Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,710 members, 7,918,187 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 02:58 AM

What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? (940 Views)

Boko Haram Reacts To Trump's Victory, Says 'war Has Just Begun' / Fayose Reacts To Trump's Victory: "Obama Got What He Did To Jonathan'' / Ffk:nigeria And The Implications Of A Donald Trump Presidency (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by maestro2000(m): 11:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
[b]I was inside the banking hall of a first generation bank when CNN breaking news flashed DONALD TRUMP ELECTED PRESIDENT. I was shocked. I never thought he could defeat Hillary. A banker shook her head, “This is disaster. America’s gone crazy.”

I said to her, “the world just improved on his craziness. We Nigerians voted change and we do not seem sane. UK voted Brexit.” The banker agreed. I live in a country that has given me little and seems unclear of what she wants from me. I am a citizen of a country whose economy breathes on the availability of dollars. As I walked down the busy Awolowo Road, I thought of the implication of Trump’s victory on young Nigerians. Should the leader of the USA determine our fortunes?

America was tired of the ‘normal’ politician, so she voted an absolute abnormal, that’s America’s problem. Yet, it feels like Voldemort just won, and third world war is a strong possibility. Yes, it is possible. Donald Trump is America’s next President. Donald Trump is a crazy guy. Check history, Hitler existed.

If a third world war is not a worry for young Nigerians, please rethink. A little mistake from a world leader could trigger a coalition of terrorist to fight the world (terrorism is likely to take the place of anti-Semitism as reasons for invasions). Donald Trump does not seem like a man that has patience for diplomacy. If a war comes, what will Nigeria do?

A friend told me he was no longer interested in obtaining American visa. I asked why and he wondered if I had not heard that Donald Trump won. “I have,” I replied.

“Then you should know about his views on immigration.”

I did not know much. I had little interest in the American election until he won. I was one of those people who thought Republicans had given a wealthy and spoilt clown a chance to waste his money. I was wrong.

With Donald Trump coming to power, Nigerians can expect tougher visa application to the USA. Now the people at the American embassy can flex their muscles more and happily stamp ‘denied’ on visa applications. Getting to America just got interestingly harder. Meanwhile Nigerians in America worry that they may not get their visa extended. The man does not want Mexicans and Nigerians who have taken Americans’ jobs.

America is a very charitable country but my best friend disagrees, he believes their aid has never stemmed from altruism but a gain to retain the status of Big Brother to Africa and the world. For him, China and Russia are better for Africa. Under Donald Trump, African leaders should forget invitation to the White House unless America has something to gain from their country economically.

Beware! Our leaders may foolishly sell Africa to Trump’s America, right under our noses. Maybe, it is an exaggerated thought, but he is not interested in funding Africa’s problems. If we go by the words of Campaigner Donald Trump, Africa should forget the funding of her poverty. He will only do business with African countries that can contribute to making America great again, (are they not great already?).

America might also return to isolationism. New questions will come up. How much does Boko Haram affect US national security? Does Niger Delta bombing affect America’s economy? Will he care if Nigerians die because change is not working?

Donald Trump, ceteris paribus, will enter the White House as its new chief tenant in January. Based on his campaign, he will be more of an American President and less of a ‘world’ President.

Meanwhile…

I am still in Nigeria; the popular song is still change while the status quo remains.
[/b]

for more educative articles visit:

www.megasblog.com

Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by LaPresidente(m): 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
Good read
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by dunkem21(m): 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nice piece wink
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by delvinmaya(m): 1:02am On Nov 22, 2016
Refreshing to read
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 22, 2016
All this ones claiming good read must be Op alternates o
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by MalcoImX: 2:08am On Nov 22, 2016
Nma27:
All this ones claiming good read must be Op alternates o
But the piece is great and thought-provoking.
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by gesundheit: 5:26am On Nov 22, 2016
A fresh breath from the gutter oozing opinions populating this space.
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by eezeribe(m): 5:27am On Nov 22, 2016
Trump or No Trump... Life goes on
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by Obinnau(m): 7:27am On Nov 22, 2016
I don't care
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by Sammiejokes(m): 8:23am On Nov 22, 2016
Very funny, the OP said he was not following the election and he knows trump enough to write unfounded rhetorics propagated by CNN crew. Up your game if wanna travel to USA and make sure when you coming you have the right skills or u ready to study and learn value added skills not security officers and store boy, pay white woman for green card.
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by maestro2000(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2016
Sammiejokes:
Very funny, the OP said he was not following the election and he knows trump enough to write unfounded rhetorics propagated by CNN crew. Up your game if wanna travel to USA and make sure when you coming you have the right skills or u ready to study and learn value added skills not security officers and store boy, pay white woman for green card.

@sammiejokes, i am the OP but not the article writer,but i want you to know just because America is America or there is internet and google is your friend doesn't mean everybody knows what's happening there considering what has been happening or currently happening in naija. you can't expect a graduate who is trying to make ends meet to engulf himself with America's problem.

PS: like you mentioned in your post, i the op is currently in and has been living in America for quite a long time,i am an IT Person with a career.. so not everyone that comes to the states works as a labor. Thanks anyways for your contribution..
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by scorpio2013: 9:54am On Nov 24, 2016
From your write up, you are one of those people who have been brain washed by the corrupt media. DJT will be a more level headed but realistic leader than Obama in handling world affairs.
maestro2000:

[b]I was inside the banking hall of a first generation bank when CNN breaking news flashed DONALD TRUMP ELECTED PRESIDENT. I was shocked. I never thought he could defeat Hillary. A banker shook her head, “This is disaster. America’s gone crazy.”

I said to her, “the world just improved on his craziness. We Nigerians voted change and we do not seem sane. UK voted Brexit.” The banker agreed. I live in a country that has given me little and seems unclear of what she wants from me. I am a citizen of a country whose economy breathes on the availability of dollars. As I walked down the busy Awolowo Road, I thought of the implication of Trump’s victory on young Nigerians. Should the leader of the USA determine our fortunes?

America was tired of the ‘normal’ politician, so she voted an absolute abnormal, that’s America’s problem. Yet, it feels like Voldemort just won, and third world war is a strong possibility. Yes, it is possible. Donald Trump is America’s next President. Donald Trump is a crazy guy. Check history, Hitler existed.

If a third world war is not a worry for young Nigerians, please rethink. A little mistake from a world leader could trigger a coalition of terrorist to fight the world (terrorism is likely to take the place of anti-Semitism as reasons for invasions). Donald Trump does not seem like a man that has patience for diplomacy. If a war comes, what will Nigeria do?

A friend told me he was no longer interested in obtaining American visa. I asked why and he wondered if I had not heard that Donald Trump won. “I have,” I replied.

“Then you should know about his views on immigration.”

I did not know much. I had little interest in the American election until he won. I was one of those people who thought Republicans had given a wealthy and spoilt clown a chance to waste his money. I was wrong.

With Donald Trump coming to power, Nigerians can expect tougher visa application to the USA. Now the people at the American embassy can flex their muscles more and happily stamp ‘denied’ on visa applications. Getting to America just got interestingly harder. Meanwhile Nigerians in America worry that they may not get their visa extended. The man does not want Mexicans and Nigerians who have taken Americans’ jobs.

America is a very charitable country but my best friend disagrees, he believes their aid has never stemmed from altruism but a gain to retain the status of Big Brother to Africa and the world. For him, China and Russia are better for Africa. Under Donald Trump, African leaders should forget invitation to the White House unless America has something to gain from their country economically.

Beware! Our leaders may foolishly sell Africa to Trump’s America, right under our noses. Maybe, it is an exaggerated thought, but he is not interested in funding Africa’s problems. If we go by the words of Campaigner Donald Trump, Africa should forget the funding of her poverty. He will only do business with African countries that can contribute to making America great again, (are they not great already?).

America might also return to isolationism. New questions will come up. How much does Boko Haram affect US national security? Does Niger Delta bombing affect America’s economy? Will he care if Nigerians die because change is not working?

Donald Trump, ceteris paribus, will enter the White House as its new chief tenant in January. Based on his campaign, he will be more of an American President and less of a ‘world’ President.

Meanwhile…

I am still in Nigeria; the popular song is still change while the status quo remains.
[/b]

for more educative articles visit:

www.megasblog.com
Re: What Does A Donald Trump Victory Mean For A Young Nigerian? by princemillla(m): 10:15am On Nov 24, 2016
scorpio2013:
From your write up, you are one of those people who have been brain washed by the corrupt media. DJT will be a more level headed but realistic leader than Obama in handling world affairs.

I laugh at the bolden cheesy...... Comedian

Op nice observation, but I don't take views too serious. I believe in reality events.
Let's watch how things unfold in days to come.

(1) (Reply)

If You Had The Power To Reform Any Sector In Nigeria, Which Will It Be? / See Wat APC Candidate In Rivers Rerun Senator Abe Was Spotted Doing With Friends / Buratai Commissions Motorcycle For Troops To Find Against Boko Haram (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.