Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,151 members, 7,963,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 06:20 PM

Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others (17150 Views)

Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri / Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts / Senate Wants Presidential Inauguration Moved To National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
MyGeneration:

Thanks to Buhari

Why not wait for the materialization of this age long recycled political statement before you start thanking?
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by megbu: 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
Princess Adaeze Stella Odua!!! This is what you get when you elect your representatives by your selves. Andy Uba ,Theodore Orji and a whole lots of anonymous senators are what you get when your representatives chose themselves. Two weeks ago she also presented a bill urging the federal govt to declare Anambra and Kogi oil producing states. It passed first reading. Adadioramma continue to shame our men(minus Ike Ekweremmadu) in the senate. Its mouth watering to have been able to watch a combo of you and Dora Akunyili in the Senate. Thank you classic beauty plus brain, we have a long memory.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by willibounce1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
izombie:
Just watch how afonjas will give 1001 reasons why this port will not work in onitsha. Oya who is the first afonja to object to this?

Modified:
Ftc!
I dedicate this to all my fellow biafrans.

Endangered specie with low self esteem. Nobody gives two phucks about some imaginary port in onitsha.
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by jahsharon: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2016
GuyWise:
'Akuko Uwa' The same story of "We will" "We are about to" "We will have to"

Ndiigbo make una no mind these people...

The land of the rising sun is the only solution we have.

Why didn't your brother the ineffectual buffoon husband of the cantankerous shepopo do it for the 6 miserable years that he was there?
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by shotster50(m): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2016
sweetgala:

We should have more but do we have the money to do so now ? No

It is not the most pressing matter, a better idea would be to improve the transport network, provide logistical support for commerce in form of warehousing and hubs

Not having money for something that has the potential for creating more revenue .. but having the money to spend on frivolous and often short term projects that has no effect in general is myopic.... Not having money which I do not believe is quite nonsensical given the inherent benefits for everyone involved.

In all progressive countries.. majority of the haulage is done by rail and water but we love to congest our roads that we find hard to maintain in the first place... Diversity my brother... diversity

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by made1(m): 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
2019 na bia ! APC wants to penetrate ibgoland . We need jobs in ibgoland , Nigerian Government. Most young men and women are leaving the villages . Remember your Immigration and Emigration class in geography.
Hire local Igbos to work on all these Federal projects that might come to the area . Stop being mean and wicked to the Igbos, we have lots to offer . Give us another chance !!!!!

GuyWise:
'Akuko Uwa' The same story of "We will" "We are about to" "We will have to"

Ndiigbo make una no mind these people...

The land of the rising sun is the only solution we have.
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by meccuno: 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
Samogbo1:
Stella Odua is really a lioness to Igbos despite being so corrupt. I love her good plans towards the Igbo nation considering her bills in the senate. For takn ds bold step repeatedly, she's won my respect!

I wish oda Igbo senators like Nnaji, Egwu, Ubah, Abaribe n co... Could hv the Igbo nation at heart like Stella...

and you had to add the word corrupt..tell me who isn't corrupt?
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by vRendoh(m): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
Why naming many ports.....if it is only Onitsha port just face and do only that one. With this numbers I sincerely doubt of any thing would come out
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by meccuno: 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
Jokers.When oil was was $100 they did not ask for that,they did not deliver a second Niger bridge.Not only Onitsha we need ports in Abuja and Kano
you obviously do not have sense. How do you get out of recession and boost revenue generation without infra structural development? So because there is no money nothing should be done?
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by meccuno: 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sanchez01:

One main reason why you guys would run in vicious cycles for years to come without a national achievement is the fact that you guys think every of your problems in this life is caused by the Yorubas. You dream them everyday, and nurture hate like new born babies. I know very many of your ilks think the same, particularly those who are not all that learned but then again, I'd want to believe it does not define the Igbos as a people.

This is what we get when we have so many prospective undergrads whose stay-at-home lifestyle have turned to frustration.
the yorubas have never been the problem of the igbos. We have a problem with you guys when you take responsibilities for actions that do no concern you. As always you never mind your business.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by Cjrane2: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
uduak2016:
Afonja...oyah come and cry blood but okay with it if it's in Kaduna.

Truth us that this is just propaganda statements.

They have no intention whatsoever to do 1% of what they said.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by sweetgala(m): 6:00am On Nov 24, 2016
shotster50:

Not having money for something that has the potential for creating more revenue .. but having the money to spend on frivolous and often short term projects that has no effect in general is myopic.... Not having money which I do not believe is quite nonsensical given the inherent benefits for everyone involved.

In all progressive countries.. majority of the haulage is done by rail and water but we love to congest our roads that we find hard to maintain in the first place... Diversity my brother... diversity

Go back and read my contribution to this topic. My first argument was lets develop our rail system and make sure all major cities and commerce centres have adequate warehousing and logistics hubs , that has been my take all along.

I just don't want us to spend money on white elephant projects remember these senators are the ones who would benefit using their proxy companies or collecting mobilisation cuts.

We already have a good rail plan which can be extended or branches out as we need we have onne port which needs more ships due and is not yet at 50% capacity.

This government seems focused on completing the 2nd Niger bridge and East West road among other major transport facilities
Re: Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others by greatbb: 8:56am On Nov 24, 2016
MyGeneration:
Thanks to Buhari
mumu, is stella now Sen. Stella Odua BUHARI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Challenges Buhari: Name 3 Projects You Initiated, Started, Completed / NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria / Bola Tinubu Donates ₦‎100 Million To Victims Of Kogi Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.