Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,353 members, 7,978,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:48 PM

New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week (543 Views)

Original Phone Batteries @ Wholesale Price / 50 Pieces Of Refurbish Brand New Battery For Sale / We Buy Condemned And Bad Inverter Batteries for N70,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week by abelee(m): 7:29am On Nov 23, 2016
The days of charging up your phone overnight every single day, and then hunting for a power socket in the late afternoon might be over.

A new technology – ‘super capacitors’ – could mean phones and electric cars charge up in seconds, and run for days.

Researchers at the University of Central Florida have developed a thin, flexible ‘super capacitor’ which they claim would allow a smartphone to charge in seconds.

The ‘super capacitors’ are created by layering shells of hi-tech two-dimensional materials over tiny wires – creating a material which can store a large amount of energy.

‘If they were to replace the batteries with these supercapacitors, you could charge your mobile phone in a few seconds and you wouldn’t need to charge it again for over a week,’ said researcher Nitin Choudhary.

Study lead author Yeonwoong ‘Eric’ Jung said, ‘’There have been problems in the way people incorporate these two-dimensional materials into the existing systems – that’s been a bottleneck in the field.

‘We developed a simple chemical synthesis approach so we can very nicely integrate the existing materials with the two-dimensional materials.

Source: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/new-battery-technology-could-mean-phones-last-a-week-and-charge-in-seconds-085407786.html

Re: New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week by feodan: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2016
No carry am cum Nigeria oooooo cuz Na power bank i dey sell !!!!!!

1 Like

Re: New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week by estyvino(m): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2016
Dancing.......

Nzege
Re: New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week by estyvino(m): 7:39am On Nov 23, 2016
feodan:

Guy! Biz don knock be that!!

1 Like

Re: New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week by feodan: 7:43am On Nov 23, 2016
estyvino:

Guy! Biz don knock be that!!
.. Dem no fit , we go lock border.
Re: New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week by abelee(m): 7:53am On Nov 23, 2016
feodan:

Wickedness of the highest order......so becos u dey sell something, make life no come beta for we kontri people. So if I dey sell generator now, will I also pray make light no stable for 9ja, so that I can kontinu to sell market. Anyone wey no wan make this thing come 9ja.......Holy Ghost Fire!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week by estyvino(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2016
feodan:

Trust igbo guys them

The day them lunch"am, you go seeam buy for alaba international market

1 Like

Re: New Battery Technology That Would Enable Phone Batteries To Last For A Week by estyvino(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2016
feodan:

Trust igbo guys them

The day them lunch"am, you go seeam buy for alaba international market

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used HP2000 For Sale 30k / How The Longest Bridge In The World Was Built / Bose Home Theater Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.