges, Buhari Tells Court by dEastActivist: 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
Let the man create more and more enemies for himself...

By 2019 he will find out that it is only Zahra buhari that is still standing by him. cheesy
Re: You Have No Power To Stop Trial Of Arrested Judges, Buhari Tells Court by sarrki(m): 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
Baba you have spoken well

(1) (Reply)

We Serving God, Yet Sufferness Deepens In Nigeria - Pastor Revelation / Don’t Give Guns To FRSC, Group Tells Buhari, Senate / Dear Mr. President: I Must Speak Up Lest I Choke In Silence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.