Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,712 members, 7,914,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:47 PM

Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki (426 Views)

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / PHOTOS: Nigeria Is Not A Corrupt Country- Saraki / David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by Thisis2raw(m): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2016
Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has said that he will not tag Nigeria a corrupt country because he prefers to market it.

Saraki, in an interview with the BBC Hausa service, though admitted that there were cases of corruption in the country, but said he would not label Nigeria as such.

Saraki said: “My take is that I must market my country, so I am not going to be able to label the country as such,” he said.

“Yes, there are issues that we must address, but I am not going to dwell so much on that because I need to market my country so that I can get private sector in flow.

“I must create an enabling environment that will encourage growth, because without that, it will be difficult for us to be able to see the kind of growth that we are talking about. Government alone cannot do it.”

On whether he had witnessed cases of corruption in the country, the Senate President said: “Of course there are, that is why we have oversight functions. Like many other countries, we have those kinds of challenges, but we have moved a long way‎.”

Saraki, who is facing charges of false declaration of assets at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), also said he acquired 95 percent of his wealth before he became a public servant.
Re: Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by ojun50(m): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2016
Since no salt i go keep my comment
Re: Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by Day169: 11:38am On Nov 23, 2016
I can understand you sir.
It's because people like you do not see things in black and white, but only in "shades of grey"!
Re: Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by ceejayluv(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2016
Cos you're feeding fat from the corruption....

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 23, 2016
It's simply because you are a very corrupt fella and you know if you do (tag Nigeria), Nigerians will accuse you a kettle, calling pot black. Nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by wowmenow: 11:43am On Nov 23, 2016
ceejayluv:
Cos you're feeding fat from the corruption....

Likewise buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 23, 2016
wowmenow:

Likewise buhari
Likewise Ekweremadu and Oliseh Metuh

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by sammyj: 11:46am On Nov 23, 2016
You can never since you are the chief president of the corrupt association !!! angry shocked

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by moshmusth(m): 11:48am On Nov 23, 2016
where is the Sauce (source)
Re: Why I Won’t Tag Nigeria A Corrupt Country- Saraki by greatiyk4u(m): 11:51am On Nov 23, 2016
The reason is simple.....because you are chronically corrupt

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mbaka Sends Message To Buhari, Over Corruption In The Judiciary / Senator Shehu Sani Reacted On His Suspension from APC. Blasts El-Rufai. / Kogi Pensioners Declares 7 Days Prayer And Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.