Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,164 members, 7,890,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

Tinubu, 3 South-west APC Govs Absent As Buhari Launches Party’s Campaign In Ondo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tinubu, 3 South-west APC Govs Absent As Buhari Launches Party’s Campaign In Ondo (602 Views)

What Is The Dumbest/craziest Thing You've Done Absent Minded? / Horrible! Two Kids Burnt To Death In Mysterious Fire Outbreak In Ondo State / Exclusive! Osun West APC Screening Committee Disqualifies Sen. Hussein For Not R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, 3 South-west APC Govs Absent As Buhari Launches Party’s Campaign In Ondo by uneeking(m): 6:25am On Nov 20, 2016
President says APC primary process transparent
PDP factions bicker over governorship election date
Candidates make last minute pitches

President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday led other leaders of his All Progressives Congress to the grand finale of the party’s governorship election campaign rally in Akure, the Ondo State capital, in a final effort to seek support for the APC candidate in the November 26 election in the state, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu SAN.

But at the event, which took place at the Democracy Park, the APC national leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and three of the party’s four governors in the South-west were conspicuous by their absence. The only South-west governor present was Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State. His counterparts in Oyo, Osun, and Lagos states, Abiola Ajimobi, Rauf Aregbesola, and Akinmunmi Ambode, respectively, did not attend the rally.

The reason for the conspicuous absences was, definitely, not unconnected with the outcome of the September 3 governorship primary of the APC, which did not go down well with Tinubu and his loyalists.
Meanwhile, at the rally Buhari spoke for the first time on the controversial primary election of his party in Ondo State, endorsing the winner of the contest, Akeredolu, and declaring the process through which he emerged as transparent.

However, as the candidates made final pitches to the electorate ahead of the governorship poll, the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led national caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party and the Senator Ali Modu Sheriff faction of the party yesterday disputed over whether or not the election should hold as scheduled. While the Makarfi group called on the Independent National Electoral Commission to postpone the election to allow for judicial determination of the party’s authentic candidate, the Sheriff group dismissed the call as “malicious, short-sighted, offensive, and irresponsible.”

The issue of the PDP governorship candidate in Ondo State is currently the subject of litigation at the high court, Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court. This followed INEC’s substitution of the Makarfi group’s nominee, Eyitayo Jegede, SAN, with the candidate of the Sheriff faction, Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim, in obedience to a court order.
At the APC rally in Akure, Buhari’s remarks, which were short but weighty, were preceded by solidarity messages by other party leaders and federal government functionaries.
On the Akeredolu candidature, the president said, “I am very proud of my party because it conducted a transparent primary. The candidate won the primary with respect and in a week’s time he will win the election as the governor of Ondo State. We are all here to show our support for Akeredolu.”
Earlier at a meeting with the governorship aspirants who had contested against Akeredolu and leaders of the party, the president commended the aspirants for their loyalty to the party and for supporting the party’s candidate. He said the unity of the party was crucial to the outcome of next Saturday’s election.

He told the aspirants, “I am very pleased that those of you who lost the primaries are still very much in the party. That you lose elections doesn’t mean you should walk away, you keep on trying. I went to the Supreme Court three times in my bid to become the president of Nigeria.
“I like your high spirit and your commitment to the party and I hope your constituencies are taking note of that.”

Buhari was accompanied to the meeting by Senate President Bukola Saraki, APC national chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, several APC governors, and ministers. He assured that the APC was determined and steadfast in its effort to transform the country’s ailing economy.

Continued @ http://uneekomunikations.com/wp/tinubu-3-south-west-apc-govs-absent-as-buhari-launches-partys-campaign-in-ondo/

Re: Tinubu, 3 South-west APC Govs Absent As Buhari Launches Party’s Campaign In Ondo by samtee37(m): 6:29am On Nov 20, 2016
Tinubu absence shouldn't be a surprise for us, because we knew that he is not in support of Akeredolu.
Re: Tinubu, 3 South-west APC Govs Absent As Buhari Launches Party’s Campaign In Ondo by Sunnymatey(m): 6:29am On Nov 20, 2016
Pls who is that vulture like structure am seing?
Re: Tinubu, 3 South-west APC Govs Absent As Buhari Launches Party’s Campaign In Ondo by faaz24: 6:42am On Nov 20, 2016
Buhari's comment is insensitive.

The result of the governorship election in ondo state will be a true reflection of what will actually happen to APC. If the Jagaban eventually pitch his tent with Oke of the AD and AD wins, it is byebye to APC in the SW but if APC wins it will affect Tinubu's grip on the SW.
I think the JAGABAN should just siddon look as events unfold.
PEACE !
Re: Tinubu, 3 South-west APC Govs Absent As Buhari Launches Party’s Campaign In Ondo by Collenshy2020(m): 7:02am On Nov 20, 2016
APC and deceitfulness is like.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Wisdom And Knowledge / . / Uniben Mourns As Three Lecturers Die In Road Accident.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.