Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,257 members, 7,947,255 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative (974 Views)

Boko Haram:at Last Air Strikes Rains On Sambisa Forest / Boko Haram:at Last Air Strikes Rains On Sambisa Forest / A Comparative Analysis Of Nigerian Legislatorsā€˜ Earnings With Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative by Isuata: 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2009
i just finished watching AVATAR=the last air bender and wot struck me ws the symbolism of the ehnic nigerin situation nd the Nigerian state as whole.

for those who hav watched the 3 seasons, pls yur comments nd tots
Re: Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2009
dUDE, if you do not have a job, I suggest you get a hobby and fast. That you would, after watching Avatar, cook up symbolism of ethnic nigerian situation, I am convinced you could only be in desperate need of more intelligent things to do with your mind and time.
Re: Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative by Isuata: 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2009
@ kobo

it only cme at me wen i finshed reading the war of word on that thread wia mekus,yommyuk,sjeezy,etc wer warring on ethnicity superiority and stuff

dias some real symbolism dia, yu gotta admit
Re: Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2009
PLEASE desist from destroying the AVATAR story by comparing it with the Nigerian tribal situation, especially from the angle offered up by people such as those you mentioned above.
Re: Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative by Isuata: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2009
hehehehehehe

not from dia bigot point of view but from an outsider point of view

but yu gat to admit, it rily is saliently dia to see
Re: Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2009
Not it is not. What we have cannot in anyway be compared to the Avatar story at all.
Re: Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative by Isuata: 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2009
ok lemme giv you one wot we dont have now dat we need so much is the "airbender" and yu know why, hes n embodiment of all four nations; fire,water,wind and earth and he eventually united the nations wen he defeted the fire(tribal lord) wu was pursuin (to him a worthy vision).
in d avatar symbolism, every nation ws fighting for his turf nd nation but a select few of the white lotus were dedicated to cause of freeing the nations and so much themes to symbolise with
Re: Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative by saintneo(m): 10:09am On Nov 09, 2009
i laugh in northern-temple language.

Nigeria = Avatar world

who are the air-benders?

which xter is Avatar Roku? Cos we need to punish him, for leaving us in this state.

which xter is FireLord Uzai? When was d first commet? Which tribes represent the fire-benders?

more Qs coming?
Re: Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative by Isuata: 10:44am On Nov 09, 2009
you know i almost posted all those symbols and all
but when i think about ow crazy NL pple can be then i refrained from doin just dat

but twas jsut a tot dat came to mind after readin sooo many stuff on politics section of NL

some non-controversial symbols;

white Lotus Sect- dis symbol will be elite and fearless elders we have in the country from all tribes fighting to keep the world(Nigeria) sane and free
ex:NADECO of old,soyinkas.gani's and oda ones too

Avatar Roku: he exists in those past leaders dat have put us wia we are today

The new AVATAR- dis is a symbol we are presently looking for in Nigeria. An embodiment of all tribes and nations dat understands every nature
of all tribes and nations of dis Nigeria Nation.He sthe true Leader we seek in Nigeria.

i ll pause for now

(1) (Reply)

Fg May Stop Expansion Of Badagry Expressway / James Ibori Arrested In Dubai? / Breaking News: Gen. Azazi (rtd) Appointed National Security Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.