Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,089 members, 7,890,601 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:45 PM

ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. (1302 Views)

Olanrewaju Ayobami Esther: 'To See Me, You Come To Class And Wait' / ASUU Ends Strike As FG Releases N35.4bn For Salary Reimbursement / Students Of Nigerian Defence Academy Pictured Going To Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by Lukmanraji(m): 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
November 22, 2016

ASUU President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi
Friday Olokor, Abuja

The Academic Staff Union of Universities on Tuesday confirmed that it had ended its one week nationwide warning strike over the non-implementation of a 2009 agreement with the Federal Government.

The President of ASUU, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, who said this in Abuja, urged lecturers to return to work.

“We are making progress, especially with the intervention of the Senate. In the next one or two meetings, if we are able to get a clear path to the matter, we will avoid elongation of the strike action.

“I have been receiving these reports that ASUU says strike continues. No. The strike ends today (Tuesday). All lecturers are to go back to work Wednesday morning.”

According to him, ASUU was hopeful of a positive outcome, going by the response coming from the Federal Government.

Source: http://punchng.com/ASUU-ends-warning-strike-orders-lecturers-back-class/
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by Chriswazo(m): 11:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
angry
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by babyfaceafrica: 12:10am On Nov 23, 2016
Lazy students are sad!!!
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by FunnyQuotes(f): 1:15am On Nov 23, 2016
chimo... I almost stopped my sis from going to sch yesterday...
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by johzeb: 4:48am On Nov 23, 2016
https://unibenscrib./2016/11/23/ASUU-ends-strike-offical/
Official news from punch this morning on ASUU strike
Gud AM ppl.
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 23, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Lazy students are sad!!!
Ah swear! they think strike is enjoyment not knowing they are one that is being affected
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 23, 2016
Crap. So my exams is still gonna go on today.....
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by MVLOX(m): 6:36am On Nov 23, 2016
Nw I can go sign my project.... But who come tell pple say one month come join the strike na
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by loadedvibes: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2016
ASUU why? Why not take this year. Nawa
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by abbas99(m): 7:30am On Nov 23, 2016
After all d gra gra!!!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by SuperSuave(m): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2016
How about Lautech local strike?
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by latestguy(m): 8:47am On Nov 23, 2016
post=51288265:
ASUU why? Why not take this year. Nawa

see you u no feel shy talk like this
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by loadedvibes: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2016
Atall. Why will I feel shy
latestguy:

see you u no feel shy talk like this
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by Vick4rill(m): 8:56am On Nov 23, 2016
SirWere:
Crap. So my exams is still gonna go on today.....
O.Y.O is your name. you were so busy insulting and discreditin a none existing sky daddy, that u forgot to read ur books i guess?
Re: ASUU Ends Warning Strike, Orders Lecturers Back To Class. by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 23, 2016
Vick4rill:
O.Y.O is your name. you were so busy insulting and discreditin a none existing sky daddy, that u forgot to read ur books i guess?

What the heck....

(1) (Reply)

Getting To Know Child Custody Legal Forms / 10 Sagittarius Strengths And Weaknesses / Two Unilag Graduating Students Badge 5.00 For Session 2015/2016/Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.