Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,855 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:12 AM

United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country (2535 Views)

World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls / The World's Most Powerful Passports. / List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by inspiredm(m): 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2007
Recent surveys has shown that the United States is the world's most unfriendly country, as respect to the statistics shown in Nigeria, The Statistics revealed that One out of every Hundred applicants for Visas are granted and the situation does not apply to the West african country but for virtually every country that is not part of the visa free nationales.
Applicants documents/intenetions are not verified, and visa are being refused discriminately.
The US has engaged in several anti racism campaigns, but i dont think the foreign officials which are directly working on behalf of the Secretary of State is practising what the US preaches
nairalanders what are your opinions.
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by LoverBwoy(m): 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2007
Well Nigerians have to say it to their face in the office in Lagos/Abuja they are being treated like gods and are actualling acting like god too maybe some petrol bombs will get the message across grin
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by promise72(m): 10:31am On Jan 13, 2007
where do you get your info from?

why you expect them to open door to plenty of people and this place go be f!!d up like UK. Dont forget, they are getting all applications worldwide. not only nigeria.

For some reasons, Nigerians always think they are better than the rest of the world. We hate to follow rule. Thats how the country get to where it is.
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by Thor(m): 10:35am On Jan 13, 2007
Nobody has the automatic right to go and live in the US or the UK. If you are rejected then too bad. You will get over it.

It is a pity and quite funny that you brand a Country friendly or unfriendly based on a successfull or unsuccessful trip to the visa office :-)

Do not be angry with those Countries. Save you anger and hate for the Country you are from. If it is that bad that you feel the need to leave then do somethin about the cause!

The US and the UK can not take everybody!
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by Gamine(f): 11:46am On Jan 13, 2007
undecided
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by English1(f): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2007
I would also find it virtually impossible to go and live and work in the US.

It has nothing to do with racism - it's anyone from anywhere.
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by Busta(f): 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2007
they ain't really unfriendly, morelike everyone mind their own business unlike nigeria.

When an African gets to America, u are on ur own not even ur fellow africans get ur time.

the earlier to understand that notion, the better for u!
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by inspiredm(m): 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2007
When i posted this topic, i think i was not explicit enough, the surveys and conclusions were not made by me either, and the conclusions did not depict that Americans are unfriendly, but that the ways The US embassies in other countries traat other nationales are irrational ( Not only in Nigeria ) Recently a newspaper publication in Nigeria published the story of a 75 years old Pastor who was invited for a 2 day Seminar in chicago by the students he taught in school, but was refused a Visit visa, Also numerous cases of students in the UK who were indiscriminatley refused US visas.
Please lets face the issue, cos it doesnt only affect Nigeria, it does for even countries with better economy.
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by selencious(f): 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
Y'all stay in Nigeria and make good of it. What Y'all want in the U.S anyways?
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by suxes2005(m): 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2010
not d real country but d embassies
d staffs are fckin crazy!

SHALOM
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2010
suxes2005:

not d real country but d embassies
d staffs are fckin crazy!

SHALOM
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin- from experience bar? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by suxes2005(m): 1:18am On Jan 21, 2010
femilangy,

yep from experience bar,
those staffs are fcku*** crazy men.

At times dey just deny without any interview

SHALOM
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by dancewith: 6:36am On Jan 21, 2010
Its dangerous to talk about petrol bombing a country just because they refuse people visa. That's stupidity and terrorism. you had better watch your emotions before you wreck yourself. They ve got every right to issue or reject any applicant whether or not the applicant is qualified. Even some nationals of the visa free countries are deported at the point of entry/borders. I have seen this happen. Its their right. do you really think Nigeria issues visas to all applicants trying to visit Nigeria? They dont. Its the same with all countries. Just get on with it if u fail with your visa application. its not the end of the world
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by AjanleKoko: 6:51am On Jan 21, 2010
The statistics is not correct.
The USIS says about 70,000 visa applications are received in Nigeria every year, and about 50,000 are granted.
That's not too bad I think.
You have to also look at what is written in the visa guidance - the US believes by default that every visa applicant is planning to remain in the United States. That makes your visa application all about proving the contrary.
Let me say this, however - visa interviews are not meant to satisfy the applicant, but the interviewer. So I wonder about the term 'friendliness'. I would say, if you are refused a visa, you probably did something wrong in your application, or didn't provide enough proof to satisfy them.
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 21, 2010
how much is the visa fee nowadays I wonder

70,000 times that is a lot of income in fees
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by tobidaflava(m): 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2010
I beg who knows wheather the results for last year 2009 are out?
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by suxes2005(m): 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
it should be out this July I guess,

try check www.dvlottery.state.gov and u'll
see some infos there

SHALOM
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by tobidaflava(m): 1:40am On Jan 22, 2010
@suxes, thank you so much.
Re: United States : The World's Most Unfriendly Country by suxes2005(m): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2010
tobidaflava:

@suxes, thank you so much.

You are wellcome!

SHALOM

(1) (Reply)

Senegal Embassy Site Plsssssss / Get You Turkey Visa In Three Weeeks / David Cameron Resigns, Boris To Be Next PM??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.