Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,347 members, 7,881,283 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:51 PM

How Important Is Estate Planning? How Important Is Estate Planning? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Important Is Estate Planning? How Important Is Estate Planning? (280 Views)

19 Buildings In Banana Island Sealed By Lagos Government Over Planning Permit / 5 Bedroom Detached Duplex With Bq, Lekki County Is Estate At Ikota School 85m / How Important Is Estate Planning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Important Is Estate Planning? How Important Is Estate Planning? by babyvoice1990(m): 8:57am On Nov 25, 2016
This article has been inspired by a true life experience concerning a brief I am presently handling for a client. This particular client came to me in respect of a dispute concerning the distribution of his father’s property that died intestate. The deceased had lots of landed property but failed to write a Will or instruction as to how the property is to be shared after his death. This dispute over the property has been going on for months and has caused a lot of “bad blood” between siblings and family members. It is therefore on this ground that I decided to write this article to educate and or refresh our memories on the benefits and need for a proper estate planning.

A lot of you reading this article will agree with me that you have not done the needful as it relates to the distribution of your estate when you are gone. Some of us need to update our Will and help our children and dependents live in harmony when we are gone. Some other persons are too spiritual and have refused to give this subject matter a second thought.

Legally, a person’s estate is everything he or she owns. But for the purpose of this article, I will refer to an estate as an area or an amount of land or property. Most Individuals put aside estate planning because they think....... Continue reading: http://www.ibejulekkilawyer.com/how-important-is-estate-planning/

(1) (Reply)

Flats To Let In Yaba / Best Bed Bug Services In Lagos / Be A Landlord This Christmas @ Ewekoro Phase 1, N 500,000 Per Plot .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.