Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,095 members, 7,967,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:16 AM

Toyota Paseo - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Paseo (1395 Views)

Toyota Paseo S Klima.......175k for easter gift last price.. PLS FOR LADIES ONLY / Mitsubishi Galant 1998 For Sale and toyota paseo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Paseo by babeface3: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2009
need help with this rare product. want to know if any one has used or know anything about the car
Re: Toyota Paseo by KunleA2(m): 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2009
The Toyota paseo in the US was sold from 1992-1997. The engine is a 1.5 liter engine. Its a very good car as far as petrol consumption is concerned. The engine is very similar to that of the Tercel. Great little cars with surprisingly loyal followings. They tend to have a very good low end torque which makes them moves very quickly from start despite a small engine.

Some Paseos, surprisingly are convertibles (Maintaining the top will be something to think about). They are somewhat rare to find even here in California that seems to be a ground zero for automobiles. You dont see paseos everyday.

With that said, the challenge we will run into here is simple and hard: Finding a clean one worthy enough of our time.

These cars tends to be liked by a younger crowd, hence there is tendency for abuse. However, you can still find very good clean ones around used by matured drivers to buy.

Also, u need to mention what year/body design you are looking for. Are you looking for Manual Transmission or Automatic?

Since these cars are not within the 10 year rule, it will come to cotonou. So the only way i will get involved is that 100% is paid upfront. Getting a Paseo (1996-1997) model from US to cotonou will be about $6500. You handle the rest from there.
$4000 for the car, $1500 for shipping, and $1000 my fees.

There are few guys in the house that can help you get it in from cotonou to Nigeria.

Otherwise you can check around Lagos or go to Cotonou and see what you can come up with. I have attached some pics for references. I dont have to preach to the converted. You know exactly what you are looking for but still,,,,,

Let me know what happens.

Re: Toyota Paseo by babeface3: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2009
Thanks for your reply. i have actually found this car in Nigeria but nobody apart from the seller seems to understand anything about the car because its rare over here. I would like to know about the availability of the parts over here and better still the durability. The car is manufactured in 1996. could it be that its completely obsolete like opel omega because of so many odds against it? from the little research i made they stopped selling the car in the USA for a long time and has been replaced by Echo by the manufacturers. im in dilemma wether to buy
Re: Toyota Paseo by KunleA2(m): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2009
Go ahead and buy. No shaking as far as parts is concerned. Like i said, it shared a lot of parts with Tercel and few parts with Corolla. You will be fine. Toyotas are more easier to maintain than opel as far as parts are concerned. You can still get toyota parts. Go ahead and buy if you like the car. Test it well.

Lets see pics if possible. How much are you getting it for?

Keep us posted.
Re: Toyota Paseo by babeface3: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2009
Thanks once more ma brother, the shape and color are exactly the pic you posted, the red one. the man is offerin it for 500k naira, what do u think of the price
Re: Toyota Paseo by KunleA2(m): 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2009
that is a very excellent price. As long as the car is in great shape and runs right. Price is just a little piece of the puzzle of value. Not the whole component. Go for it. Is it toks or Naija used? If its toks, i bet the guy is just dropping the price to sell the car. people dont know too much about the car and hence dont sell very well.

lets see pics when its possible for you.

Good luck.
Re: Toyota Paseo by babeface3: 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2009
So grateul man. the car is toks and in good shape, engine sounds perfect but i may have to fix the a.c, no big deal i guess. and the stereo aint intact, guess easy to fix too. but i may have to ask the man to slash down the price a bit because of all these.
Re: Toyota Paseo by KunleA2(m): 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2009
lets know how it goes. post pics too

Good luck
Re: Toyota Paseo by waoosa(m): 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2009
@poster,
The paseo is a great car. A friend of mine has this car and still using it. but my concern is the price. if it is toks, it is dam cheap but as you have tested it and confirm ok. grab it fast

Check the absorbers too. For part, you don't have prob. the parts are available.
Re: Toyota Paseo by babeface3: 8:14am On Nov 06, 2009
@waosa, they say the car doesnt have big engine capacity to carry a.c. of course the few people i saw drive it without a.c. what do u think, can u drop ur number i will call u
Re: Toyota Paseo by waoosa(m): 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2009
Babeface,
i don't understand this. My friend's car came fitted with A/C meaning the Engine capacity is ok for A/C.

what of Kia Rio and Hyundai accent that have 1.4ltr Engine? what do you say to that?

is it that the A/C in the one you saw is faulty or doesn't have at all and you intend to install.

Though frequent use of A/C on small engine for long trip kills the engine faster (my Opinion as am not a Mechanical Engineer ).

Give me your email address. I will post my number there.
Re: Toyota Paseo by babeface3: 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2009
tnx man ma email is creedhavey@yahoo.com
Re: Toyota Paseo by waoosa(m): 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2009
babeface, you got a mail

(1) (Reply)

Abbey Luck- Is A Fraudulent Dealer- Buyers Beware. He Also Jinx People. / Used (registered) Mitsubish Sigma For Sale N300,000 (I need the money Badly) / 2006 Toyota Highlanda For Sale 2.5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.