Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,605 members, 7,975,361 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:41 PM

My 3hrs Conversation With Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison- Fani-kayode. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My 3hrs Conversation With Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison- Fani-kayode. (448 Views)

Biafra: Dialogue With Nnamdi Kanu, Others – Assemblies Of God / Biafra: What We Discussed With Nnamdi Kanu – South-east Governors [VIDEO] / Femi Fani-Kayode's Childhood Photo With His Siblings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 3hrs Conversation With Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison- Fani-kayode. by uneeking(m): 5:11am On Nov 17, 2016
Permit me to begin this contribution with an apology for my disappearance from the literary and political scene for the last one month but this was due to circumstances beyond my control.
On October 21st, five days after my 56th birthday, I was arrested by the EFCC without an arrest warrant at the premises of the Federal High Court in Lagos where I had been earlier granted bail.
Thereafter I was illegally detained by them without any detention order for 21 days. Kindly note that this was after I had been detained by them for a grueling 67 days 6 months ago (from 9th of May till July 15th), brought before the Federal High Court in Lagos, arraigned on spurious and politically-motivated charges and locked up in Ikoyi prison for a number of days whilst I attempted to perfect my court bail.
After perfecting bail, on 21st October I was re-arrested and the whole nightmare began again: only this time it was far more insidious and worse. Throughout the time of the second detention I was kept in a dingy underground cell at the EFCC headquarters in Abuja where I met a number of other high profile opposition figures like Senator Bala Mohammed, the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, the former Minister of State for Defence and Mr. Reuben Abati, the former spokesman to President Goodluck Jonathan.
During the course of my 21 days incarceration, my abductors did not ask me any questions or say one word to me other than to formally serve me with a new set of fresh criminal charges the morning after I got there which I simply signed for. After that I heard nothing from them and I was told nothing though I had daily visits to the medical clinic at the EFCC due to my deteriorating health.
Three weeks later, on November 10th, I was brought before the Federal High Court in Abuja and arraigned on yet another set of spurious, baseless and politically-motivated charges. These ones were even more ridiculous and far-fetched than the first set in Lagos. I was falsely accused of receiving N26 million cash from the former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki, for media work for the Jonathan administration in 2014.
Thankfully, I was granted bail by the court and I was detained at Kuje prison for a further four days whilst I attempted to perfect my bail. At Kuje I was kept in the terrorist wing of the prison which was built by the British government specifically for Boko Haram convicts and suspects. There were 47 of them in the facility and I was with them throughout. These were tough, disciplined, hardened, surprisingly well-educated and intimidating men.

Read the rest of the post @ http://uneekomunikations.com/wp/my-3hrs-conversation-with-nnamdi-kanu-in-kuje-prison-fani-kayode/

Re: My 3hrs Conversation With Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison- Fani-kayode. by swaggzDawg: 5:19am On Nov 17, 2016
This man get craze for head
Re: My 3hrs Conversation With Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison- Fani-kayode. by yarimo(m): 5:36am On Nov 17, 2016
Please DSS remember that FFK once said he no the people that cause BELLVEIW air line and SOSOLISO air line, please do something about that abeg grin
Re: My 3hrs Conversation With Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison- Fani-kayode. by thesicilian: 6:27am On Nov 17, 2016
Just watching the whole show as an independent observer.
Re: My 3hrs Conversation With Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison- Fani-kayode. by omokab: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2016
As you are loved by boko haram terrorist and other inmates why can't you remain there. I rushed to read this episode because of conversation he said he had with nnamdi kanu but he said nothing about it. About how he ate our yam nothing he mentioned.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Like To Change Your Nairaland User Name / ABEG OOO!!! Buhari Begs Militants To Stop Destroying Oil Pipelines / I'm No More An Aye Member... Please "Seun'' Change My Username To Boobzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.