Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,316 members, 7,950,609 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 05:44 PM

How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice (694 Views)

I Want To Learn Web Design And Development , But Am A Novice / Get A Stunning Website From Us And Receive Money In Naira, US Dollars And Pounds / How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by samhuawei: 12:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
PLEASE ANY IMPUTE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by Afam4eva(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
To create a website from scratch as a novice (someone who has no idea) is to learn how to create a website. There's no magic to it. Go and let web design.
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
Okay, I think what you mean is: "how do I create a website from scratch as a newbie in web development?"
If that's what you mean, then get a computer and begin to learn how to code your site. You'll never know unless you try. And remember, you'll save yourself some rejection if you don't launch your "newbie" site to the public.
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by samhuawei: 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
I Have an idea and i think it would be big. Although it will take time to mature thats why i want to build a website and design it to my Taste. please your impute guys.
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by funloaded: 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
Pal, you need serious dedication if I want to create a website from scratch.... Learn everyday, its been 3 years since I started web design and I haven't known it all but I thank God I have a functional website www.funloaded.xyz cheers!!
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by samhuawei: 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nobody wants to help...
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
Can't tell for sure the type of "help" you need. No one can give you ideas based on assumptions. What type of website do you want to build
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by Dermie: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
samhuawei:
Nobody wants to help...

That's funny. This is how you create a website from scratch.

Learn Html, Html5, css3.

Download Sublime text or Notepad++, or get Adobe Dreamweaver

Start practicing what you learnt.

Learn & practice Javascript

Learn & practice PHP or ASP.NET

Learn & practice Bootstrap

Keep learning!!! It never stops.

Good luck.
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by arterxerxes: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
I was like you. I was not comfortable with just wordpress. So I started learning Web development.
I t took me two years to leanr: PHP, HTML, CSS and MySQL.
After learning them, I created a website which was not great but gave me the exposure on how things work online in real life.
This made me to know I was still deficient in Server commands such as APACHE. Which you have to learn too.
I spend about 3 months again learning Apache and Mod_rewrite to make my Urls clean.
I then had to learn how to use FTP protocols and also how to build SEO pages.
It took me 3 years in all to have a functional website which I have not finished, I am still on it, not because I do not know how to code but because of time.
All in all, these are the things you need in order to build a website from scratch. But it is not easy to be frank with you.
When I started, there was no day I don't code for a minimum of 6 hours and use the remaining time to read further on where I am having challenges.
I did it all by myself. The time depends on how you much time you take everyday to read and code. But in general, no matter how sharp you are, if you are going to learn by yourself and if you practice every day, taking 6 hours of coding and 4 hours of reading Programming books; then it will take you about 1 year to learn the languages I mentioned above. It will take you another year to Create something lovely and not ugly.
Meanwhile this is mysite that I created from scratch: http://www.jotscroll.com/ and when I finish schooling by next year, visit it again by then and see the great changes.
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by roaringlamb01(m): 9:22am On Nov 20, 2016
samhuawei:
PLEASE ANY IMPUTE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

Any IMPUTE
Re: How Can I Create A Website From Scratch As A Novice by dgbanj: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2016
You can watch video tutorials on youtube or download web development courses on torrent websites. I can also burn my web development video courses in a CD and send to you for a fee.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Blog And Give Your Suggestions Or Contribution / SEO Experts, Blog Guru, Adsense Guru Needed Urgently For Blog / Mark Zuckerberg Launches New App 2 Help Find & Contact Ur Elected Representative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.