Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,192 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:15 PM

Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" (37070 Views)

Mistakes Public Universities Students Make / Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money / Atiku My Father Jailed For Not Sending Me To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by Nobody: 2:38am On Nov 20, 2016
Spoken like a true member of our brain-dead, parasitic ruling class. That man right there is a major part of the Nigerian problem

1 Like

Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by jojothaiv(m): 8:34am On Nov 20, 2016
The earlier we stop seeing English as a measure of intelligence, the better...

I can categorically bet it with my left ball that AUN students too are not left out of this hasty conclusion!

If you're pissed i'm not an Englishman too..
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by tk4rd: 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
jtjohn:
Words are cheap that's why people use them with considering the consequences.
I think the man had made a very serious mistake by making such a fallacious generalisation and unambitious comparison
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by SIRJENTLE: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mr FORMER Atiku should understand that the school fees his students are paying is for teaching how to speak English.to tell you that speaking English is baseless,
during WAEC you write exam on ORAL ENGLISH and not speaking the exam.
also,people that invented most of the things we are using never wrote in English but with their native language like; Chinese,Latin,German, Spanish etc.
their works only came to us in translated form(English).
so you collect high money for school fees only to teach them how to speak English but not how to invent.
so they still match those in public schools(the people you make fun of).
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
There you go again, a politician equating the fluency in foreign language with intelligence. This for me is the height of stupidity. As some you might know English is the language of science, meaning if you want to publish your scientific findings, 99 % of the time journals accept manuscripts written in English. Also, in scientific conferences, English is the acceptable language. However, what I've learnt over time is that my biggest scietific influencers are not really proficient in the language, but their reasoning ability is second to none.
Point is English is nice language to be proficient in, given that its the bedrock on which globalization is hinged on, but to say the deficiency in English speaking ability equals deficiency in intelligence is not only laughable but stupid and anti-panafrican. Africans shouldn't be shamed for having a better grasp of their language over English.

Take Americans for instance, they're the greatest bullshitters when it comes to science. When they present their work at first you'll think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but on careful examination, it's just the same old technology repackaged with sublety. Besides, a country that elects a conman because they're mad at the establishments doesn't rank well on the intelligence scale in my book.

To make matters worse, Atiku and his ilks in politics presided over our educational sectors a la the public schools since independence, that students and graduates of public schools are underachieving is an indictment on these so called politicians. I'm pretty sure he meant for this to be a political statement with 2019 in mind, but I see this as a rallying cry for all to see Atiku for who he really is.
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by nabzguy: 10:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
sava2:
May be in the east where goodluck Jonathan comes from.

It shows.

They cheat in exam in the east. That why they score high marks.

They too many as minister in Buhari govt that why they are not doing well
Attention seeker
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by nabzguy: 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
trademoore1:

Quickly change it to prize, before the spelling police come along
Dont mind that Balogun market miscreant
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by aminu150(m): 10:18am On Nov 21, 2016
majekdom2:
apparently, your likes are the ones he is referring to... are northern universities not a part of Nigerian Universities?? So far he mentioned Nigerian universities, Northern universities are inclusive. Gain understanding!
U just proved Atiku to be 50% right by making comparison with Northern Universities. For your information public universities comprise of all universities in Nigeria. So no need for segregation.
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by babajeje123(m): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2016
EreluY:
[size=16pt]I carefully read what Atiku reportedly said. Whilst I neither love nor loathe him, I totally agree with everything he reportedly said. Most Nigerian university graduates are certificated but uneducated. To cite an example, the other day, the HOD of English at Uni Ilorin, one Dr Idiagbon, responded in a video recording to allegations of sexual misconduct. It's hard to believe that guy was HOD English. Besides, many Nigerian university graduates lack critical thinking and logical reasoning. I've written here in the past about shoddy publications of Nigerian university lecturers and professors - the quality is simply abysmal.[/size]
My brother, most Nigerian Universities lecturers are bunch of quacks. They know nothing than intimidating students and running after holes in skirts.
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by netpro(m): 1:14am On Dec 27, 2018
Atiku is so toxic that we don't want him.
Re: Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" by netpro(m): 1:16am On Dec 27, 2018
babajeje123:
Atiku, Posterity will not forget and forgive you for what you said. You were one of those who brought the quality of education in Nigeria to a state of comatose. What was your contribution to the growth of education when you were in power? Nothing! Useless old man

Gbam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje Suspends Salihu Yakasai For Criticising Buhari Over #EndSARS / Governor Soludo's Declaration Ending Sit-At-Home In Anambra / British Consul Meets Nnamdi Kanu In DSS Custody, Discusses Health, Other Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.