Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? (800 Views)

How Do You Recognize Design? / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2016
Whoever your religious leader is, they can give a good or bad prophecy:

If it's good, and it comes to pass then you believe them. And it doesn't come to pass they can claim that your faith was not strong enough/you were not prayerful enough, and you take it as your fault that their 'prophecy' failed.

If it's bad, and it comes to pass then you claim they saw ahead. If it doesn't come to pass they tell you your prayers worked and they averted the danger. For example, what TB Joshua did. Everyone knows TB Joshua is a fraud, but I see this being done to people on smaller scales every time.

So the question is, how do you identify who is a fraud and who isn't? I'm asking ALL religions which claim to have prophecies.

(special note: In Christianity, there's the added clause that you're not allowed to 'touch' their religious leaders, so that makes it near impossible to scrutinize at all).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by hopefulLandlord: 10:11am On Nov 21, 2016
interesting question
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by tintingz(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2016
cool cool
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:54am On Nov 21, 2016
By their fruit ye shall know them!!

If a prophet does what God sends him to do with integrity and humility while living Holy.....then we move to the second test..

The spirit of prophecy seeks confirmation with our spirit as well. If what is revealed to u is seconded by your spirit while your are eagerly looking up to God for message...then step three..

If peace comes to your soul and calmness overshadows you after taking to the prophecy as contains in the Word of God....

Then HE is a Genuine Prophet of the Most High.

1 Like

Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
By their fruit ye shall know them!!

If a prophet does what God sends him to do with integrity and humility while living Holy.....then we move to the second test..

A lot of people might pretend to be people of integrity, and humble as well. It's very easy. Any university student that needed special help from a lecturer has done it at one time or the other. People who are professionals at that become pastors. And, Christianity doesn't allow you to probe your pastors.

The spirit of prophecy seeks confirmation with our spirit as well. If what is revealed to u is seconded by your spirit while your are eagerly looking up to God for message...then step three..
I've seen many pastors use this trick many times. ey know what you want by observing carefully you from a distance. They know what you need. And then they prophecy that exact same thing, leaving you to believe that your 'prophecy' has been confirmed.

If peace comes to your soul and calmness overshadows you after taking to the prophecy as contains in the Word of God....

Then HE is a Genuine Prophet of the Most High.
This us a purely emotional decision. Let me ask you something, has it ever happened to you that someone you trust so much and believe in so much ends up being caught as a thief? And all through the time you knew them, you'd be able to vouch for them e.g "I'm very sure that Ayo could never steal from anyone. I'm so comfortable, I could put my life on the line". And then all of a sudden you find a mob surrounding that person ready to beat the hell out of him. So emotions are no to be trusted, you can't just 'feel it in your heart' as the heart makes incredibly stupid decisions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
Since they've failed to reply, I'll assume that there is no answer. In other words, there us no way to know which pastor/prophecy is fake. So there fore, all you do is take gambles
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Since they've failed to reply, I'll assume that there is no answer. In other words, there us no way to know which pastor/prophecy is fake. So there fore, all you do is take gambles

Argumentum ex silentio - it is illogical to draw a conclusion based on the silence of the opponent or when the opponent is refusing to give evidence for any reason.
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Argumentum ex silentio - it is illogical to draw a conclusion based on the silence of the opponent or when the opponent is refusing to give evidence for any reason.
It seems you just took a new philosophy course. Nice work. grin
However I'm taking this as a debate, as a sport grin In sports e.g chess, if you fail to show up for your game its a walkover for your opponent. Same with debates.
I only made that post to draw you people into the thread. So now I ask: do you have anything meaningful to contribute to the op? How do you identify fake prophecies?

1 Like

Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

My program does not take philosophy courses grin

However I'm taking this as a debate, as a sport grin In sports e.g chess, if you fail to show up for your game its a walkover for your opponent. Same with debates.

Its not same with debate . Its fallacious to draw conclusion based on the opponent's taciturnity

I only made that post to draw you people into the thread. So now I ask: do you have anything meaningful to contribute to the op? How do you identify fake prophecies?

Here in the Lord's Chosen , we don't know what fake prophecies are . Prophecies always come to pass just exactly at the time the pastor's had given .
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by ScienceWatch: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
BE VERY CAREFUL NIGERIA ! THIS IGNORANCE IS A TRAP.
DO NOT JUDGE PROPHECY WITH SIMPLISTIC LOGIC.
The spiritually wise people will know how to interpret prophecy.

Do not follow the mad crowd that have been crying loudly for the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ even though “He is risen.”
While the insane focus on the American president, The holy Scoan church Nigeria continues to dramatically and effectively change the lives of the suffering masses.

The Holy Prophet TB Joshua's prophecy is still correct in the light of the spiritual realm. History is full of example of how nations and individuals are free to change their destiny. Be very careful Nigerians, do not jump so quickly into the trap set by Satanic forces.

Keep your minds firmly on the awesome scientifically verifiable Miracles, Signs, Prophecies and also on the huge number of people world wide that constantly receive help for effective healing for terminal illness,scholarships, poverty, etc, etc from a truly blessed church called Scoan in Nigeria.
AnonyNymous:
Whoever your religious leader is, they can give a good or bad prophecy:

If it's good, and it comes to pass then you believe them. And it doesn't come to pass they can claim that your faith was not strong enough/you were not prayerful enough, and you take it as your fault that their 'prophecy' failed.

If it's bad, and it comes to pass then you claim they saw ahead. If it doesn't come to pass they tell you your prayers worked and they averted the danger. For example, what TB Joshua did. Everyone knows TB Joshua is a fraud, but I see this being done to people on smaller scales every time.

So the question is, how do you identify who is a fraud and who isn't? I'm asking ALL religions which claim to have prophecies.

(special note: In Christianity, there's the added clause that you're not allowed to 'touch' their religious leaders, so that makes it near impossible to scrutinize at all).
” Having watched many miraculous healings on videos from the Synagogue, Church Of All Nations, Nigeria a group of three New Zealand pastors and four evangelists including myself went to the Synagogue, Church Of All Nations, Nigeria and lived there for nine days and nights. We wanted to satisfy ourselves that T.B. Joshua is a man of God and miracles were in fact taking place.”
Source from: http://www.doveministries.com/category/store/tb-joshua/about-tb-joshua
What we saw :
Blind eyes opened, cripples walking and dozens of testimonies from people who had been healed of HIV and other diseases.
Some of us received healings ourselves.
Spiritual overview:
We heard the name of Jesus Christ being continuously uplifted, the Gospel, repentance and salvation being continuously preached and the work of the Holy Spirit honoured.
After nine days at the Synagogue, Church Of All Nations we concluded that T.B. Joshua is indeed a man of God and these are the works of God.
Group from New Zealand:
Among our group there were three senior pastors, two evangelists and two men leading major Christian work in New Zealand. Between us we had 180 years of ministry.
Our conclusion was that this is truly a work of God.
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by ScienceWatch: 11:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The Holy Prophet TB Joshua's prophecy is still correct in the light of the spiritual realm. History is full of example of how nations and individuals are free to change their destiny. Be very careful Nigerians, do not jump so quickly into the trap set by Satanic forces.

* Remember the previously enslaved Jewish nation, they had a 200 year old prophecy that Jesus is the Son Of God and he is coming to enrich us all with Miracles, Signs, Prophecies And wonders. This mind-blowing power was rejected, this changed the outcome of that prophecy in own lives. They have been suffering for more than two thousand years.

There are hundreds of examples in all holy religious books of prophecy that was not understood at the time.

* Remember that the Jewish nation was guided to the Promised Land prophesied to them through Moses. The journey should have taken them a few months.

How do you explain why it took 30 years before they arrived at their destination?
Many people would after 12 months of waiting if the prophecy is true would have jumped like you to claim that Moses is a false prophet.

Because we have FREE WILL, we can change the outcome of any prophecy that directly affects our lives.

America is no different. They changed the outcome of the prophecy in their lives. They will suffer the consequences if their choice was a bad one.
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by ScienceWatch: 11:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
Christ commanded, “As the Father sent me, so send I you.”

The Holy Prophet TB Joshua is highly anointed and powerfully ordained by Jesus Christ as the overwhelming biblical and scientifically verifiable evidence reveals for our convenience.

I Have learned more about the risen Christ and how to identify a fake pastor from a real pastor by watching Emmanuel TV and Youtube.com than any church I ever went to.

If you want to know if a Pastor is real or fake, simply examine his WORKS. The WORKS will reveal if a Pastor is recognized in heaven !

What are the "WORKS" Jesus always refer to : It is all the Miracles, Signs, Prophecy and the many Wonders given for our benefit so that we might believe that we are truly LOVED.

Examine what Christ is saying about himself;
John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the WORKS which the Father hath given me to finish, the same WORKS that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Christ commanded, “As the Father sent me, so send I you.”
AnonyNymous:

I only made that post to draw you peopleWarning ! Amadgani, Kwaku Bonsam and Freeze of cool FM's plan to destroy the Holy Scoan Nigeria failed again. Pentecostal Pnf church leaders and falso profeta and tbjoshuawatch webpages are part of this satanic group. They are part of a spiritually sick satanic group that want see the continuation of the suffering of good people in Nigeria and the world.

Remember how the Jews rejected the scientific verifiable evidence freely available to them. Miracle, Prophecy, Signs And Wonders are Gods way of providing evidence of his love through one man, Jesus Christ and His anointed Pastors/Priests/Prophets. Without this anointing, Pastors are not recognized in heaven. They are fake !
If you love Jesus Christ, remember to block this evil facebook pages; https://web.facebook.com/tbjoshuawatch, AND https://web.facebook.com/tbjoshuafalsoprofeta/ to block the page click on “more” then click on ‘block” . Soon this harmful page will only serve the needs of satanic worshipers.
into the thread. So now I ask: do you have anything meaningful to contribute to the op? How do you identify fake prophecies?
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

My program does not take philosophy courses grin
Interesting. I thought philosophy was a general studies course required to graduate irrespective of your program along with basic computer/ICT.

Its not same with debate . Its fallacious to draw conclusion based on the opponent's taciturnity

Here in the Lord's Chosen , we don't know what fake prophecies are . Prophecies always come to pass just exactly at the time the pastor's had given.
Interesting. Can you predict what will become of my life? Or prophecy what you have seen to be my goal in life and whether I'll achieve it? grin
That is what churches do from what I've seen, just like horoscopes.That's what I believe is happening at your church. They give you 'prophecies' and you subconsciously correlate them to your life. Since you've not met me, you should be able to use prophetic abilities to answer those questions. Then I'll be sure its not based on you observing me from afar. See your brother up there who is still a slave to TB Joshua's scam machine despite the fact that the man has been exposed many times.
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Interesting. I thought philosophy was a general studies course required to graduate irrespective of your program along with basic computer/ICT

Maybe for the College of Development Studies but my college doesn't do such

Interesting. Can you predict what will become of my life? Or prophecy what you have seen to be my goal in life and whether I'll achieve it? grin

That is fortunetelling or divination and the bible is against it .

That is what churches do from what I've seen, just like horoscopes.That's what I believe is happening at your church. They give you 'prophecies' and you subconsciously correlate them to your life.

No, its like if a Church member has a sickness say diabetes , the pastor would say a short prayer and ask the indisposed person to go for test the next day that his sickness is gone . He obeys and returns with a confirmation that the sickness is gone . You can pick up Chosen magazines , there are so many great testimonies indited there .

Since you've not met me, you should be able to use prophetic abilities to answer those questions. Then I'll be sure its not based on you observing me from afar.

My clairvoyance works at a particular time of the month . I'm not sure why . But I don't think I can foretell an entire future of someone .

See your brother up there who is still a slave to TB Joshua's scam machine despite the fact that the man has been exposed many times.

Err
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No, its like if a Church member has a sickness say diabetes , the pastor would say a short prayer and ask the indisposed person to go for test the next day that his sickness is gone . He obeys and returns with a confirmation that the sickness is gone . You can pick up Chosen magazines , there are so many great testimonies indited there.
Why only in your church magazines and not in medical records?

My clairvoyance works at a particular time of the month . I'm not sure why . But I don't think I can foretell an entire future of someone .

When its activated, do let me know grin And just tell me a few things about me that can't be found on any of my Nairaland posts.
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Why only in your church magazines and not in medical records?

Sometimes the medical records are posted alongside the testimony .

When its activated, do let me know grin

grin . Before the Premier League season I dreamt about an imperious Chelsea destroying their opponents with emphatic wins cheesy cheesy grin

Rotflmao

And just tell me a few things about me that can't be found on any of my Nairaland posts.

No problem
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sometimes the medical records are posted alongside the testimony.
If such is actually true then I don't see why the whole world are not 'the lords chosen' members. After all, your goal is to save people from hell, right? All you have to do is to start a 'campaign for god' where you walk into hospitals and start healing people there.

grin . Before the Premier League season I dreamt about an imperious Chelsea destroying their opponents with emphatic wins cheesy cheesy grin

Rotflmao
Chelsea fan? Excellent!

No problem
If you forget, I'll remind you. So don't forget.
Re: All Religious People. How Do You Recognize Fake Predictions/Prophecies? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:14am On Nov 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

If such is actually true then I don't see why the whole world are not 'the lords chosen' members. After all, your goal is to save people from hell, right? All you have to do is to start a 'campaign for god' where you walk into hospitals and start healing people there.

How do you think the Lord's Chosen grew massively within a short time with branches all over Africa and almost half of the world? The thing is that God performs miracles through the Lord's Chosen members and those who received those miracles would want to see for themselves and then become members of the Church . Those ones come with their sick to our crusades , their sick get healed , people who know the healed person would want to see for themselves and it goes on and on and on .

Mgbidi no dey enter person again .

Chelsea fan? Excellent!

Rainbow boys , they have come !

If you forget, I'll remind you. So don't forget.

No wahala

(1) (Reply)

I Am Facing The Worst Form Of Ridicule / Getting The Record Straight On Apostle Suleman's Fulani Attack / The Law Of Travail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.