Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,733 members, 7,938,289 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson (13834 Views)

Stephanie Idolor Is A Scam—man Who Visited Success’ Mom Narrates What Happened / What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? / Tanzanian Conjoined Twins Want To Become Teachers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Activityj(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Op my apologies, criticism is welcome in life always.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by VegetarainVamp(f): 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
*Would you like to start making N100,000 - N150.000 with just a start up capital of N500?!!!!*.
*Yeah you heard me..just N500!!!! Using your Mobile Phone.Do it part-time**

*If you are interested follow this link to join my whatsapp group for free seminars*.

https:///GIeyKvTOyNRDX8YPU9Wt6l
*This is not for skeptical and bike people this is purely network marketing*
Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Boldlyslim(f): 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
Can someone tell me y I can upload pix here or even view odas

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by braimeddy: 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
Why not send me the link?
splenzard:

guy even if you are dumb, you don't have to tell the world. Try google and not blogs
Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by mikool007(m): 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
deanoffaculty:
Wow!!! GIFTED HANDS and lucky twins.....
haha.....did read the post at all

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Vick4rill(m): 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
idris4r83:
it's obvious u are under the influence of alcohol and that's why u are contradicting yourself. U said they are not and now u say they are.
dont mind the fool

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 21, 2016
Just passing by.... ahem

Republican Presidential candidate, Ben Carson,came under media scrutiny last week over his longstanding claim that he had been offered a “full scholarship” to West Point, which turned out to have been a mere suggestion that he might qualify for one by persons whose names he could not remember.

Politico broke that storywhile other media outlets have challenged the accuracy of his portrayal of himself in books he has authored as prone to violence as a young man, including an attempt to stab a friend, followed by turning his life over to God and going on to become a world renown neurosurgeon.

The scenario of God’s redemption of Carson has greatly appealed to evangelical Christians who now form a large base of Carson’s supporters forhis White House bid.One highly significant area of Carson’s life that has not come under recent media scrutiny is the broad perception that Carson made history in 1987 by successfully separating Siamese twins, Patrick and Benjamin Binder, who were joined at the back of the head. Book promotion for Carson’s autobiography,Gifted Hands, released on May 24, 1990, described the outcome as follows:“In 1987, Dr. Benjamin Carson gained worldwide recognition for his part in the first successful separation of Siamese twins joined at the back ofthe head.”

As recently as November 3 of this year, Emily Cadei wrotea feature story for Newsweek characterizing the 1987 operation as successful. Writing in his book,The Big Picture: Getting Perspective on What’s Really Important in Life, Carson describes the Binder operation as a key driver of his fame: “That one operation more than any other event in my medical career, had catapulted me to new and surprising prominence in my profession. It had opened doors throughout the world medical community. It had led to professional and personal opportunities I had never dreamed possible and provided me a platform from which to address audiences I would never have been able to reach before.”

That book was released on February 1, 1999. Publishers Weekly, in its review, again calls out the “successful” 1987 operation as a seminal event in Carson’s life, writing: “In 1987, pediatric neurosurgeon Carson performed a successful operation that separated two twins born joined at their heads.”But by 1999, it had been clearly established to Carson and key members of the medical team thathad performed the separation of the Binder twinsthat while the boys had survived the surgery, they would be neurologically limited for life.

On January 11, 1998, reporterJonathan Bor wrote in the Baltimore Sunthat “Patrick and Benjamin Binder of Germany, survived with severe neurological deficits that left them institutionalized.”As early as June 26, 1989 the Associated Press had reported on the poor prognosis for the Bindertwins, writing:“Nearly two years after surgeons separated a pair of West German Siamese twins connected at the head, the children remain far from normal, doctors say.“Patrick Binder remains in ‘a vegetative state,’’ said David Nichols, a Johns Hopkins Children’s Center pediatric anesthesiologist who participated in the surgery and now directs the hospital’s pediatric intensive care unit.“Patrick’s brother, Benjamin, is improving, but is ‘clearly not normal and developmentally delayed,’ the doctor was quoted as saying in Monday’s editions of The (Baltimore) Sun.”

After the 1987 operation, Carson went on to perform at least four other surgeries on Siamesetwins joined at the head. In 1994, female infants Nthabiseng and Mahlatse Makwaeba died – one during surgery and the other within hours following surgery. In 1997, Carson performed surgery on infant Siamese twins Joseph and Luka Banda in South Africa with both surviving and reported at that time to be doing well. However, at age five, CNN reported that the father of the Banda twins, David Banda, told the news outlet that “Luka’s grades are very good” but “Joseph’sdevelopment is slow.” There have been no detailedmedia reports on the Banda twins in the past decade that Wall Street on Paradecould locate. The Banda twins would be approximately 18 years old now with their medical outcome seemingly of major interest to a wide swath of the medical community. In 2003, Carson was one of the lead surgeons attempting to separate 29-year old Iranian Siamese twins Ladan and Laleh Bijani. Both women, who had achieved law degrees, died. There was angry reproach from a family member, as reported by the UK Guardian newspaper.In 2004, Carson led a team attempting to separate infants Lea and Tabea Block. Tabea died within hours of surgery. Lea appears healthyin this 2009 photographat Johns Hopkins Children’s Center.Of the five sets of Siamese twins, or 10 individuals, which Carson surgically attempted to separate, five people died and two were institutionalized with serious neurological damage. According to the New York Times, those results are not anymore stellar than the results dating back to the 1920s. In The Times report on the Bijani adult twins, writers Wayne Arnold and Denise Grady report the following:“Similar operations have been reported on 30 to 40 sets of infants and young children since the 1920’s, but the death rate has been high, about 50 percent, and many survivors have suffered brain damage.”

New York Times OpEd columnist Charles M. Blow writes in today’s print edition that “Carson may no longer be a practicing physician, but he is a full-time profiteer, selling his story in books and speeches and paid handsomely to do so. Good work, if you can get it…Media observers seem to me too focused on Ben Carson the candidate. I remain focused on Ben Carson the enterprise, and apparently, so is he.”

http://wallstreetonparade.com/2015/11/ben-carsons-other-credibility-problem-successful-siamese-twin-separations/

Abeg no kill me o. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 21, 2016
On a serious note the op didn't say anything particularly negative about the doctor. He was just stating fact and y'all just pounced on him like hyenas on a stolen kill. One would think the doctor had built a hospital in your village the way folks got so defensive. grin

Not fair sha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by blank(f): 2:16am On Nov 21, 2016
LastOkpaBender:
On a serious note the op didn't say anything particularly negative about the doctor. He was just stating fact and y'all just pounced on him like hyenas on a stolen kill. One would think the doctor had built a hospital in your village the way folks got so defensive. grin
Not fair sha.

I think it's because it was so different from what we had been made to believe. It's really disturbing because I had always seen him differently. Thanks op, for opening my eyes.

4 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by VickyRotex(f): 4:30am On Nov 21, 2016
idris4r83:
Either op is misinformed or a blatant liar. See the recent pix of Patrick and Benjamin binder

Next time dont call someone a blatant liar, when you arent even sure yourself.

And to think lots of people believed you without verifying, amazes me.

splenzard:

WTF are you saying? the separated Twins are the Binder twins and not the Hogans'

*Testing Mic*

Now, let me settle the fight between the both of you.

The both of you are wrong. cheesy cheesy Yes, Partially and Fully Wrong! According to my source(s) below.

Neither of them are the Conjoined twins Ben Carson operated on.

How did I know? I searched the internet, like you guys did too, and I dint stop at just one webpage.

Information that comes up on Google are not Robot-made. Its people who type them. So anyone can own a website, and type in anything, far from truth.
That's why at times, I joke when someone says I got it from Google, I ask what site.

Cos Google is a search engine. It doesnt confirm the authenticity of a write up, before pulling it up. Why? That's why its like Garbage in, Garbage out.

Now, that said, According to this source: Note, the first site is an HOAX Slayer. Really surprised, non of you could even pull that up as a source. http://www.hoax-slayer.net/does-a-circulating-image-depict-now-grown-up-conjoined-twins-separated-by-dr-ben-carson-in-1987/ The first twins (babies) are Krista and Tatiana Hogan.

And according to this source, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krista_and_Tatiana_Hogan they're female and just 10 years old living in Canada, so I dont know how they became full grown guys all of a sudden. undecided

According to this source, the guys are Cramer and Carson Gormley from Lake Fenton, Michigan. http://hoaxoffame.tumblr.com/post/141164139481/fake-no-photos-are-real-theyre-just-unrelated
and
this http://www.hoax-slayer.net/does-a-circulating-image-depict-now-grown-up-conjoined-twins-separated-by-dr-ben-carson-in-1987/

Now, I dont need to bring up a source about the Ben Carson, conjoined twins, as you guys have done that already.

Note: I used the words ''According to''.

So next time you wanna argue, dig deep, you never know, someone may have a third opinion to counter you.

Now that said: Who is correct amongst the three of us? We wouldn't know, as I'm also using sources I pulled up from the same internet.

But I won, as I had more sources to prove. cheesy

Who knows, maybe there would be a fourth person to counter. grin

Oya settle ya argument now! angry

You're welcome in advance!

*Drops Mic*

6 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by DrayZee: 5:45am On Nov 21, 2016
VickyRotex:

Next time dont call someone a blatant liar, when you arent even sure yourself.

And to think lots of people believed you without verifying, amazes me.

*Testing Mic*

Now, let me settle the fight between the both of you.

The both of you are wrong. cheesy cheesy Yes, Partially and Fully Wrong! According to my source(s) below.

Neither of them are the Conjoined twins Ben Carson operated on.

How did I know? I searched the internet, like you guys did too, and I dint stop at just one webpage.

Information that comes up on Google are not Robot-made. Its people who type them. So anyone can own a website, and type in anything, far from truth.
That's why at times, I joke when someone says I got it from Google, I ask what site.

Cos Google is a search engine. It doesnt confirm the authenticity of a write up, before pulling it up. Why? That's why its like Garbage in, Garbage out.

Now, that said, According to this source: Note, the first site is an HOAX Slayer. Really surprised, non of you could even pull that up as a source. http://www.hoax-slayer.net/does-a-circulating-image-depict-now-grown-up-conjoined-twins-separated-by-dr-ben-carson-in-1987/ The first twins (babies) are Krista and Tatiana Hogan.

And according to this source, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krista_and_Tatiana_Hogan they're female and just 10 years old living in Canada, so I dont know how they became full grown guys all of a sudden. undecided

According to this source, the guys are Cramer and Carson Gormley from Lake Fenton, Michigan. http://hoaxoffame.tumblr.com/post/141164139481/fake-no-photos-are-real-theyre-just-unrelated
and
this http://www.hoax-slayer.net/does-a-circulating-image-depict-now-grown-up-conjoined-twins-separated-by-dr-ben-carson-in-1987/

Now, I dont need to bring up a source about the Ben Carson, conjoined twins, as you guys have done that already.

Note: I used the words ''According to''.

So next time you wanna argue, dig deep, you never know, someone may have a third opinion to counter you.

Now that said: Who is correct amongst the three of us? We wouldn't know, as I'm also using sources I pulled up from the same internet.

But I won, as I had more sources to prove. cheesy

Who knows, maybe there would be a fourth person to counter. grin

Oya settle ya argument now! angry

You're welcome in advance!

*Drops Mic*

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by VickyRotex(f): 5:53am On Nov 21, 2016

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by LaClickLaBend: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2016
idris4r83:
Either op is misinformed or a blatant liar. See the recent pix of Patrick and Benjamin binder
You and your likers are the ones that are misinformed. olodo. Simple research yu can't take, you coming out here talking ignorantly. I hate ignorant folks sha. Anyway the Binder twins never recovered from the operation. One of them is dead, the other has been abandoned in an institute. The father became a drunk and later died cos he couldn't face the disabled twin. The Mother has since remarried but she claims to have lost her faith in God

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by citiwatchng: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2016
OH PLACES YOU’LL GO
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create”.
- Albert Einstein
Imagination takes us through what we see into the world beyond it, the world which is as yet unknown to us.
Stephen King once said “fiction is the truth inside the lie”.
The same can be said for imagination. Our imagination presents the truth beneath the lie. If we are to really test our steel and to take our creative work to a new level it is so important to stretch our mind exposure to the imagination of others.
Imagination Sparks Imagination
What is possible? Where can we go? What can we achieve? These are all questions of the imagination within the boundaries of the results acquired by previous imagination. It is hard to believe that we were once unenlightened about things like the world being spherical. Once an imagined world becomes reality based, it becomes impossible to imagine the world prior to it.
Through reading fiction you not only learn a story, you learn about your own imagination, and you learn how to write about places and situations that draw you in, and characters with whom you can identify. Good fiction allows you to dream. You enter another world, you become a part of it, and it becomes a part of you. It latches onto your imagination and pulls it in all directions. The world of your dreams, your imaginings, the narrative around which the truth is concealed, is re-constructed. Even your memories can become re-imagined as they are influenced by the new connection.
Can you imagine such a world? Is there any more evidence required to show that we are in fact all creative beings?
Some fiction available at Laterna to heighten your imaginations are:
Pharaoh’s Daughter – Mesu Andrews
Eve – Wm. Paul Young
Mama’s Boy - Reshonda Tate Billingsley
The Fault In Our Stars – John Green and much more.
To see more visit https://www.laternabooks.com/index3.php?s=33&page=2

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board / Lagos SCRPS Renovates 92 Dilapidated Public Schools / The Life Changer Questions And Answers 2024 For All Chapters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.