Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,063 members, 7,970,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:19 AM

What Is Deregulation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Deregulation? (644 Views)

NLC: Buhari Now Captive Of Forces Of Subsidy Removal, Deregulation / Deregulation Of The Downstream Oil Sector Is Illegal - Court / The Economies Of Deregulation/subsidy Removal In The Downstream Petroleum Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Deregulation? by Chuks84(m): 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2009
There has been so much talk about deregulation, its the cause of our present fuel scarcity. Being a layman, i just had to ask, what is deregulation sef?! Some colleagues explained it to me and from what i gathered, i just don't understand why it is being resisted by the Nigerian masses. I believe that once our petrol is no more subsidized and oil companies and fuel marketers are free to set their own prices, competition will eventually come into play thereby driving down the cost of our petroleum products, just like what has  and is still happening in the telecommunications industry. please i would like to hear your views.
Re: What Is Deregulation? by nex(m): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2009
Deregulation simply means allowing things run the way they naturally should, not tampering with anything, remove all forms of manipulation. Deregulation is part of democracy. Freedom of the market.
Re: What Is Deregulation? by citizenY(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2009
Please go to this link for some info on deregulation in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=347034.msg4860286#msg4860286
Re: What Is Deregulation? by justbehappy: 9:03am On Jun 13, 2019
citizenY:
Please go to this link for some info on deregulation in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=347034.msg4860286#msg4860286

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapping / The Reasons Why I Think Nigeria Is Backward / Pray For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.