Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,311 members, 7,943,748 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:01 AM

My Idea - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Idea (920 Views)

Encylopedic List Of Blog Niche And Topic Idea List / Anyone With An Idea Of How I Can Get Email Address Database In Nigeria?? / Any Idea About The Cms Application Www.234next.com Or Www.businessdayonline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Idea by proproman(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
pls, if you've not thought of this, don't steal the idea. This is my idea. I've noticed that most web developers and designers on nairaland don't have any real "haven" so to speak. I think it's better everyone has a place were people seeking web designers and developers can meet them, assess their skills and all that, the designers/developers have an online resume (sorta), like a freelancing site for Nigerian Developers/Designers. I'm thinking of creating a site like that. I'm seeking the opinion of y'all so i can know whether to start or if such a site is already in existence.

NB: I mean a full freelancing site, not a forum like this one.

What d'yall think?
Re: My Idea by mavenbox: 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2009
Great idea. I have thought of this before, the only bit I didnt include was the "online resume" thing. I thought more along the lines of having a site like guru.com where the employer (whoever needs a job done) can choose among the various programmers based on their recommendation/past jobs and their cost.

I will be interested in contributing ideas if you want to take off with the project.

P.S> When I wanted to do this earlier in the year, I searched, and I didnt find any such NIGERIAN site. But maybe one was developed yesterday?
Re: My Idea by lincolnpix(m): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hey Proprioman!

I'm going to steal your idea wink
Re: My Idea by proproman(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hey Proprioman!

I'm going to steal your idea Wink

Don't even consider it! angry angry angry grin grin grin
Re: My Idea by mavenbox: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2009
@OP: Never be afraid of having your idea stolen. The better product/service will always win, no matter if the idea is common to both products/services. This, i think, works in the enterprise / digital age. e.g. even after launching your site, who says someone else will not copy the idea and try to release something much better?
Re: My Idea by yawatide(f): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2009
There are over 6billion ppl on this planet. That means that there is a potential of 5.99billion ppl thinking the same thing you are thinking. Also, have you googled recently for this? I bet there are tons of such sites out there already.

Maybe you need to steal from them tongue
Re: My Idea by mavenbox: 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2009
^^^^ grin grin Said what I was too nice to say. Afterall, you're the moderator, you can't get banned,
Re: My Idea by proproman(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2009
@Mavenbox,
@OP: Never be afraid of having your idea stolen. The better product/service will always win, no matter if the idea is common to both products/services. This, i think, works in the enterprise / digital age. e.g. even after launching your site, who says someone else will not copy the idea and try to release something much better?

Thanks for the words. One has to be careful however. It's somewhat discouraging to be beaten to actualizing my idea.
Re: My Idea by proproman(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
@yawa-ti-de,Of course someone else could have thought of it but since i don't know any such person, I can as well assume i'm being original (afterall, i did not get the idea from anyone). I'm just trying to address what I feel is a need. I have googled it and it came up with no direct nigerian freelancing sites so i can assume at this time that there is none. But you did not actually reply my question: What do you think of my idea?
Re: My Idea by yawatide(f): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2009
Poster:

1) It's a good idea. Even if there are 100 out there, making yours unique will be even better

2) Just because google didn't turn up anything doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
a) Did you look at every single search result?
b) Could it be that the "webmasters" of such sites suck at SEO?
c) With over 100million websites out there, I would be careful about your assumption.
c.i) Given #b above, maybe this is an area you can improve upon wink

3) Just because you don't know such a person doesn't mean they don't exist. You just don't know them, that's all.

mavenbox:
1) I can't say anything o. I myself can be, and have been, banned tongue
2) If you had said what I said, banning you would have been a crime. Nothing wrong with what I said. I guess I, as you said, am used to saying what others have in mind but for whatever reason, aren't comfortable (or maybe downright scared) saying it, the fact that this is a (faceless) forum notwithstanding cool
Re: My Idea by kolitos007: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2009
proproman:

@yawa-ti-de,Of course someone else could have thought of it but since i don't know any such person, I can as well assume i'm being original (afterall, i did not get the idea from anyone). I'm just trying to address what I feel is a need. I have googled it and it came up with no direct nigerian freelancing sites so i can assume at this time that there is none. But you did not actually reply my question: What do you think of my idea?

Am afraid there a loads, go to google and type in freelancers, you will see many, I have been using this for over 7yrs ago, so its not new, its really easy to do and I don't know if it will get you many or loads of money.

People around the world use it, so you can get contract work from people all around visit freelancers dot net you will see for yourself. You an add your portfolio, the thing is its not unique and you can't stop any one else from doing it, all you can do is makes your stand out.
Re: My Idea by proproman(m): 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2009
@koolitos, am not talking freelancing site generally. i'm talking about a NIGERIAN freelancing site. I've gone thrrough almost twenty pages of google search result sites and i've not found any. I know there are lots of freelancing sites but ive not seen any specifically for Nigerians. That's what my idea is about, a NIGERIAN FREELANCING SITE.

@yawa-ti-de,
a) Of course not, how can I check every single result? I'd be married with kids before i finish (and i'm nowhere near ready for marriage now)

b)true, they could suck at SEO. Their loss, my gain.

c)over 100 million websites, not up to a quarter of a quarter of that number is made of quality sites not to talk of freelancing sites. Most people design free websites with webstarts, webnode, jimdo and suchlike and abandon such sites as soon as they are created. They make up a bulk of that number so i don't think I have much to be worried about.

@koolitos, pls tell me what you think of the idea, at least,
Re: My Idea by kolitos007: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2009
@proproman

To be honest, there is not much prospect in it as I fail to see how you will profit from this, unless you are doing it for free for every one to use. Another thing is getting people to know about it, I suppose that is the most important of it, but to be honest, I have never ever once thought of looking for a freelancing website for Nigerians, I just won't think of doing that.

Well that's what am thinking, but others may think other wise.
Re: My Idea by Onos55: 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2009
Looks like there's one already:

http://www.naijascripts.com
Re: My Idea by proproman(m): 12:14am On Nov 05, 2009
@koolitos, thaks for your opinion. Am not looking at it finance wise, however. I just want to address what i think is a need. I'm not really looking to make a profit from it.

@Onos55, that site is rather empty, it did not come up in any search results. Was it created recently? Thanks for letting me know there's such a site in existence, however. Really appreciate it.
Re: My Idea by kolitos007: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2009
proproman:

@koolitos, thaks for your opinion. Am not looking at it finance wise, however. I just want to address what i think is a need. I'm not really looking to make a profit from it.

@Onos55, that site is rather empty, it did not come up in any search results. Was it created recently? Thanks for letting me know there's such a site in existence, however. Really appreciate it.

Ok good luck with it, let us know when you do it, however, you can't stop anyone else from doing it you know, I am gonna do research, and find if there is any already on the internet for Nigeria and letyou know.
Re: My Idea by DualCore1: 9:42am On Nov 09, 2009
OMG!!! Omni, Afam and Powerblaze will attest to the fact that i thought about this idea before this dude angry angry angry

heh heh heh, nice idea really. enough thinking. time to code it.
actually i've gotten a full web app that has all these features, thinking of buying the license.
Re: My Idea by kolitos007: 9:55am On Nov 09, 2009
Dual Core:

OMG!!! Omni, Afam and Powerblaze will attest to the fact that i thought about this idea before this dude angry angry angry

heh heh heh, nice idea really. enough thinking. time to code it.
actually i've gotten a full web app that has all these features, thinking of buying the license.
Go on then Dual Core, quick quick lol, I don't know why oh why you will come and a development forum, to talk about your idea, you know you are just asking for it lol.
Re: My Idea by DualCore1: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2009
i didnt talk about my idea on this or any other forum. i talk with the above mentioned dudes one on one, and we set up conferences for talks outside this forum.
Re: My Idea by owner(m): 11:34pm On Nov 09, 2009
There is One already @ http://webmastersofafrica.com U beta join

(1) (Reply)

Prepaid Creditcard Issue / How Can I Open A Costumise Email / Download The Best Cafe Timer (enterprise Edition) Made In Nigeria For Free!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.