Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,775 members, 7,875,931 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:52 AM

Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today (1149 Views)

Adeosun And Gwarzo Meet Reps, Refuse To Shift Grounds / SE Governors, Ohanaeze, Ekweremadu, Want INEC Not To Shift Anambra Election / Photos From Lai Mohammed's 64th Birthday Celebration Held Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today by bond007i(m): 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko has called on INEC to shift the Nov 26 Governorship Election on Moral grounds.

Mimiko in the press conference which was aired Live by AIT stated the following
1. How does INEC expect the PDP candidate, Eyitayo Jegede to rally round all Local Governments of the state in 24 hours
2. That the same INEC REC who oversaw the Edo Elections which was marred with a lot of anomalies has been posted to do the same in the Ondo state Election.
3. That, constitutionally INEC has up till January to conduct the Election as stated in the electoral act. (Election must be carried out at least 30 days to handing over).
4. That the PDP candidate has not been given the level playing ground to roll out his agenda for the state.

The Governor said he has no confidence in the Election which is to hold tomorrow, Saturday 26th Nov 2016. Mimiko added that the INEC is playing a script which was written by the people in power to impose a person (APC candidate) on the people of ondo state.

Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, in his emotional speech appealed to the people of Ondo state not to allow any form of manipulation of results should INEC decide to continue with the staged election.

A pressman asked Mimiko why he and his Candidate have not pulled out of the Election since they had no confidence in the Electoral process, Mimiko said he has no power to ask people of the state not to vote, but he could only point out the anomalies. Mimiko also added that he had met with Pres Buhari on three occasions- once on the plane and twice in Aso rock to voice his concerns.

He added that less than 24 hours to the election, the PDP party agents are yet to get the ID card from INEC.
Re: Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today by kcmichael: 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2016
Kama at work,u are a gonner

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today by ddippset(m): 1:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
lol, these PDP wailers and jokers keep acting like they would have agreed for the election to be postponed if they were in power and had this advantage. then again I say God I am so thankful. I never believed in my lifetime I'd see the day it would be the pdp wailing and crying about injustice in this country. God I am so thankful.
Re: Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today by bond007i(m): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
ddippset:
lol, these PDP wailers and jokers keep acting like they would have agreed for the election to be postponed if they were in power and had this advantage. then again I say God I am so thankful. I never believed in my lifetime I'd see the day it would be the pdp wailing and crying about injustice in this country. God I am so thankful.

LOLZ, guy you wicked o... I'm supporting AD candidate Olusola Oke!
Re: Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today by gebest: 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
i ask again, Mimiko shey na inec say make una party dey fight una sef. my people if una want make the election continue hit the LIKE button, but if una want make inec postpone am, hit the SHARE button.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today by sparrowkid: 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
The press conference should have been titled: Mimiko declares war on Inec and the people of Ondo State. The press conference is a coded way of giving go ahead to his thugs to forment trouble tomorrow. Looking at him from the press conference, it's glaring that he is definitely aware that tomorrow is not one of his victory days.

Ondo State people, be warned. Your governor has said he cannot guarantee your safety in tomorrow's election. "Ola a ro ki olomo kilo fun omo e".

Aabo oro.
Re: Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today by Elnino4ladies: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
The rich also cry...

Ntoor mimiko
Re: Mimiko Calls INEC To Shift Election In Press Conference Held Today by bond007i(m): 11:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
sparrowkid:
The press conference should have been titled: Mimiko declares war on Inec and the people of Ondo State. The press conference is a coded way of giving go ahead to his thugs to forment trouble tomorrow. Looking at him from the press conference, it's glaring that he is definitely aware that tomorrow is not one of his victory days.

Ondo State people, be warned. Your governor has said he cannot guarantee your safety in tomorrow's election. "Ola a ro ki olomo kilo fun omo e".

Aabo oro.

hmnn. very objective point of view... Its a possibility. PDP will do all they can... From his body language, he was angry and confused, and seemed desperate...

(1) (Reply)

Okada Riders Excited As Fayose Reaches Out To Them With Christmas Gifts(pics) / Another N’delta Militant Group Announces Resumption Of Hostilities / Is That An Agenda Of Islamizing Nigeria? -- Emir Of Kano Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.