Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,973 members, 7,873,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix (933 Views)

3 & 4gb Ram Phones Of Popular Brands Below 35,000 Naira / Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 / Which Has A Better Camera Quality In Terms Of Pictures Between Tecno And Infinix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
In Nigeria,certain factors are to be considered before buying an Android phone.One of such factors is the specifications of the device relative to its price,so that one doesn't end up with an overpriced phone with little specs.
I noticed that non popular brands offer more specs with less cash probably because they aren't popular yet.I recently read a post that gave out the best 4G LTE smart phones to buy on black Friday.
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Almost all the phone brands are not popular but the devices are packed with juicy specs at a little incurred cost but still aren't patronised by Nigerians,Why?
Well if you're reading this you would probably say that if they get spoilt,it'll not be easy to repair because the parts aren't found in the market so you can't try them out,but some of them are really durable though,i mean just because they aren't popular doesn't mean they're not good.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
I am not against popular brands like Tecno and infinix,but I think they're like "We've got all the fame and popularity,and we can throw anything into the market at any price",Thinking Nigerians must buy them because they noticed we're scared of non-popular brands.Just look at it,if it were techno that produced a device with the specs of Mi-Tribe A5000,they will sell it at a really huge price,even in 2016,tecno still produced a 512MB RAM crap! with a dual core 1.3ghz processor(MT6572)chipset.The tecno y2,imagine that,Even infinix really bleeped up,zero 4 came with mt6753 instead of the much expected hello processor.
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
I am just pointing out what they do to Nigerians.Ok look at it, infinix hot and hot 2 were the only most successful hot infinix smartphone.Infinix hot 3 was a total failure to me.It is sold for 40k and has Android 5.1,and they retained the 16gb Tom instead of making it 32gb.
Let me just summarise all I want to say in a sentence,"Nigerians Let's Give Non Popular smartphone a chance".
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by 2O17: 12:32am On Nov 21, 2016
TechEnthusiast:
I am just pointing out what they do to Nigerians.Ok look at it, infinix hot and hot 2 were the only most successful hot infinix smartphone.Infinix hot 3 was a total failure to me.It is sold for 40k and has Android 5.1,and they retained the 16gb Tom instead of making it 32gb.
Let me just summarise all I want to say in a sentence,"Nigerians Let's Give Non Popular smartphone a chance".
I gave Innjoo all my chance & they injured me. No more chance for unestablished smartphones

6 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 1:47am On Nov 21, 2016
2O17:
I gave Innjoo all my chance & they injured me. No more chance for unestablished smartphones
everyone knows injury,its not among the list o biko
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 21, 2016
TechEnthusiast:

U are contradicting itself. In ur post u stated those brands produce phones with outdated specs and still asking why Nigerians are not patronizing them, shey u like to throway money ni? Tecno and Infinix are the most popular brands in Nigeria. How else do u want them to be patronized? Innjoo came, people patronized them and they disappointed their customers, u still expect people to patronized them? Or do u expect people to ship in brands like Xiaomi, Leeco, ZTE etc from overseas with no customer support? Zte axon 7 costs almost the same price as galaxy s7 but they have no customer support here. So let me ask u, if u have 250k, would u rather buy a zte axon or a Samsung?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 21, 2016
greenhulk:

U are contradicting itself. In ur post u stated those brands produce phones with outdated specs and still asking why Nigerians are not patronizing them, shey u like to throway money ni? Tecno and Infinix are the most popular brands in Nigeria. How else do u want them to be patronized? Innjoo came, people patronized them and they disappointed their customers, u still expect people to patronized them? Or do u expect people to ship in brands like Xiaomi, Leeco, ZTE etc from overseas with no customer support? Zte axon 7 costs almost the same price as galaxy s7 but they have no customer support here. So let me ask u, if u have 250k, would u rather buy a zte axon or a Samsung?
I said non-popular brands give more specs for less cash,Nigerians patronise infinix and tecno even though they give little specs,I've understood that your problem is that they don't have customer support,just because injoo injured Nigerians doesn't mean it's all the same with others.
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by shiftback: 6:52am On Nov 21, 2016
TechEnthusiast:

I said non-popular brands give more specs for less cash,Nigerians patronise infinix and tecno even though they give little specs,I've understood that your problem is that they don't have customer support,just because injoo injured Nigerians doesn't mean it's all the same with others.
Can you be more specific and list the non popular brands you're referring to?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Techm8: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2016
Those non popular brands have to earn their stripes too.
Tecno worked hard to get to where they are.
Just like someone said earlier, he gave injoo a chance and injoo injured him.
I kinda like that ATribe 500, will be keeping an eye on that company.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2016
@OP, yhu want make INNJOO injure me abi?
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Mileslamar1(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2016
em cheap kwa
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Youngpo413: 11:14am On Nov 21, 2016
Unpopular brands like Alcatel, itel, Asus, MI tribe, gfive, oppson, go win, thl, cubot, wiko, elephone, oppo, meizu, Acer, vivo, one plus, zuk, leeco, blu, Lenovo, Toshiba, sharp, etc
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
Youngpo413:
Unpopular brands like Alcatel, itel, Asus, MI tribe, gfive, oppson, go win, thl, cubot, wiko, elephone, oppo, meizu, Acer, vivo, one plus, zuk, leeco, blu, Lenovo, Toshiba, sharp, etc

They all have to work hard to get their share of the Nigerian market. Tecno worked had to get to where they are today, a lot of people have forgotten. When tecno started they were nothing, but they had a strategy which worked for them. Tecno have offices allover the country, they provide job for youths, they organize shows, give endorsement, sponsor events, spend on advertisements. Go to computer village, most of the buildings are painted in the blue color of tecno. What has elephone, Alcatel, Lenovo, one plus, Leeco, etc done for Nigeria or Nigerians to earn the loyalty u seek?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Youngpo413: 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
greenhulk:

They all have to work hard to get their share of the Nigerian market. Tecno worked had to get to where they are today, a lot of people have forgotten. When tecno started they were nothing, but they had a strategy which worked for them. Tecno have offices allover the country, they provide job for youths, they organize shows, give endorsement, sponsor events, spend on advertisements. Go to computer village, most of the buildings are painted in the blue color of tecno. What has elephone, Alcatel, Lenovo, one plus, Leeco, etc done for Nigeria or Nigerians to earn the loyalty u seek?
None.
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
shiftback:

Can you be more specific and list the non popular brands you're referring to?
i dont have to spill them out,they exist and you know that
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by omoalajah(m): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2016
People buy because of popularity because u get to be able to repair your phone easily when issues arise because the parts are readily available.
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by datyorubaboy: 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
Some of these listed brands are popular but not as trusted as people trusts tecno and infinix
Youngpo413:
Re: Why Do We Have To Buy Popular Brands Like Tecno And Infinix by missslimzy(f): 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
Simply because they are more trusted brands

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Mobile: Win Amazing Gift Items In The 'blue Xmas' Give Away / New Iphone Accessory Let's You Kiss Someone Over The Internet / Porting Mtn Line To Etisalat...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.