Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Human Head Transplant Becomes Even More Realistic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Human Head Transplant Becomes Even More Realistic (405 Views)

Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost / Breaking News: The 1st Human Head Transplant Carried Out Successful In China / First Successful Head Transplant Carried Out On A Corpse In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Human Head Transplant Becomes Even More Realistic by ukelvinn(m): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Professor Sergio Canavero wants to carry out the operation for the first time next year, saying it could help those paralysed from the neck down to walk again.

Valery Spiridonov, a Russian man with a genetic muscle-wasting disease, has volunteered to be the first patient.

But putting someone's head onto cont reading @https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=678647123589967138#editor/target=post;postID=8176291354140908578;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=1;src=postname
Re: Human Head Transplant Becomes Even More Realistic by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:17am On Nov 23, 2016
2017 is just next year and Dr Sergio's words since 2015 to attempt the world's first "actual" head transplant surgery on the 30-year old Russian is something I cant wait to see come to fruition. smiley

There was a news about a "first successful head transplant Surgery I heard of which happened close to two years ago I believe". Here's the link:

http://newsexaminer.net/health/worlds-first-head-transplant-a-success/

BUT IT TURNS OUT IT IS ACTUALLY A HOAX!!!

So I'm looking forward to Dr Sergio's head transplant attempt but also I got a lot of questions mehn!

- How will the nervous tracts (ascending and descending) severed in the process maintain its integrity and "Functional" state?

- How will the brainstem be catered for ?

- What about the phrenic nerve which descends from the level of C3-4 vertebrae and all the blood vessels going up to the head?

- etc, etc, etc, etc..... *phewww!*

Well, I believe whatever the mind of man can conceive it can achieve but we got to ensure it's conceived with great "deep seated" calculations and some basic convictions. We must not have all the answers to start with but we must have some kind of "premise" to undertake such risk.

I love risks but like Ben Carson, Such risk must be based on you having "diligently" asked youself certain best/worst case scenario questions and come up with your own answers. In the end it's all down to you, "THE RISK TAKER" smiley

2017 promises to be exciting for science.... Just can't wait.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Help Minister Udemeh King. / Deal With Hair Loss / Protect Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.