Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,397 members, 7,888,272 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:37 PM

Memorable Ingenious Hacks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Memorable Ingenious Hacks (1145 Views)

Car Hacks From Lemon, Clothespin, Toothpaste...to Fix Smell, Crash And More / Memorable Posts Of 2017 Cartalk. / 8 Quick Car Hacks You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memorable Ingenious Hacks by connkg(m): 7:08am On Nov 26, 2016
Here again to learn from (and impress?) Ogas here (Gazzuzz, kingreign, mayor2013, Siena?, Ikenna?)
Anyway, I saved some money in this economy and want to share how. This is beyond DIY car servicing. This is money-saving in recession.
Here goes: I cleaned my air filter in soapy water with a toothbrush and dried it with compressed air. It looked so new!
Since I wasn't sure of the material it was made of, I didn't use any solvents.
Oya, please share yours. I'm waiting for (new) tyre hacks...
Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28am On Nov 26, 2016
I bought 3 michelin tokubor tyres produced in 2014 from tolu +234 817 119 8188, instead of brand new tyres.

4 Likes

Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by nurey(m): 9:58am On Nov 26, 2016
1. I had a leaking radiator while doing interstate and the mechanics didn't want to help, they wanted to charge me tooth and nail and also delay me. As a sharp guy, I bought #150 eggs that is 6, poured it into the radiator and l was fine for 400km+

2. Honda hala cold start. I needed to warm the engine, so I got a tin of milo, poured saw dust ignite the contraption and used a flat stone as cover, placed the shit around engine for 5mins or less pushed the car while kicking the ignition, car came alive like a new born pup.
Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by dhemmyhardy(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2016
nurey:
1. I had a leaking radiator while doing interstate and the mechanics didn't want to help, they wanted to charge me tooth and nail and also delay me. As a sharp guy, I bought #150 eggs that is 6, poured it into the radiator and l was fine for 400km+

2. Honda hala cold start. I needed to warm the engine, so I got a tin of milo, poured saw dust ignite the contraption and used a flat stone as cover, placed the shit around engine for 5mins or less pushed the car while kicking the ignition, car came alive like a new born pup.

@ 1 really. ........
Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by nurey(m): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2016
dhemmyhardy:

@ 1 really. ........

I saw it done in a Rambo movie back then and it worked for me but the radiator was condemned, had to flush the engine 4 times the car is an old cargo Honda hala you won't want to try it on an expensive ride.

Above all, the egg was nicely DONE
Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by diportivo: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2016
I'm currently at the brt shed to board the bus

Car is chilling at home

grin

1 Like

Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by connkg(m): 1:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Hian!
Just look at my expensive thread!
People trying to teach me to do mai shai ontop engine!
We have moved from recession to depression. I cannot comman be cooking upandan and block engine.
Oya, more hacks...(be like "ingenious" confuse some people angry
Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by nwolisar: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
Power steering was hard as as hell, My Bini Kazeem said, Oga d power steering pump don die & na 13k to change am, checked the spare parts mkt n twaz 9k last. In this recession Watched a few videos and saw how seafoam transtune was used to solve the issue, but ordering was hell. I jejely bought abro motor flush for 5H (the worst would be to change the pump) and added some qty and did as the video instructed. After 30mins of running the engine and turning d steering at intervals. Killed d engine and drained d fluid totally n replaced with recommended fluid, total cost 1,700 and dutty hands. Steering smooth and sleek now. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by tolulinks(m): 12:24am On Nov 29, 2016
nwolisar:
Power steering was hard as as hell, My Bini Kazeem said, Oga d power steering pump don die & na 13k to change am, checked the spare parts mkt n twaz 9k last. In this recession Watched a few videos and saw how seafoam transtune was used to solve the issue, but ordering was hell. I jejely bught abro motor flush for 5H (the worst would be to change the pump) and added some qty and did as the video instructed. After 30mins of running the engine and turning d steering at intervals. Killed d engine and drained d fluid totally n replaced with recommended fluid, total cost 1,700 and dutty hands. Steering smooth and sleek now. cheesy
On what car did you try this?
Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by nwolisar: 9:25am On Nov 29, 2016
tolulinks:
On what car did you try this?
2005 Camry Big Daddy
Re: Memorable Ingenious Hacks by connkg(m): 9:16am On Dec 21, 2016
So, weeks back I bought a digital tyre air pressure gauge online. I pumped-up the tyres at my roadside "vulcaniser's". I checked at home with my gauge...and none of my tyres was below 57psi!
I believe age and use have degraded the spring in many roadside "vulcaniser's" equipment. (I had checked with him, as I requested 40psi). I have let out air to my desired 30psi.
*DIY equipment keep increasing! Tools, scanner, gauge,air pump(?), compressor(?). Why should EVERYONE have to have everything?!

(1) (Reply)

A Hiance Bus Burning On Top of Ketu Bridge / I Have Problem With My Acura 2014 Mdx / Toyota Carina E And Honda Baby Boy Which Is More Preferable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.