Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,109 members, 7,939,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:37 AM

Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) (30462 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu's 2019 Presidential Posters Under APC Flood Umuahia(pics / Ikpeazu Gives Toyota Siena To A Female Commercial Driver In Umuahia (Pics) / Supporters Waiting To Welcome Uche Ogah In Umuahia(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by Grundig: 7:16am On Nov 25, 2016
I wonder how many people live in abia state as a whole. Let alone umuahia.

That mall will be operational during festive periods only.
Nonsense idea/project
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by nwadiuko1(m): 7:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Justicemy:
I was there today during the commissioning, what i saw was below standard of a real mall compared to what i use to see in enugu, it was just a magnified supermarket, and I have this hunch that very soon they will shut down due to low or no patronage, abia has failed ikpeazu you're a loser just suck it up
see bad belle
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by nwadiuko1(m): 7:22am On Nov 25, 2016
Justicemy:
this is a misplaced priority, that money could have been used judiciously to boost the economy and the development of umuahia metropolis, imagine a state capital that can't even boost of a single flyover or even a single company, lucky enough aba is a faction of abia, else Abia could have been the most backward state in Nigeria
so flyover dey boost economy?
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by Chukazu: 7:33am On Nov 25, 2016
Ovokoo:
Is there any plan for a mall to be opened in Aba cos i think this mall should have been built in Aba instead.

I find it highly shameful that some like Theo Orji will attend such an event. Do these people do some soul searching? He's supposed to ask himself why he couldn't pull off something like this while in power.

I think we got our priorities misplaced. what is so special about Shoprite, when did such become a parameter for development.. people go there to spend money and not to make money

if it is so important they can as well have one in umuahia and a second one in Aba.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by Chukazu: 7:45am On Nov 25, 2016
omoyowa:
All Southeast state now have shopping mall....
later d afonja state will tell us how they have booming and prosperous economy...

what do you know about SHOPRITE?
what do you know about shareholders and stakeholders of SHOPRITE? should be ashamed that someone is making money of your sweat and you are still blindly showing off

can you people just stop all this nonsense comparison?

5 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by AngryNigerian(m): 7:47am On Nov 25, 2016
MrEverest:
But does the masses even have the money to buy in this period of recession

Come there today...see what will happen!!

Recession kó, depression ni...mtschwww
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by bigpicture001: 7:58am On Nov 25, 2016
....the nigerian investment law stipulates that foreigners cannot go into retail trading,it is exclusively reserved for Nigerians in oder to sustain petty trade and reduce poverty,bt the lack of investment by our so called billionaires in sophisticated and modern super shopping mall Wich is gradually replacing the open market stalls have created an opening for international firms like shop rite and othees,now all our hard earned national income will b send as capital flight back to their parents company.cauaing d economy to further shrink..av said it b4; ayiri,emeka ofor,e-mony,all nigerian international footballers,author eze, and all of them shld stop stupid display of wealth as they are failing the nations,like I always say NIGERIA WILL NEVER DEVELOP.u ar in a dreamland if u think foreign investors will help u....i pity nigeria. and it's teem of deceived youth....

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by kingsman66(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2016
Kakamorufu:
na because of shoprite u dey talk like Dis. the number of shoprite in lag and Ibadan don pass the ones in south east. sha go snap and upload Your Own pic as you dey buy can coke

wailers every where even in my toilet.
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by Kakamorufu(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2016
kingsman66:

wailers every where even in my toilet.
see mumu oooo
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by omoyowa: 9:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Kakamorufu:
see mumu oooo

Na you be the father of mu.......I no talk oh!!!
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by naijamerican: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2016
freeDR:
Nice one. But I think such a project should have been sited in Aba, being the most economically viable city in the state.

Which road will person user to reach the store?
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by darfay: 10:27am On Nov 25, 2016
bigpicture001:
....the nigerian investment law stipulates that foreigners cannot go into retail trading,it is exclusively reserved for Nigerians in oder to sustain petty trade and reduce poverty,bt the lack of investment by our so called billionaires in sophisticated and modern super shopping mall Wich is gradually replacing the open market stalls have created an opening for international firms like shop rite and othees,now all our hard earned national income will b send as capital flight back to their parents company.cauaing d economy to further shrink..av said it b4; ayiri,emeka ofor,e-mony,all nigerian international footballers,author eze, and all of them shld stop stupid display of wealth as they are failing the nations,like I always say NIGERIA WILL NEVER DEVELOP.u ar in a dreamland if u think foreign investors will help u....i pity nigeria. and it's teem of deceived youth....

Lyk seriously guy nd the igbos are going to be the biggest losers at the end of the day because they control the retail trade in Nigeria as such shopping centre are the future of any developing country. When our retail sector is formalized nobody will patronise their road side traders but rather south African owned shop rite and the Nigerian wealthy are not taking advantage of this on going transformation of our retail sector

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by Kakamorufu(m): 10:57am On Nov 25, 2016
omoyowa:

Na you be the father of mu.......I no talk oh!!!
ode nyammiri boy
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by stevedre: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2016
freeDR:
Nice one. But I think such a project should have been sited in Aba, being the most economically viable city in the state.

umuahia is the capital but lacks allot of stuffs like this and you still want this one to be taken to Aba ? na wa for you oo
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by stevedre: 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ovokoo:
Is there any plan for a mall to be opened in Aba cos i think this mall should have been built in Aba instead.

I find it highly shameful that some like Theo Orji will attend such an event. Do these people do some soul searching? He's supposed to ask himself why he couldn't pull off something like this while in power.

umuahia is the state capital but lacks allot of stuffs like this and you still want this one to be taken to Aba ? na wa for you oo
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by stevedre: 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
Justicemy:
this is a misplaced priority, that money could have been used judiciously to boost the economy and the development of umuahia metropolis, imagine a state capital that can't even boost of a single flyover or even a single company, lucky enough aba is a faction of abia, else Abia could have been the most backward state in Nigeria

Youre absolutely spot on, a state capital that looks like a modern village and some selfish people still suggested this should have been built in Aba when they know Umuahia lacks allot of stuffs like this, worse part is Shoprite belongs to South Africans so at the end....They reap most of the profits.
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by chiefobdk(m): 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
Billyonaire:
Is it government owned ? Why would a governor commission a privately owned super market ?

government own the building and let it out...
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
darfay:

Lyk seriously guy nd the igbos are going to be the biggest losers at the end of the day because they control the retail trade in Nigeria as such shopping centre are the future of any developing country. When our retail sector is formalized nobody will patronise their road side traders but rather south African owned shop rite and the Nigerian wealthy are not taking advantage of this on going transformation of our retail sector

Igbos own

Ebeano
Next
Robans
And a host of others I can't remember.
So, when the chips are down, igbos will still dominate
Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by Jessam: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
OsunOriginal:
They don't commission farm plantations, factories, etc. All they keep commissioning is shopping plaza where imported goods are sold. Yeye people

So true they need to help existing farms get their produce into shoprites, make it some sort of condition that shoprite use at least 15% local content or locally grown produce. Jessam Cattle ranch & farms can for example supply eggs, chickens, beef and pork meat to shoprites based in the SE.

Wake up Nigeria foreign investment is great but ensure that the locals can benefit from the revenue generating aspect, Partner with local REPUTABLE firms, don't just make Nigerian citizens the cash cows of the foreign investors. WHAT IS IN OT FOR US...

I am happy to introduce jessam Cattle Ranch and Farms.

jessam cattle ranch & farms aims to be a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by ezeagu(m): 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
Aimless shopping malls everywhere.
Somebody really cursed Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) by basilo102: 2:49am On Nov 27, 2016
darfay:

Igbos own numerous modern retail outlets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu, Yoruba Leaders Meet Buhari In Aso Rock Over Killings In South West / UKRAINE: Reno Omokri Disagrees With David Hundeyin, FFK Over Racism / EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.