Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,856 members, 7,962,811 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:12 PM

How To Make Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Make Heaven (416 Views)

Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven / Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Heaven by eyiokotie(m): 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
HOW TO MAKE HEAVEN.

THE NARROW WAY

Matthew 7:14
[14]Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

In the last episode,we mediated on the BROAD way that leads to an enlarging Hell! And how to make Hell, you just needs to be yourself and strive for nothing.You don't compete to enter Hell.Be religious without God.Go to church but don't allow the teachings of Christ reform and transformed you.

But for making Heaven the reverse is the case.It requires a labouring to Enter, a striving , a fight but not as one that beateth the air.

To make Heaven requires two things...The grace of God and the willingness on our part to obey God through and through.The grace is sufficient for us all but the willingness and the desire to make heaven squarely lies on each of us.

One of the messages I grew up to meet in then church was the narrow message of the gospel .We were admonished as little children, "The road to Heaven is narrow". Heaven's gate is strait'..."You cannot carry heavy loads on the narrow way"... Even picture Almanacs and pictures rolls had this images presented to us as teenagers! The road to heaven is so narrow that MANY people cannot find it...but is there...only the serious minded can see it.

Am glad to read this verse to see that ,that has not changed though many have abandoned both the teaching and its way of life...Today, we are told in many church congregations to " carry all the wealth", "carry all the world" and carry all the women"(Www) and you will still be on the narrow road to heaven!God's Way cannot tolerate weights and loads of this world .This lessons we have not learnt them.We think God is a joker over these things...

Many have fallen on this narrow paths because of excess luggages.Others veer off at the junction of a marraige partner.All their consecrations were broken, scattered and violated!The couldn't listen to the voice of reason nor follow elderly counsels.They have pierced themselves through with many arrows!

Jesus is this WAY! The way to God is Jesus and Jesus is very narrow indeed.Jesus life and life style defines this narrow path to God and for making Heaven. So narrow that he refused to divide the inheritance between a certain brother in Luke 12.

Luke 12:13-15
[13]And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.

[14]And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?

[15]And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.'

The man said to Jesus "tell my brother to divide our father's inheritance with me"...what was wrong with that? Was that not legitimate? I was awe struck to read Jesus reply to him....

"WHO MADE ME A JUDGE OVER THEE AND THY BROTHER?

This baffled me!Who made you?Did you need to be made to do" this small job" of settling this simple matter?Are thou not the lord of all things and by thee all things consist?But no!Jesus refused to divide their inheritance between them because His father God didn't send him and commissioned Him for such things. He was narrowed to do only what his father sent him to do and only that he did! This is narrowness...

Am I narrow like that focusing on God's assignment for my life only?Avoiding what interest others and may have carried them away,unnoticed? Am i done with lessers things?Do I have a single eye for life and living?

Jesus would have wiggle his way into this family matter and "try to do something" to impress the crowd but not the Jesus of the Bible ! He sharply rejected the offer to sit on that seat to settle this family squabble. He took his stand. Must I disciple everyday?must I preach everywhere? Must everybody be my friend ? Must I wear and be adorned in every new fashion and style? Jesus drew the line!

This is what it means to be narrow...this is the secret to heaven and making heaven when am narrowed to the Tv channels I watched, friends I keep,where I go and what i eat!

Preparing for Heaven is a daily thing. Nobody shall enter Heaven by surprise.There is a price to pay, there is a labour to enter that place of rest.strive to enter admonished Jesus not on that day but on my choices ,desires and pursuits of today.

As I read my Bible I see the narrow way more clearly now, narrow gate ,with narrow men but only few over the years have ever found it.Narrow men who live narrowly, lived happily.Are you narrow minded on this matter or broad chested?

"A man's life consisted not in the abundance of what he possesses" but in the way he has so lived his life by converting his abundance into eternal rewards and blessings...not how much is gathered here but how much is gathered here is transferred up there!!!
The end one day, shall justify the means!

SELAH!

Hilary

ashikabe@yahoo.com
Re: How To Make Heaven by Splinz(m): 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Okay, how to make heaven. Good.

Now, where did you learn or heard that Christians will go to heaven? In other word, who told you that heaven is the reward of the saved

Discuss.

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Religion / Throwback Photo Of Pastor Oyedepo And His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.