Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,022 members, 7,931,517 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:38 AM

Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick (614 Views)

SHOCKING: Fulani Herdsmen And Their Sponsors Finally Revealed. / Obiano Recommends Death Sentence For Fake Drug Peddlers, Says It's Evil / Itsekiri Urge FG To Deal With Militants And Their Sponsors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick by sweerychick(f): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
It's no longer news that many young Nigerians have lost their lives due to drug related offences especially in Asian countries, the recent being one Mr obioha who was executed in singapore yesterday after being found guilty of drug trafficking and related offenses. his Death didn't come as a surprise because many have suffered a similar fate as there are thousands of Nigerians facing similar charges in those countries and many on death row. Mixed reactions trail over the social media network when such news hit the internet, especially here on nairaland forum. We see alot of comments from different perspectives, some are quick to condemn his country, while others are quick to condemn his ethnic group and so on, but the fact is no matter what human lives must be respected. Please don't get me wrong, I strongly respect the laws of these countries while strongly condemning the act of drug trafficking. It pains me that many choose to follow this ugly part all in the name of get rich quick syndrome exhibited by these people mostly in the southeastern part of Nigeria since all drug offences are linked to them according to the phantom name checkers association.
The million dollar question is why traffic illicit drugs to a country where drug trafficking is punishable by death? Is more like a suicide mission knowing fully well about the outcome.
Well here's what I observe, most of these drugs peddlers are just errand boys for the main drug barons, only few of them are aware of what the get themselves into. Majority of these drug pushers come from very poor background, they are ignorant of those countries and their laws, to them obodo oyibo is all about hopping into a plane and leaving their respective countries, some don't even know what a visa is. They are being lured by drug barons with the promise of huge fortune, their family members are not even aware of what they're going into because they feel that help is on the way for them due to the lies and deceit of these drug barons. It's similar to all those suicide bombers that are being brain washed by Islamic extremists. I remember sometime in 2009 a Nigerian teen was executed in Malaysia because he didn't know that he was carrying cocaine, according to him he was only trying to help a friend deliver a package to someone else in the country. Pathetic!!
[b]What can be done to curb this growing act?
[/b]It's impossible to stop drug trafficking due to the lust for wealth, in fact as I am typing this I am pretty sure that many young Nigerian men are preparing to travel to Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia etc to do this illicit business. It's heartbreaking but again what can you do, people choose to follow their path to them it's all about being smart. The thing is let our government agencies responsible for drug trafficking and related offenses step up their game. I know many officials have been compromised because they are well paid by the drug barons so they all put a blind eye to their job. Really pathetic! If they can go after those drug barons and create a tougher penalty for drug offenders I believe it will put drug trafficking in check. Secondly they should sensitize the public especially the less privileged about the dangers of drug trafficking. intending passengers also that want to visit other countries should learn about their laws so as not to get into trouble. Let them not accept anything from a stranger especially in the airport, always check your baggage and make sure it's secured in other to avoid it being tampered with. Airlines also should scrutinize all intending passengers, so to check drug traffickers.. Remember Nigeria is our country and our pride. Lets help make Nigeria a better place to be and a positive image to the world..

Cheers..
Sweerychick
Re: Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick by HtwoOw: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
It's all about choice
Re: Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick by AntiIPOOP(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
Igbos
Re: Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick by sweerychick(f): 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
AntiIPOOP:
Igbos
what happened to igbos?
Re: Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick by AntiIPOOP(m): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
sweerychick:
what happened to igbos?
99% of those executed abroad for selling drugs are Igbos.
Re: Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick by sweerychick(f): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

99% of those executed abroad for selling drugs are Igbos.
and that is why this madness of get rich quick must stop embarassed
Re: Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick by AntiIPOOP(m): 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
sweerychick:
and that is why this madness of get rich quick must stop embarassed
Those people no dey hear word na, it's in there blood.
Re: Between Drug Peddlers And Their Sponsors..... My Take By Sweery Chick by sweerychick(f): 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

Those people no dey hear word na, it's in there blood.
. Well not all igbos kiss

(1) (Reply)

Women's Groups Storm Akure To Show Support For Eyitayo Jegede (photos) / The Dead Great Men Of God / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Receives 2016 Global Fairness Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.