Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,717 members, 7,975,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 11:52 AM

Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice (668 Views)

IPOB Lion Squad Convoy On Their Way To Ebonyi To Support Nnamdi Kanu / Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) / Ikpeazu Doesn't Eat Foreign Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by zakim(m): 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
The Ebonyi Government has said it was concluding plans to enforce a ban on the sale of foreign rice in markets and other outlets in the state.

Governor David Umahi made the disclosure when participants of the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Senior Course 39, Jaji, visited him in Abakaliki on Monday.

The governor said the order would soon be enforced to ensure that the residents patronised home-grown Ebonyi Rice.

“I will personally lead a task-force, consisting of the State Executive Council members to various markets and enforce the order.

“Individuals who are selling the produce will provide certification of its quality because most of the rice brought into the state is not parboiled.

“Any rice that is not parboiled after six months turns to chaff as most of them brought into the country stay for about 10 years before being imported.

“The rice then becomes poisonous and we have banned cooking of non-Ebonyi rice inside the state’s Government House, hotels and public functions.

“The Ebonyi rice still presents its unique taste even when cooked without meat and we will give you some quantities for attestation,” he said.
Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ebonyi-to-ban-sale-of-foreign-rice/172668.html#Pq3rXdC3vK66Wst0.99

Re: Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
Great spot
Great decision
Great attention
Great ban
Great action
Great plan
Great support for local farmers
Great motivation for produced rice
This is what M. Elechi could not achieve angry
Re: Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by Mrjo(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nonsense, so they can nw eat stone rice
Re: Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by Mrjo(m): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
Keneking:
Great spot Great decision Great attention Great ban Great action Great plan Great support for local farmers Great motivation for produced rice This is what M. Elechi could not achieve angry
ar u high oñ weed?
Re: Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by thesicilian: 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
Banning competition is not healthy for business. Just make the locally produced rice cheaper and of good quality and Nigerians will rush for it.
Re: Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by Temidayo9(m): 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2016
thesicilian:
Banning competition is not healthy for business. Just make the locally produced rice cheaper and of good quality and Nigerians will rush for it.

Nigerians Never like home grown, even if its stone free. Its like we re addicted to foreign goods

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by thesicilian: 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
Temidayo9:

Nigerians Never like home grown, even if its stone free. Its like we re addicted to foreign goods
The only reason we prefer foreign goods is because they are way better in terms of quality. Recently I bought a Nigerian made pair of shoes for just 7.5k. At first I was a bit sceptical, but now after using it for about 2months, I am considering getting one or two more pairs. Why go for something more expensive when you can get the same quality for way cheaper?
So I believe if we step up our game, we'll not have to force people to buy Nigerian goods.
Remember those days when the only music we used to listen to those days was foreign - 2pac, Biggie, Puff Daddy, Ashanti etc...? Then our guys started raising the bar for themselves an today all we hear about is 2face, Wizkid, Dbanj, Phyno etc.
The government didn't have to ban foreign music for our indigenous music to grow.
Re: Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2016
Supported. Buy Nigeria to grow Naira policy. Plus many of these imported rice are mere plastics and custom folks guarantee free border if you bribe them.

I stand with Devil Umahi as he is infamously called in Abakaliki.
Re: Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by Jesusloveyou: 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
Mrjo:
Nonsense, so they can nw eat stone rice
abakailiki rice is the best rice,
Eat abakailiki rice to give jobs to iPods rather than to be importing and be hating pmb for their laziness and jobless ness
Re: Ebonyi To Ban Sale Of Foreign Rice by Mrjo(m): 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
abakailiki rice is the best rice,
Eat abakailiki rice to give jobs to iPods rather than to be importing and be hating pmb for their laziness and jobless ness
i suggest u ask for sense u need it asap

(1) (Reply)

Why I Conceded Defeat To Gen. Buhari In 2015 – Ex President, Goodluck Jonathan / Now That Buhari Has Failed - Come May 2019 / See This! Will Fayose Soon Leave Pdp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.