Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,389 members, 7,913,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:24 PM

Account Of Stewardship As Rendered By: Rotr. Sen. Chukwunenye Maduabuchi Stanley - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Account Of Stewardship As Rendered By: Rotr. Sen. Chukwunenye Maduabuchi Stanley (427 Views)

Comr Adeleye Johnson Renders Stewardship Account to FUTMx 95Set Members / Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) Scholarship Research Program For Students / 2018/2019 Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Account Of Stewardship As Rendered By: Rotr. Sen. Chukwunenye Maduabuchi Stanley by Mafangelz(m): 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP AS RENDERED BY:
Rotr. Sen. Chukwunenye Maduabuchi Stanley
Aka “MAF” – Moving Aluta Forward
IMSU SUG Presidential candidate for December 2nd 2016 Election
---------------------------------
My beloved friends, family, members of various registered associations on campus; Rotaract Club of IMSU, Federation of Mbano Students - FOMSA, Okigwe Zone Students Association -OZOSA, staff and Management of Imo State University, I am very well pleased with this great opportunity to render my account of stewardship so far as a student activist and union leader in Imo State University Owerri on this day 26th November, 2016.
Firstly, I must appreciate my creator, the Almighty and everlasting King, my benefactor for the journey so far in student’s struggle as an alutarized comrade and also my mentors, principal officers of the University, immediate past and present DEAN of Faculty of Science, my amiable HOD’s in Faculty of Science, Staff advisers, my loving Lecturers across Faculties and fellow Imo Stars on campus.
For the benefit and encouragement of accountability and transparency among student leaders, I wish to say that I may not be the most zealous servant on campus but I believe my stake and selfless service in Imo State University so far has been consistent in all ramifications. In 2013, I gained admission to study computer science in this wonderful citadel of learning where I contested and emerged victorious as the class rep. I could remember vividly the manipulations and intimidation that followed up against my candidacy when tipped by my loving course mates to serve them as their class rep upon noticing my commitment and passion to ensure quality service is rendered to them.
As a class rep, my coming on board initiated a consistent dialogue and negotiation with the management of my department in ensuring our examination results for every academic semester were released immediately they passed senate approval as high rate of missing scripts in most courses including GSTs were reduced to the barest minimum in my class. This I believe was achieved by the special grace of God and as well my jovial and cordial relationship established with staff and management of the University especially Computer Science/Faculty of Science not just as a student but also a son of one of their pioneer staff in the University who served judiciously well and was loved across the campus before his demise.
With the maximum cooperation given to me by my course mates and lecturers, I ensured that we were serious with lectures and reduced extortion to zero minimum in the class. My level as at 2013 launched the finest communication network through designing a standard website forum for interaction for the students as they got every update on recent happenings directly to their various phones through bulk sms. This helped most especially during our examination period to reduce tension on impromptu changes. With the help and cooperation of my class mates, I also bought a mega Public address system which served all science students at my level during our lecture periods.
At the end of my service as a class rep for two academic sessions, the University in her 52nd senate sitting proscribed all students Union group as most student associations including class representatives, departmental and faculty associations, even the Students Union Government and some fellowships on campus were heavily affected. For the love and passion I have to ensure students are not unnecessarily intimidated, victimized and neglected in every corner on campus, I reached out to various past and present dogged comrades, proncipal officers and staff of the University who shared my worries and joined the struggle although a lot were staked but we fearlessly made success in our aluta struggle to ensuring that students have a voice on campus. On the 58th senate sitting, the management of the University officially reversed their resolution and the student associations were restored back on campus. This helped us to liberate the student’s internally generated revenue from the interference and coffers of the management back to the students.
Due to my activeness in the struggle, my appointment as the Chairman of the BRING BACK IMSU SUG FORUM saw to the restoration of our various student associations having achieved its aim without compromise, bias or betrayal as I served under my seniors who were with many years higher than me in class. This made my department and faculty leaders to unanimously request that I must represent the Faculty at the SUG legislative council.
Upon joining the Union Legislative council of the 15th republic, I noticed a cold war between two strong factions in the house which was gearing towards delaying our official inauguration and discharge of our duties and I moved immediately with comrades of like minds regardless varying interests and the caucus we pitched our tents within the house to reconcile the house for the inauguration to hold and for us to carry out our activities judiciously. Although our legislative council suffered a lot from the hands of the executive arm and initially lacked recognition from some members of the management who see the parliament as the voice of the students and a threat to most unfriendly policies on campus.
Regardless our shortcomings and challenges in the house, I returned to my constituency, the great Faculty of Science to give back the little within my personal reach as our parliament suffered lack of funding from the executive council. This saw to the laying of some projects including the donation of cartons of board markers to my faculty, rehabilitation and construction of brand new notice boards, attraction of brand new white boards in my department, attraction of new ceiling fans, construction of over two 6 x 4 anti cultism/prostitution/indecent dressing/hard drug bill boards cited at strategic points on campus, construction of a standard anti cultism awareness banner at the old etf, construction of sign boards for New Science Laboratory, Academic Staff Offices (ASO ROCK building) and lots more.
Due to my responsible commitment and responsiveness in the Union, I was nominated by the speaker of the parliament to represent the entire Faculty of Science in the 11 man committee extracted from the general house in the just concluded constitution review/amendment awaiting approval. Even in the committee, I made several inputs to the process including the co-sponsoring of the proposal from the senator representing Faculty of medicine, Senator Ahaneku Ekene aka HOT FM whose proposal demanded for a VICE PRESIDENT EXTERNAL in Orlu campus to ensure that everyone was carried along. This today has turned into reality as the office has been created in the student’s union government executive council.
We have held several closed door meetings with the management over issues relating with the students welfare including the NDDC Hostel and the facilitation of the newly built TETFUND hostel which will soon be furnished and made open to our dear female students to reduce the high demand of hostels which has led to incessant increment on their rents. Lest you forget, under the watch of this honorable republic, we achieved a laudable peaceful atmosphere during the just concluded second semester examination which has been very unusual comparing to previous second semesters.
This did not only end there as I aligned with my Faculty President after the Faculty election and with the love and mutual understanding we enjoyed among us, I gave my best for the Faculty association to have a smooth republic. For record purposes, under the administration of my loving and hard working Faculty president, we ensured there were no extortion from students in the faculty of science especially our then newly admitted students. Faculty of Science remains the only Faculty that collected very fair and non exorbitant dues from her newly admitted students and graduating students under my representation as an SUG senator representing my great Faculty comparing to other faculties in Imo State University. Due to my advisory roles to the presidency, the Faculty made a lot of tremendous changes which even extended to the donation of notice boards to the LLH building, brand new white boards to the OLD ETF and new science Lab respectively from Comr. Nwokeaka Promise led NASS administration.
As an active member of Rotaract club of Imo State University, I joined the leadership of Rotr. Comr Okpara Emmanuel T (PP) to ensure his tenure was a successful one through participating and contributing to most projects done by his administration. This did not die as a drowning fisherman as the next administration led by Rotr. Odu-obi Chidimma appointed me as the community service director. Upon my appointment, the quest to give effective humanitarian service was gingered as my tenure carried out numerous community service projects including the OPERATION KEEP CAMPUS CLEAN that was done regularly in collaboration with the SUG director of environment, the donation of mosquito treated nets, end polio projects, community sensitization and health care projects on health related issues and lots more.
For the humility, loyalty, love and Understanding I deposited to my SUG President and members of the executive council, I contributed my quota in facilitating the donation of the recent student’s union government aluta vehicle for the discharge of some emergency duties and rapid response especially relating with students security and welfare, the fight against intimidation from management of various hostels, incessant increment of house rents including EDDY SMART ROYAL SUITE, PRECIOUS HOSTEL, AYO KINGS HOSTEL etc.
A lot of Imo stars felt my little impact in issues concerning their security especially rising from their various alliances even at odd hours. Many frequently saw me in police stations especially when cases of massive and unwarranted arrests from security operatives occurs in our student alliances which most at times are mode of extortion on our fellow Imo stars. Recently, we are working very hard in collaboration with some alliance presidents through the office of the chief of staff, student affairs department Imo State Government house to ensure we attain a greater height in fighting insecurity in our alliances through the rehabilitation of our dilapidated roads and street lights that will enable free flow of security patrol vans.
I may not have remembered all that I have rendered as an unbiased and selfless service to my great Imo Stars, I may not have impressed all, I may not have sacrificed as much as expected but I believe that I have done my best as a student to restore hope that is gradually dying in active students Unionism and I will continue doing my best because I am proud to be an IMO STAR.
I urge those that I may have unknowingly stepped on their toes for the best interest of Imo Stars to forgive me and see it as nothing personal but a hard task that needed not to be compromised and see reasons to always make necessary inputs that will not only benefit their pockets and stomach as leaders but their fellow Imo stars and the University community at large. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
GOD BLESS IMO STARS!

#MAFNation
...Continuity and Sustainability redefined!
Moving ALUTA Forward…
Let the good work continue!

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Identifies Secret To Greatness / Why Do People Date? / Nairalanders Please I Need Ur Attention Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.