Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,249 members, 7,887,708 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:38 PM

States Groan Under Debt Bondage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States Groan Under Debt Bondage (13052 Views)

First-time Senators, Reps Groan Under Biting Bank Loans / Fayose On FRESH 105.9FM Ibadan: "Ekiti Will Be In Economic Bondage Till 2036" / Lagosians Groan As Using Ojota Foot-bridge Becomes Difficult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by Nukualofa: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2016
Osun should be sold on OLX plzz
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by davidif: 8:47am On Nov 28, 2016
And this is why we need to stop federal allocation. You can't keep rewarding people with money when they have not been prudent with money.

1 Like

Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by Mrsukrgb: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2016
Una don steal money na
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by moyakz(m): 8:51am On Nov 28, 2016
Nukualofa:
Osun should be sold on OLX plzz
maybe lagos too.though not the state,bt their governors.
SELL THEM!
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by vRendoh(m): 8:51am On Nov 28, 2016
Na Wao o.....so no oilee no nageria.......all the shakara! cry
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by Funkybabee(f): 8:51am On Nov 28, 2016
pls what has fayose used that money for cuz I can't really say ooooo we all know aregbe done borrow everything tan patapata no money for another new governor too loot although he used some for infrastructure and it's not a new thing to be debtor even USA borrow money pass us jare
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by chigoizie7(m): 8:54am On Nov 28, 2016
Seriously?

There are good debt and also bad debt.

From the look of things, Lagos state is running on deficit I guess.

Well, wetin concern me?
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:55am On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
Aregbe gave Osun N200Bn+ in debt in exchange for questionable infrastructures that cannot influence the repayment of the debt in another 35 years.

If you talk, they will start pasting photos of few refurbished secondary schools to show for #200 billion debt

1 Like

Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by kinibigdeal(m): 8:56am On Nov 28, 2016
The debt profile in the North is worst than this. Fayose left 10billion naira in is first tenure without no single debt and met 78billion debt from Fayemi. I remember he said ''governor's should not borrow beyond their tenure'. Okonjo-Iweala already said it will take 35years for Osun to clear her debt. 345billion debt to Lagos shouldnt be a problem, Ambode can handle that
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:57am On Nov 28, 2016
XXLDICK:
I always say this, Lagos has never had a good Governor. Imagine a state with by far the highest IGR and a very high federal allocation with the highest debt.

Kudos to the northern governors for keeping a low debt profile despite having the lowest allocations and IGR

Eastern states too have some of the lowest allocations

2 Likes

Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by Disneylady(f): 8:57am On Nov 28, 2016
Funkybabee:
pls what has fayose used that money for cuz I can't really say ooooo we all know aregbe done borrow everything tan patapata no money for another new governor too loot although he used some for infrastructure and it's not a new thing to be debtor even USA borrow money pass us jare

At least his state is not on debtors' list
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:59am On Nov 28, 2016
AntiWailer:
Dangote lead Debtor's list but he is a Billionaire.

Lagos credit rating is good and infrastructure projects are ongoing.

While we know they will inevitably steal from the money they borrow,

Investing loan in infrastructure is a good idea.

Are you saying Lagos loans are commensurate with the added infrastructure?
Dude, fashola and tinubu finished that state.
The allocations and IGR could have taken care of all that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by Sibrah: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2016
AntiWailer:
Dangote lead Debtor's list but he is a Billionaire.

Lagos credit rating is good and infrastructure projects are ongoing.

While we know they will inevitably steal from the money they borrow,

Investing loan in infrastructure that can boost IGR is a good idea.

Fixed.
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:02am On Nov 28, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

If you talk, they will start pasting photos of few refurbished secondary schools to show for #200 billion debt
Those schools commissioned by PMB in Osun are PPP projects not Osun state projects, they only provided land.

1 Like

Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by ShootToKill: 9:08am On Nov 28, 2016
No wonder Afonjas from oshogbo want to die under one nigeria. They want to use the resources of the 5%ers they hate to clear their debt. After supporting Aregberascal to chop Amala with their commonwealth. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by mayowa1111: 9:09am On Nov 28, 2016
osun see wat Aregbesola use dere money for
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by adegeye38(m): 9:19am On Nov 28, 2016
XXLDICK:
I always say this, Lagos has never had a good Governor. Imagine a state with by far the highest IGR and a very high federal allocation with the highest debt.

Kudos to the northern governors for keeping a low debt profile despite having the lowest allocations and IGR
And what infrastructure does the north has?
And who told you the north has the lowest allocation?
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by ooshinibos: 9:20am On Nov 28, 2016
Atiku2019:
The South West and parts of South-South are said to be the highest indebted states in the country

South-South States with huge oil allocation? May God Save us all cry cry cry

how is God going to save you ..when he had already given you abundant natural resources to better your , why are you still pushing the buck to him , why now , why
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by NairaMaster1(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2016
Donlamzy:
And Aregbe is celebrating 6years in office, please what calls for celebration in his life?

Which party Aregbe belong sef? I think is PDP
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by deriod(m): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2016
Now for those who understands politics ,politics of character assassination has started against the southwest APC governors ,where is delta state in dis article, I don't give a Damn about politicians but its obvious we the Nigerian populace means nothing to this fools ,Nigerian youth stand up
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by Surfboard(m): 9:34am On Nov 28, 2016
Blame Fayemi's government solely for Ekiti's debt burden. He borrowed so much and the State has nothing to show for it.
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by SuperS1Panther: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2016
How can Osun State be owing over 200bn??

What infrastructure can Aregbe point to that is worth that amount?

The schools he is pointing to are FG funded schools through ETF and UBEC. The Ambulances were bought by Oyinlola, the school feeding prog started under Oyinlola, the waste trucks were purchased by Oyinlola.

I hope his sycophants can point to what he has really achieved in concrete terms.
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by XXLDICK(m): 9:47am On Nov 28, 2016
adegeye38:

And what infrastructure does the north has?
And who told you the north has the lowest allocation?
It depends on your definition of infrastructures...
Kano and Kaduna can compete with any state in the south save Lagos
The north has the lowest allocation relatively speaking.
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by XXLDICK(m): 9:51am On Nov 28, 2016
Disneylady:

At least his state is not on debtors' list
Ekiti is in serious debt mostly procured by the previous administration
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by XXLDICK(m): 9:53am On Nov 28, 2016
ShootToKill:
No wonder Afonjas from oshogbo want to die under one nigeria. They want to use the resources of the 5%ers they hate to clear their debt. After supporting Aregberascal to chop Amala with their commonwealth. grin grin
I'm sure you are Igbo, they won't use resources form the SE
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by ShootToKill: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2016
XXLDICK:

I'm sure you are Igbo, they won't use resources form the SE

Ok...but you will use that of Chibuike in Rivers and Ifeanyi in delta. No be so? grin
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by Kagawa10: 10:02am On Nov 28, 2016
emymeeky:
grin Afonja states are always leading in debt profile. It seems Ambode is spending beyond what accrues to the state to impress them.

Afonja and Bad leadership be like
Siamese twins

Borrow yourself a brain! This is SW media reporting on how SW states has fared so far. Our media aint Osu media that covers crimes and support corruptions!

1 Like

Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by mlanreh: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2016
omofunaab:

C'mon don't disgrace yourself.

You need to borrow to create infrastructures.
America's economy is one of the best in the world but they have a huge debt profile.

Dangote has huge debts but still the richest man in Africa.

Lagos state with his huge debts still has a better economy than your state.

If you don't borrow to create infrastructures, how then do you intend to improve on your IGR?

The Most important thing about debt is the ability to service it.

Most states in the south west are economically viable to service their debts .

Let me explain

Ogun state borrowed money to construct and expand roads in abeokuta, I mean roads with good drainage system not the roads i saw in the east without drainage ooo.

Now the roads have started generating money to ogun state through parking fees. Most of the buildings in the area has increased in value. So more money for government through property tax .

See, no financial institution will borrow you money if he is not convinced that your economy is viable enough to service it.

All business men borrow. If you an igbo trader selling wares and you want to make more profit, won't you borrow?

There's no crime in borrowing especially when you have a viable economy. only few states in Nigeria can do that. For instance how will a state like zamfara borrow huge amount of money when you don't have a viable economy in place to service the debts . Likewise ebonyi too.

That's why i keep telling people that most south west states don't depend on oyel money for development.. It's mostly foreign loans.

You mean all the abandoned roads by Amosu. get your self to Ogun state and you will see what I mean .
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by gbengaoa(m): 10:23am On Nov 28, 2016
When Aregbesola was taking bond, most are saying he has sense but I can recall that I said it that he has no sense, how can you take bond to facilitate projects that won't yield anything. I am just ashamed that EFCC is running after the wrong set of people cos of politics. The southwest governors should he investigated most especially osun state. The only project that I see in that state are the schools and a part of the osogbo township road no other project has been completed. Bonds are suppose to be for projects like industries and agriculture which would have effect on everyone in the state. For his greed and stupidity, the generations unborn will still have to pay to settle this debts. Short-sighted leadership.
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by megamank(m): 10:38am On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:

It is obvious that a new looting pattern has emerged in the SW. It entails borrowing against the projected allocations of your successor and looting the money through questionable projects. I call it preemptive looting.

This has been the trend in the last 4yrs......governor borrow huge money in name of projects. Allocation that will come in the next 10yrs cannot payback thereby plunging the state into long term debts.
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by omofunaab(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2016
mlanreh:

You mean all the abandoned roads by Amosu. get your self to Ogun state and you will see what I mean .

Am talking about roads in abeokuta metropolis.

I know we have lots of abandoned projects in ogun state
Re: States Groan Under Debt Bondage by XXLDICK(m): 11:02am On Nov 28, 2016
ShootToKill:

Ok...but you will use that of Chibuike in Rivers and Ifeanyi in delta. No be so? grin
they won't use that of your state.
FYI, I'm Igbo and coincidentally you mentioned my name up there grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Inaugurates APC Convention Committee In Abuja (Photos) / Nigerians Await APC’s Promised Restructuring Five Years After / Bishop Abraham Chris Udeh To PDP: Don't Allow APC To Manipulate 2019 Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.