Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,598 members, 7,885,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement (2205 Views)

Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message / IPOB Declares Solomon Arase Wanted Just 24 Hours After Retirement / Sahara Reporters Confirm Retirement Of Mostly Southern Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe , has
finally announced his retirement. The
Zimbabwean president has always
maintained that he would die in office. Speaking to a group of war veterans at the
weekend, Mugabe admitted that the country’s
economy is crumbling and said he would
retire. The Southern African country’s currency is in
poor shape and banks running out of cash,
the country is also feeling the pinch of a
crippling drought. However, the ruling party, ZanuPF said
Mugabe will still be contesting in the country’s
next election in 2018 and if he is re-elected,
he will only retire in 2023, when he turns 99. He told “war collaborators” that he believes
he had now “defeated the British and
Americans and that he understood times
were difficult in Zimbabwe. Mugabe had dismissed demands by once
stalwart war veteran supporters to quit,
saying he was in power by popular vote and
accusing critics of plotting his ouster with
longtime Western opponents. The 92-year-old Mugabe, the only President
Zimbabwe has had in 36 years of
independence, was addressing thousands of
Zimbabweans who rallied to support him, a
few days after veterans called him a corrupt
dictator. “As long as the party says continue, I
continue…If I still have the energy, I still have
the life, the blessings of God, I will continue,”
Mugabe said in a 50-minute address. “There was a time, some years ago, when
Zimbabwe seemed important, that it could be
a powerhouse in the region, but that moment
has long gone, and now it is hard to find
anyone who can forecast how it can repay its
debts even with a new leadership, let alone attract foreign investment,” said a Harare-
based financial analyst. Mugabe also acknowledged that there were
factions within ZanuPF but that they would
come together ahead of the next elections. Veteran Zimbabwe political analyst Brian
Raftopoulos says chances that the fractured
opposition could win the next elections are
“bleak.”
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
hes allowed cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by madridguy(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
Finally. Please go and rest.
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by TOBIeee68(m): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
make baba bubu buahri and zombies go rest too make dem recontest 2019 also oooooooooooooo
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by Opinedecandid(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Some people will find this news an encouragement to them to re contest in 2019.
Rubbish!
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by Mentcee(m): 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
Next is Buhari
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
From reading the first few lines, I suspect this is propaganda from enemies of African independence angry angry
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by Nbote(m): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
He's not going anywhere ooo, He must stay there and finish it ooo. Saw d report online earlier today and I couldn't stop laughing. So after swallowing a full mango he no longer trusts his anus?
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by gebest: 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
Goodnews
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by Dking99(m): 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
Campaign strategy! Is he not Mugabe again? That statement na wash! These people and power are like 5 and 6.

Paul Biya (1982 – till date) ...
Robert Mugabe (1980 – till date) ...
Jose Eduardo Dos Santos (1979-till date) ...
Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo (1979-till date)

He will like to take over the position of Mbasogo.
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by leofab(f): 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hmm
Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by policy12: 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Now the Zimbabwe be like.....

Re: Breaking News:zimbzbwe President Mugabe Announces Retirement by seunny4lif(m): 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Who get my Zuma
Ooooh I get am
Africa leaders and power grin grin grin
Dking99:
Campaign strategy! Is he not Mugabe again? That statement na wash! These people and power are like 5 and 6.

Paul Biya (1982 – till date) ...
Robert Mugabe (1980 – till date) ...
Jose Eduardo Dos Santos (1979-till date) ...
Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo (1979-till date)

He will like to take over the position of Mbasogo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Reacts To Orji Kalu's Visit To IPOB Leader In Kuje Prison / This Is What Happens When You Keep Carrying Other People Matter For Head ( Photo / Muamar Gaddafis Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.