Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,647 members, 7,902,017 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 07:43 PM

2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians (1093 Views)

Bisi Akande Warns APC Against ‘parasites’ Defecting From PDP / Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians / PDP Warns Nigerians To Disregard Results On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 06, 2009
2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians
By Rotimi Akinwumi Correspondent, Abuja

“We are now at a war! We have a big political battle before us which we must win. As a test run of this war, we are now marching to Anambra State for the kill.”

That was the political battle cry on Thursday by Action Congress (AC) National Chairman, Bisi Akande, who urged his the party faithful to prepare for war in order to win the 2011 election.

He noted at the AC National Executive Council (NEC) meeting in Abuja that the strength of the party in the political war will be tested on in the Anambra Governorship ballot on February 6, 2010.

He faulted President Olusegun Obasanjo for declaring the 2007 election a “do or die affair,” and also knocked Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Chairman, Vincent Ogbulafor, for boasting that the PDP would capture Lagos and Kano in 2011.

Akande implored AC members to unite and do away with fifth columnists masquerading as loyalists, who are being monitored to determine those who “have fallen prey of the wave of the (PDP) political chicanery.”

He asked his colleagues: “Can we have any more time for quarrelling among ourselves? Am I being assured that we remain strong and united within the AC? Are there more places left for any PDP moles among us?

“In spite of the vicissitudes, the AC is waxing strongest in Lagos State, gaining much stronger strength in Edo State, creating most destabilising tremor for the PDP in Osun and Ekiti States, and putting pepper in their faces in Plateau, Bauchi, and Adamawa States.

“The AC has tactically been pulling the rug under the feet of anti-peoples’ authorities in Kano, Kaduna, Kebbi and Jigawa States and, definitely, shall soon begin to filibuster the PDP hegemony in the rest states where it holds rein.”

Akande noted that opposition parties are very difficult to manage in Nigeria because of corruption and lawless leadership, whereas democracy can only be practised in a disciplined society.

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, had on Wednesday also disclosed plans for the 2011 election from another flank, after lamenting that much of the past 10 years of democracy was wasted.

He said himself, former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, and former Sokoto State Governor, Attahiru Bafarawa, all have agreed to set aside their individual Presidential ambitions to save Nigeria from inept leadership and total collapse.

“We said let us unite first and rescue this country. If we rescue the nation anyone of us God has given the mandate we will all support, and stay together and work for the people.”

His premise is that the three of them have leadership pedigree to lead Nigeria.

“We were the ones who put our heads together and ensured that there was no third term. So, anything you are looking for politically, the three of us have it.

“Bafarawa was Governor for eight years, Buhari was Head of State, and myself Vice President. Therefore, anything that is needed to solve the problem of this country, we have it.”

Atiku said the three of them have agreed to have only one ideology.

“First, we accept democracy; secondly, we agree that nothing will help the people of this country except they bring back truth, and work for the people to become self-reliant in social amenities, such as security, education, and health.”

Former Lagos Governor, Bola Tinubu, said he too would buy into any agenda conceived to ensure free and fair election, including membership of the National Democratic Movement (NDM) formed by top opposition figures, among them Buhari, Atiku, and Olu Falae.

Tinubu reiterated his call for a holistic reform of the electoral system, urging President Umaru Yar’Adua to deliver on his inauguration promise to provide Nigeria one-man, one vote.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=2891

mmmhhh! What can I say? Ojukwu warned of war and got missiles, now that Akande has declared war, I will go by the corner and wait for the "atacks".
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by msaalli(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2009
noblezone:

2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians
mmmhhh! What can I say? Ojukwu warned of war and got missiles, now that Akande has declared war, I will go by the corner and wait for the "atacks".
the difference my friend is clear. firstly he is calling for a war of vigilance and not a physical armament. Secondly he is not calling for war in a matter before a competent court of law. The difference my friend is that we need to declare war on rigging and voters' disenfranchisement. It is either Ojukwu got caught up in emotions or simply played into the hands of the press.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2009
msaalli:

the difference my friend is clear. firstly he is calling for a war of vigilance and not a physical armament. Secondly he is not calling for war in a matter before a competent court of law. The difference my friend is that we need to declare war on rigging and voters' disenfranchisement. It is either Ojukwu got caught up in emotions or simply played into the hands of the press.

My firend, I knew somebody would readily say such as you stated in order to "educate me". yet, bros there is a pschy about this whole thing in Nigeria. If the statements were reversed, Ojukwu would still get the knocks while Akande will go free.

And please let me ask you a persoanl question, what exactly is this "matter in this competent court of law?"
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by OmoAlex: 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2009
SPARRTAANNNSSSSSSSSS

AHWUUUUUUUUUUU cool cool cool cool
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by nethacker(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2009
See this guy oo  shocked shocked all these politicians sef. Instead of him to pray to see 2011. With PDP killing is possible
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by Eziachi: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
msaalli:

How noble of you to clarify which is which of a war cry. Very noble of you indeed!!
It is said that “when a rich man is seen munching some palm kernel, it's become a very romantic snacking, but when a poor man does the same he is considered a hungry man”.

Whether Akande is calling for war of the box or war of the AK 47, what we understand is that he is calling for a war. And no one fights a war with a smile or ice cream on one hand and moreover, he was making his war cry inside Igbo land but that is not a problem because many of us understands English language and knew what the old guy is going on about.

Ojukwu is an icon of the Igbo nation, understandably, that will be a difficult pill for some folks to swallow, because it is not every day that one has a living rather than a dead icon especially by a group they never thought will ever survive with just 20 Naira of their own cash.

They will not waste time in jumping in to insult the Ikemba or express their childish jealousy with the aid of their self made Abuja Igbo leaders, who thinks from with their stomach. But this same folks the same a couple of years ago where hailing or even financing the Afenifere/OPC as they were from their bases in the United Kingdom threatening their beloved Nigeria with war under Abacha with brimstone and fire.
They shipped arms into republic of Benin and start recruiting their young ones into rebel camp and training in guerrilla warfare before it was leaked to Abacha/Benin govt by the head of the red cross in Benin who happened to be one of Abacha numerous girl friends.

This same folks are so obsessed with the Ikemba of Igbo and the Igbo nation. Either they did not hear or turn a deaf eye about radio Kudirath in the 90s too. Stationed and operated within reach of Nigeria and broadcasting what many will call a subversive messages of war against Nigerian junta govt and today either they are too young to know or remember not just only in Naira land but among their political elite and slave masters.
How quickly people forget when or if it's convenient to their hateful agenda.
But we are nobody's fools.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by sjeezy8: 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2009
msaalli:

Thank you
Not to mention Akande didn't head the first civil war and Akande didn't say his people are looking onto him to be "commander in chief".
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by msaalli(m): 8:27am On Nov 07, 2009
noblezone:

My firend, I knew somebody would readily say such as you stated in order to "educate me". yet, bros there is a pschy about this whole thing in Nigeria. If the statements were reversed, Ojukwu would still get the knocks while Akande will go free.

And please let me ask you a persoanl question, what exactly is this "matter in this competent court of law?"

The matter in court is the appeal by Andy Uba pending before the Appeal Court which was the reason he called for war.

If he is calling for war over rigging, electoral nuances, bad governance, criticism would be minimal but to call for war as a commander-in-chief is no longer war but outright secession. As we all have seen during the week, those who bore the brunt of the last war, the veterans have outrightly condemned the statement which i still believe to have been reported out of context. At this stage, we need him more as a statesman and a senior one at that. The courts are not there for nothing.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 07, 2009
@ OMO ALEX!!!

Oboy no choke me oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Spartaaaaaaaaans!!! for where say na guy weh never chow common kuli and gari na him go de say Awuu instead him de find awuf!! Make una vote oooo. I de come, come vote if dem no send the ballot come US like they promised they will for Nigerians in the diaspora.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by becomrich15: 1:21am On Nov 08, 2009
You better prefer for war really, if they say a northerner won 2011 election.

Let pretend for now, that makama fake figure was correct, which is a lie. The 20 state below the river niger according to Mr Makama has 75 million while the state above the river niger and benin only have 59  million (And Please note, even the Google satellite pictures shows that the 59 million claim to be above the river niger is more of fraud). While adamawa and taraba has 5 million.   So tell me how can a northerner win.

We all know kwara and kogi and benue are on our side. 2 is mostly yoruba.   So how can 75 million loss an election to 59 million.  if you remove fake figure. the 59 million is about 39 million. So how can 75 million people loss to 39 million people.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by becomrich15: 4:59am On Nov 08, 2009
anyone can predict. we are going to have problem in 2011. satellite pictures have change nigeria politics and rigging election, is not going to easy for politician.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by SEFAGO(m): 5:01am On Nov 08, 2009
They say this every election year- no war, naija ppl dont have liver- only mouth
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by becomrich15: 5:36am On Nov 08, 2009
mouth before satellite picture, people had no proof . there is a prove now. And the north can not claim 100 million people again . it is a new day. i see trouble.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by SEFAGO(m): 5:48am On Nov 08, 2009
mate dont worry when the war comes we will see it. I can bet a million dollars, that come election season a lot of political assasinations would go on, but not real war or civil war- do u think the mallams would leave their cattle to waste time on you and fight?
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by becomrich15: 6:04am On Nov 08, 2009
so are you saying your people plan to kill our people before the election. ?
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by SEFAGO(m): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2009
idiot, i am yoruba- you like looking for trouble sef, trouble go soon they look for u too.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by SapeleGuy: 11:02am On Nov 08, 2009
Are these the only people who can rule Nigeria? We are tired of them, if Buhari failed when he had all powers vested in him as a military dictator, how can he succeed as a democrat with opposition? Atiku should submit himself to a voluntary EFCC probe.

These people are failures and should disappear.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by SEFAGO(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2009
yeah that is how naija's governments- they recycle our old leaders, rewrap them and place them in a new container and expect us to take them.
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by fzmorris: 12:14am On Mar 18, 2011
Vote online now for the April 2011 Presidential election - http://sites.google.com/site/nigerian2011election/
Re: 2011 Election: Prepare For War, Akande Warns Nigerians by fzmorris: 12:34am On Mar 18, 2011
Who would you vote for President, in the April 2011 Elections? Click or visit link below to select a choice;

http://sites.google.com/site/nigerian2011election/

(1) (Reply)

100 Pages Of Bull Crap Because A Nigerian Is Named As A Suspected Terrorist! / Woman Dies At Lover’s House / Robbers On Okada Snatch N50m From Delta Govt House Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.