Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:51 AM

Is Do Not Disturb To 2442 A SCAM?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Do Not Disturb To 2442 A SCAM?? (1325 Views)

How To Activate Do Not Disturb (DND) On Glo, MTN, 9mobile And Airtel / How To Activate Do Not Disturb (DND) On Etisalat / Do Not Disturb: MTN Do Not Disturb Feature To Stop Receiving Promotional Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Do Not Disturb To 2442 A SCAM?? by namelesss: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
My fellow Nairalanders, I am here to request for clarification on how to make use of the newly do not disturb policy initiated by the NCC. I decided to embrace the initiative immediately when the news broke to me by sending the keyword "STOP" to "2442". But to my surprise the unsolicited text messages and calls started flowing on my phone more than they used to be.
So please my dear friends, what is the right procedure to make those unwanted text messages and phone calls stop completely?
The confusing text message is

Dear Customer, to avail full Do Not Disturb service, sms STOP and to deactivate anytime full DND service send cancel to 2442. For PARTIAL services you wish to receive send PARTIAL to 2442

when I send the message again it replies with "you are already subscribed to the DND segment" somewhat means that I want more of the unsolicited messages. Its so annoying, they gave us false hope sad cry
Re: Is Do Not Disturb To 2442 A SCAM?? by Tiffbuxas: 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
when they stop sending the text... then they start calling your cell
Re: Is Do Not Disturb To 2442 A SCAM?? by iXavier: 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2016
It isn't a scam, since I chose STOP

I haven't received any message or calls from them
Re: Is Do Not Disturb To 2442 A SCAM?? by toocoded: 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hahahaha.....ol boi ehhhhhhh! This one pass one chance sef shocked lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Is Do Not Disturb To 2442 A SCAM?? by srrrr(m): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
It happened to me too. If you activate it, they will stop the messages for a week and then rain your inbox with unsolicited messages.
I reversed it back, because it's useless
Re: Is Do Not Disturb To 2442 A SCAM?? by Dandsome: 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
namelesss:

My fellow Nairalanders, I am here to request for clarification on how to make use of the newly do not disturb policy initiated by the NCC. I decided to embrace the initiative immediately when the news broke to me by sending the keyword "STOP" to "2442". But to my surprise the unsolicited text messages and calls started flowing on my phone more than they used to be.
So please my dear friends, what is the right procedure to make those unwanted text messages and phone calls stop completely?
The confusing text message is

Dear Customer, to avail full Do Not Disturb service, sms STOP and to deactivate anytime full DND service send cancel to 2442. For PARTIAL services you wish to receive send PARTIAL to 2442

when I send the message again it replies with "you are already subscribed to the DND segment" somewhat means that I want more of the unsolicited messages. Its so annoying, they gave us false hope sad cry

Hope u typed ur words in capital letters
Re: Is Do Not Disturb To 2442 A SCAM?? by namelesss: 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
Dandsome:

Hope u typed ur words in capital letters

Believe me brodha, I did... The funny thing is both my Airtel and Glo sim cards are having thesame unsolicited text message after sending the STOP to 2442.

(1) (Reply)

TUC Rejects Proposed Increase In Data Tarrif / How To Delete Any Stubborn Virus From Your Android Device. / Top 6 Android Call Recording Apps For Smart Phone & Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.