Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,199 members, 7,887,496 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:44 AM

How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money (1005 Views)

She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League / How Can I Tell Her That What I Want Is "Friends With Benefits"? / Opinion: What Hustling Guys Should Note Before Dating Flashy/Materialistic Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money by bobbybrown007: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
I used to cringe and get angry whenever I heard or read aboutI used to cringe and get angry whenever I heard or read about how materialistic Nigerian ladies are, and how all they want is money. But I stopped as I grew older and started dating. Not because my brain matured into accepting such bullshit, but because I began to see things that justified the statement. - I saw my friend dump a boyfriend who was treating her so well just because he couldn't sponsor her birthday party. - A cousin of mine filled my ears with nonsense talks about how her boyfriend could not afford to buy her designers. Of course, she eventually dumped him for his 'poverty'. - I saw girls go into relationships just to financially drain the unlucky guys... by the way, this is prostitution. Although I had seen so many things already, I still didn't want to believe the stereotype till a friend of mine broke up an engagement because the young man who only just started working three months before, refused to take a loan of two million naira to sponsor a wedding of her taste.... which she thought was a taboo for her to contribute a penny to. ***** I couldn't get used to seeing girls from much poorer homes than I was spending like I wouldn't dare. These are girls who don't work, and whose parents can hardly pay their rents. These expenses were always courtesy of the men they dated.. I still find it strange, I don't know how they do it. How do these girls confidently walk up to a man who isn't their father to demand for things their fathers can't afford to offer them? Girls, how do you lot do it? Listen girls, these men are NOT responsible for you. If you want anything, work hard for those things. Stop depending on these men. Always remember that you cannot get everything you want, but you've got to learn to be happy and content with what you can offer yourself while you work harder for more. Financial independence is a non-negotiable prerequisite for gender equality. Demanding equality from a man who takes full responsibility of all your expenses because you have conditioned him to such is like eating your cake and still trying to have it. That's demonic. The fight against gender inequality will remain hampered as long as the average Nigerian woman remains comfortable with being financially dependent on a man, and as long as she thinks it is her right to be catered for by a man..... because he who pays the piper, dictates the tune.. But I stopped as I grew older and started dating. Not because my brain matured into accepting such bullshit, but because I began to see things that justified the statement. - I saw my friend dump a boyfriend who was treating her so well just because he couldn't sponsor her birthday party. - A cousin of mine filled my ears with nonsense talks about how her boyfriend could not afford to buy her designers. Of course, she eventually dumped him for his 'poverty'. - I saw girls go into relationships just to financially drain the unlucky guys... by the way, this is prostitution. Although I had seen so many things already, I still didn't want to believe the stereotype till a friend of mine broke up an engagement because the young man who only just started working three months before, refused to take a loan of two million naira to sponsor a wedding of her taste.... which she thought was a taboo for her to contribute a penny to. ***** I couldn't get used to seeing girls from much poorer homes than I was spending like I wouldn't dare. These are girls who don't work, and whose parents can hardly pay their rents. These expenses were always courtesy of the men they dated.. I still find it strange, I don't know how they do it. How do these girls confidently walk up to a man who isn't their father to demand for things their fathers can't afford to offer them? Girls, how do you lot do it? Listen girls, these men are NOT responsible for you. If you want anything, work hard for those things. Stop depending on these men. Always remember that you cannot get everything you want, but you've got to learn to be happy and content with what you can offer yourself while you work harder for more. Financial independence is a non-negotiable prerequisite for gender equality. Demanding equality from a man who takes full responsibility of all your expenses because you have conditioned him to such is like eating your cake and still trying to have it. That's demonic. The fight against gender inequality will remain hampered as long as the average Nigerian woman remains comfortable with being financially dependent on a man, and as long as she thinks it is her right to be catered for by a man..... because he who pays the piper, dictates the tune.

2 Likes

Re: How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money by Bamz555: 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
Time To Break My Silence.

Each time I try to keep silence my conscience won't let me be,just as I recall one that the man in me dies when I keep mute in the place of oppression.

Yes I used the word oppression here to justify the suffix on the unjust rustication of a 200L student of the prestigious university of Abuja my alma-mater by the disciplinary panel of the institution because he mobilised students for the peaceful NLC protest over the sudden increment of fuel pump price.

Peaceful protest is not a crime in any sane society and why would that of Ameh Destiny be different?

The likes of Late Obafemi Awolowo And Nnamdi Azikiwe Zik of Africa fought and protested for the liberation and emancipation of this nation and Africa students during the colonial era.

Segun Okeowo of this world also fought and led many struggle for the emancipation and liberation from the shackles of the oppressor.

I therefore call on civil society, human rights activist, union leaders both present and past, the leadership of National Association of Nigeria students national body led by Comrade Aruna Kadiri Nans Jcc Fct Axis led by Comrade Abubakar Yahaya M and other concerned comrades to rise and come to the rescue of this young man.

Amanga Awetu!

We Shall Not Relent!!

Okeke Nnaemeka Rolland
#WeDemandJustice

#BringBackOurDestiny
#BringBackOurDestiny
#BringBackOurDestiny

*BringBackOurDestiny*!
*BringBackOurDestiny*!!
*BringBackOurDestiny*!!!

The entire Unibuja students demand the reinstatement of Comr. Ameh Destiny or show Comr. Felix the exit door too.

1 Like

Re: How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
Not all Nigerian girls are materialistic. There are exceptions!
Re: How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money by Mekzyzeus(m): 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
Oh well... I honestly don't know how the materialistic ladies think! I keep on wondering "how they will address their male siblings should one stupid girl imposes her bills on them?". Why ask for what you and your family can't even afford ??
Re: How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money by Laveda(f): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
Another BS.

undecided I care less.
Re: How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money by makydebbie(f): 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
Bamz555:
Time To Break My Silence.

Each time I try to keep silence my conscience won't let me be,just as I recall one that the man in me dies when I keep mute in the place of oppression.

Yes I used the word oppression here to justify the suffix on the unjust rustication of a 200L student of the prestigious university of Abuja my alma-mater by the disciplinary panel of the institution because he mobilised students for the peaceful NLC protest over the sudden increment of fuel pump price.

Peaceful protest is not a crime in any sane society and why would that of Ameh Destiny be different?

The likes of Late Obafemi Awolowo And Nnamdi Azikiwe Zik of Africa fought and protested for the liberation and emancipation of this nation and Africa students during the colonial era.

Segun Okeowo of this world also fought and led many struggle for the emancipation and liberation from the shackles of the oppressor.

I therefore call on civil society, human rights activist, union leaders both present and past, the leadership of National Association of Nigeria students national body led by Comrade Aruna Kadiri Nans Jcc Fct Axis led by Comrade Abubakar Yahaya M and other concerned comrades to rise and come to the rescue of this young man.

Amanga Awetu!

We Shall Not Relent!!

Okeke Nnaemeka Rolland
#WeDemandJustice

#BringBackOurDestiny
#BringBackOurDestiny
#BringBackOurDestiny

*BringBackOurDestiny*!
*BringBackOurDestiny*!!
*BringBackOurDestiny*!!!

The entire Unibuja students demand the reinstatement of Comr. Ameh Destiny or show Comr. Felix the exit door too.

Oga you have been breaking silence since morningundecided

What's up?undecided
Re: How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money by Frankraj: 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
The issue is that most men are usually stupid . Come to think of it girls don't really force men to give them money .but the problem is that we the guys have failed to appreciate ourselves, one useless girl ask me to buy a her a new phone last week and I refused now my money is still intact with me.. this same useless girl keep begging me to buy her food whenever I come to her shop .this a girl that owns a botique ooh. Nigerian girls are so stupid and useless

1 Like

Re: How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money by Bamz555: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
makydebbie:

Oga you have been breaking silence since morningundecided

What's up?undecided
Na mistake oh�
Re: How Materialistic Nigerian Ladies Are, And How All They Want Is Money by FalseProphet1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
Can't you make use of paragraph, the way you compressed your article it's almost impossible to read. undecided

This I have seen.

(1) (Reply)

20-year-old Nigerian Guy Marries His 40-year-old Sweetheart.(pictures Added) / When Girls Market No Longer Sell, They Start Talking Of Marriage / The Right Way To Sit At Your Desk, According To Science (INSTRUCTIONAL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.