Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,851 members, 7,872,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:41 PM

See What Christians Are Facing In Iran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What Christians Are Facing In Iran (977 Views)

WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Prophecy: What Christians Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by blessedvisky(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
A Sharia court in Iran has sentenced three Christians; Yaser Mosibzadeh, Saheb Fadayee and Mohammed Reza Omidi, to 80 lashes of the cane each, after finding them guilty of blasphemy for drinking Holy Communion wine during communion service.
The trio converted from Islam to Christianity earlier this year and were said have consumed alcohol during a Holy Communion service which Iranian authorities said was against the principle of the Sharia Law.
The trio were later arrested at a house church gathering in Rasht, Iran, and charged to court by Iranian authorities for consuming alcohol.
Mosibzadeh, Fadayee and Omidi spent weeks in prison before finally being released on bail, but will now be subjected to the cruel punishment of being flogged in the public after being found guilty by Islamist judges.

Security agents also raided the home of their pastor Yousef Nadarkhani and his wife Fatemeh Pasandideh and arrested them at the same time, but they were not detained.

According to reports, it is not illegal for Christians to drink alcohol in Iran but under Islamic law, Muslims are forbidden from drinking or converting to Christianity because the Sharia Law sees it as illegal.

Cc lalasticlala seun

http://www.gq234.com/news-christians-sentenced-to-80-lashes-by-sharia-court-for-drinking-communion-wine/

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by CoolFreeday(m): 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
This shia people self! what concern a Christian with your sharia law?
Some people will be defending them here.

1 Like

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by ever811(m): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
Islams are just trouble makers, this useless set of people can never mind there own business.. always forcing there religion on others..

2 Likes

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by coolbreezy01: 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
What happens when you offend God
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by hopefulLandlord: 11:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
King Nebuchadnezzar set up a golden image in the plain of Dura (a word meaning simply "plain" ) and commanded that all his officials bow down before it. All who failed to do so would be thrown into a blazing furnace. Certain officials informed the king that the three Jewish youths Hanania, Mishael, and Azaria, who bore the Babylonian names Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and whom the king had appointed to high office in Babylon, were refusing to worship the golden statue. The three were brought before Nebuchadnezzar, where they informed the king that their God would be with them. Nebuchadnezzar commanded that they be thrown into the fiery furnace, heated seven times hotter than normal, but when the king looked he saw four figures, and not three, walking unharmed in the flames. Seeing this, Nebuchadnezzar brought the youths out of the flames and promoted them to even higher office, decreeing that any who spoke against their God should be torn limb from limb.

I'm pretty sure if something can save them from a burning furnace made 7 times hotter than normal, such a thing should still be able to save someone from the pain brought about by mere flogging

or has Yahweh stopped this type of business?

1 Like

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
Islam is insane. It seems Iran don't have right to religion or association in their constitution.
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by johnydon22(m): 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
coolbreezy01:

Really? God must be really peurile and has serious issues then...

2 Likes

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by blessedvisky(m): 11:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
King Nebuchadnezzar set up a golden image in the plain of Dura (a word meaning simply "plain" ) and commanded that all his officials bow down before it. All who failed to do so would be thrown into a blazing furnace. Certain officials informed the king that the three Jewish youths Hanania, Mishael, and Azaria, who bore the Babylonian names Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and whom the king had appointed to high office in Babylon, were refusing to worship the golden statue. The three were brought before Nebuchadnezzar, where they informed the king that their God would be with them. Nebuchadnezzar commanded that they be thrown into the fiery furnace, heated seven times hotter than normal, but when the king looked he saw four figures, and not three, walking unharmed in the flames. Seeing this, Nebuchadnezzar brought the youths out of the flames and promoted them to even higher office, decreeing that any who spoke against their God should be torn limb from limb.

I'm pretty sure if something can save them from a burning furnace made 7 times hotter than normal, such a thing should still be able to save someone from the pain brought about by mere flogging

Bro, you need to educate yourself more. I see you can quote some parts of the Bible already, however I will like you to step it up more.

Jesus and his apostles already told us that there will be persecutions against christians. So its sort of expected

[b] Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Matthew 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Luke 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
2 Corinthians 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.[/b]

hopefullandlord these are some verses that tell us about the persecutions we will face for His name's sake.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by blessedvisky(m): 11:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Are you implying that these men offended God by practicing a commandment of Christ??
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by blessedvisky(m): 11:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Such still happen, however, persecutions are to be expected. Look @ d miraculous deliverance of Peter from prison, then Paul and silas much later .

1 Like

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by GodIsFoolish: 2:52am On Nov 20, 2016
God can't save them
I pity them
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 20, 2016
I think say hopefullandlord don repent sef
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 20, 2016
GodIsFoolish:
God can't save them
I pity them
that ur moniker is quite an attraction... What do hv u achieve by saying 'God is foolish'.

The bible says 'the foolishness of God is greater than d wisdom of men'

And from what i can see, I am sure u are probably worse than foolish

5 Likes

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by GodIsFoolish: 3:20am On Nov 20, 2016
Smallville10:
that ur moniker is quite an attraction... What do hv u achieve by saying 'God is foolish'.

The bible says 'the foolishness of God is greater than d wisdom of men'

And from what i can see, I am sure u are probably worse than foolish

In this part of the world we don't take the Bible serious, so we don't care about what it says
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 20, 2016
GodIsFoolish:

In this part of the world we don't take the Bible serious, so we don't care about what it says
so why bother abt God's foolishness...

Go look for job abeg

4 Likes

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by optional1(f): 3:42am On Nov 20, 2016
Smallville10:

Go look for job abeg

Gbam

2 Likes

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by felixomor: 5:23am On Nov 20, 2016
Smallville10:

Go look for job abeg

As in eh.
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by Agimor(m): 6:02am On Nov 20, 2016
May the good God strengthen them..
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by skeendyke: 6:11am On Nov 20, 2016
It is not about God saving them from punishment or death if it comes to that. God rescued Peter and Paul from incarceration but did He save them from their cruel deaths? Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego said the God they served was able to save them from the flames but that if He did not they would not bow down to the image of the king.

God did not rescue the Apostles from the gruesome deaths they suffered with the exception of John so that he would write the book of Revelation. He did not rescue the early Christians from being burnt on the stake, freezing to death in the cold, from being torn to pieces by wild animals and from being beheaded for their faith in Him because if they persecuted and killed Christ they would do the same to His followers.

May God give these Iranians the strength not to depart from the faith as a result of the persecution they face.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by bennyann: 6:48am On Nov 20, 2016
skeendyke:
It is not about God saving them from punishment or death if it comes to that. God rescued Peter and Paul from incarceration but did He save them from their cruel deaths? Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego said the God they served was able to save them from the flames but that if He did not they would not bow down to the image of the king.

God did not rescue the Apostles from the gruesome deaths they suffered with the exception of John so that he would write the book of Revelation. He did not rescue the early Christians from being burnt on the stake, freezing to death in the cold, from being torn to pieces by wild animals and from being beheaded for their faith in Him because if they persecuted and killed Christ they would do the same to His followers.

May God give these Iranians the strength not to depart from the faith as a result of the persecution they face .

Amen!

1 Like

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by GeneralB: 7:06am On Nov 20, 2016
May God see them through
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by orunto27: 8:11am On Nov 20, 2016
And send Saksaky here to kill us.
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by hopefulLandlord: 8:56am On Nov 20, 2016
Smallville10:
I think say hopefullandlord don repent sef

me? grin the worst that can happen is me becoming a deist

most arguments by Christians on Nairaland favour the deist god more than any other
Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

As in eh.
i no understand some of these people actions at all

1 Like

Re: See What Christians Are Facing In Iran by blessedvisky(m): 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
skeendyke:
I

May God give these Iranians the strength not to depart from the faith as a result of the persecution they face.
Amen

(1) (Reply)

What Is Godly Sorrow? - Paul Ellis / Take Up Your Cross Daily ( Luke 9:23) - Paul Ellis / Signs That God Did Not Predestine Anyone To Go To Hell Or Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.