Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,251 members, 7,880,933 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:32 AM

DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid (23078 Views)

Breaking: DSS Arrests Ifeanyi Ubah Over N11b Oil Theft / Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market / DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by iukpe: 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2016
There is no country where dialogue is a way of approaching persons who are breaking the law even if it as a means of making a living. Too many wrong things have gone on for too long that we see the right in it. We need to have a system where businesses and their operators are regulated by authority.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by naijaking1: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
IVORY2009:
^^^
Mallam Sikiru, hope u were no affected? shocked
lolzz will this force the dollar to be @ par with the already weak naira? Something is not right here, monetary policies should be put in place, instead of force force force.

Another military price control charade. When common sense fails Buhari will resort to force.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by iukpe: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
Juban:
Something is seriously wrong. Instead of the government putting structures that will straighten the Naira. Assembling economic team that will micro-manage the economy. They are now arresting innocent people that are hustling for their daily need. How did we end up like this?

I think the "innocent people" are rather tools of the FX lords who grab as much foreign currency as they can, make it scarce and sell at a high rate in the street.
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by naijaking1: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
maasoap:

How is that the fault of the FG? Please, educate me on this. Saboteurs are everywhere and every corner of this country and that's why DSS is putting them in order. No sense of patriotism, no compassion at all. Everyone is after killer profits.

There's a nice text book on economics 101. Go and get you some education on how things work. We know Buhari has no WEAC, but his followers who know better would suffer most.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by saintmark88(m): 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
iukpe:
There is no country where dialogue is a way of approaching persons who are breaking the law even if it as a means of making a living. Too many wrong things have gone on for too long that we see the right in it. We need to have a system where businesses and their operators are regulated by authority.

Wen I read comments like this I am encouraged Tht there r still right thinking people in this country, pple like u kip my hope n dz country alive

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by NairaMaster1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
BDC can never get dollars without executive connection. Pls fetch out the cabal

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by saintmark88(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
naijaking1:

There's a nice text book on economics 101. Go and get you some education on how things work. We know Buhari has no WEAC, but his followers who know better would suffer most.

Shey u have read d economics 101 and u prolly had A1 in economics in ur WAEC. Can u please proffer a solution to d forex crises on this platform
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by jjman2322: 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
Bunch of idiots everywhere here..

You can't use force to regulate supply and demand.. How many of you did economics in college?

If there was ENOUGH dollar officially through CBN, then manufacturers and traders wouldn't need to buy black market.. Guess what happens then?

YES! You guessed right, dollar would drop a lot..

Its simple economics.. What they are doing now will make dollar 500+ by december...

Most of these mallams bought these dollars from people at 440, and now you want them to sell at 395?

Let's put it this way. Imagine if you're selling rice in Nigeria.. You import at N20,000 and sell at N25,000. All of a sudden Buhari & his people come and tell you that since rice is scarce, it must be sold at N15,000. What will happen?

Well if you're smart you will say you have no stock at all, meanwhile you secretly sell to people you know and trust at N25,000 or higher since the supply is even further reduced.

This analogy is exactly what's happening now.

Before raid: DOLLAR N450
After raid: DOLLAR 465+

http://abokifx.com/

This country is so stupid its not even funny.. SMH

There is a direct relationship between Supply and Prices. Whatever is easily abundant and in over supply will be cheap. Whatever is scarce will be expensive.

It even works for nija babes.. The uglier ones are all over the place so you can get them for cheap. The fine mami water ones are scarce so you need to spend more to get them smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by lazinny(m): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
FSBoperator:
Wetin concern DSS with US dollar?
I won't be surprised if there's a connection.The same way I was surprised to know that US SECRET SERVICE( yes , the president's security) is in charge of cracking down fake dollar circulation.
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by seenter84: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
Dss = above the law
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by myvic70(m): 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
[quote author=Keneking post=51148155]Emefiele's banks are to be held responsible for this action...

They buy at N305 sell at N445-N460
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by Emassive(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2016
Central Secret service Bank Of Nigeria....
Forex control
Laundered funds
Loots break ins and retrievals
Etc...

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by AfroBlue(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by AreaFada2: 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
PapaBrowne:
They probably voted change so they should take it in good faith.

Ntor!
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
ehie:
170 million of us are in trouble if our monetary policy is DSS monitoring BDCs.
If our senate weren't so engrossed in petty petty nonsense they will realise the fate of over a million people depend on them

I love your siggy, it's deep...

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by dominion001(m): 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
Operation 1 naira =1 dollar

By force.
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by saddabm(m): 12:33am On Nov 19, 2016
It's not the matter of stabilizing the dollar, its the matter of money laundering I think, there's no where stared in the article that the crack down was to stabilize FX people just jump to conclusions without knowing the real deal.
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by megama: 1:34am On Nov 19, 2016
philchudi:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/dss-arrest-40-kano-bureau-de-change-raid/
good let greed stop killing us. Let them go to the approved margin
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by doctormach: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2016
How many BDC operators don wan arrest
Re: DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid by ReubenE(m): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
MrDavidson:

Bros, I'm just wondering why you think you must comment on every single thread. At least, there are some you should just come to read others' comments on - to increase knowledge. Sir, this is not how to be popular. Likes and shares can't pay bills, you know.
just my thought.
The guy is one hell of a dude. Moving from one thread to another, and in some cases, with warp reasoning....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FOREX: CBN Introduces New Rules, Naira Closes At 367/$ / FG Stops Export Of Cooking Gas To Reduce Price / A Wise Strategy For Betonmarket Traders..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.