Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,428 members, 7,888,326 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

Huawei Y3 Lite Review - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Huawei Y3 Lite Review (730 Views)

Infinix-hot-4-lite-review / Huawei Y3 Lite Review: Specs, Price And Availability In Nigeria / Huawei Y3 II Hands On Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Huawei Y3 Lite Review by Technation: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
Before now, I had looked forward to reviewing this smartphone recently launched by Huawei, the global leader smartphone maker. I have finally, gotten access to the phone and am sharing with you some of my observations about the “great smartphone for the poor.” Yes, smartphone for the poor

When we are talking about very innovative and affordable smartphone for low-end users then, you have to start talking about Huawei Y3. The smart device which is not more than three months of launch in Nigeria is packed with full Android features as well as extended life battery which is a primary criterion for phone selection in Nigeria. Considering the price which could be as low as 23k, I can say it’s the cheapest comparing other smartphones with the same specification.

You can order on Konga now

Huawei Y3 smartphone runs on the Android operating system, which is currently the most popular platform on the market. EMUI, by Huawei, runs on top of Android on this device, offering a customized experience.

xy3c-feature-05-png-pagespeed-ic-fzub_ftovi

Specifications

Camera: 2 MP Rear /0.3 MP Front Cameras
Media Player: Yes
Talk Time: 9 Hours
Standby time: 220 Hours
Internal Memory: 4 GB Internal / 512 MB RAM. Expandable to 32GB via
MMS: Yes
Email: POP/IMAP4
GPS: Yes
Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
USB Out: Yes
3G/WCDMA: 850 / 2100 MHz
Wi-Fi: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes 4.0
4G LTE: No
Dimensions: 137 x 63.8 x 10.9 mm
Weight: 123.00 g
Main Display: 4″ WVGA touch screen

Design

I am impressed with the design. The Huawei Y3 Lite has style. Its matte finish, curved edges, and overall design give the phone some elegance and a good fit in hand. It is thicker than most with a lighter than average weight
The phone’s body is 122.60mm high, 63.80mm wide, and has a depth of 10.90mm, 23% thicker than an average smartphone.

With a weight of 120 grams, it’s one of the lightest smartphones for its size. The smaller battery capacity helps shave weight off of this device. Dimensions of the Huawei Y3 are 133 x 68 x 9.5 m while the weight is 153 g.

Display

The screen is rather small at 4 inches. It is LCD WVGA with 16 million colors and a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels or 233 ppl. The screen appears bright. For protection against scratches, the screen is coated with Corning Gorilla Glass.

hhh

OS, Processor, and Memory

OS for the Huawei Y3 is Android 4.4 (KitKat) with EMUI Lite as an interface. It is significant that the phone’s processor is quad core. Processor speed is 1.3 GHz while RAM is 512 MB. Internal memory is 4 GB, and there is provision for storage expansion through microSD of up to 32 GB.

The base model of the Y3 has 4GB of internal storage, which makes it a poor choice for storing multimedia. Fortunately, there are other storage size options, or you can cheaply expand its storage by as much as 32GB with a microSD card.

huawei-y3-640x400

Camera

I wasn’t expecting much in this aspect considering the prize. The Huawei Y3 Lite has two cameras; a 5 MP 2560 x 1920 p resolution at the back and a 2 MP 800 x 480 p resolution at the front. Camera features include video, digital zoom, face detection, HDR capture and smile detection. The Huawei Y3 has two cameras; a 5 MP 2560 x 1920 p resolution at the back and a 2 MP 800 x 480 p resolution at the front. Camera features include video, digital zoom, face detection, HDR capture and smile detection.

hhh-2

Battery

After a full charge, I discovered that the phone could last as much as three days probably because I didn’t download or use any application on the phone. On the other hand, after installing some essential apps for usage, I was able to use the phone for over 25hours. However, regarding battery capacity, which is the actual electric charge the battery holds, this phone can hold 1,730 mAh. It provides a 2G talk time of 6 Hours 40 minutes, 2G standby time of 280 hours, 3G talk time of 6 hours and 3G standby times of 280 hours. The phone has a super power saving mode through which users can get extra hours out of the battery. The battery is removable.

y3-lite

My Verdict

Pros

It is affordable for low end users
Good and elegant design
Low weighty smartphone
Good battery life
Face detection
Cons

Its expensive compared to infinix note 2 which is in the same price range.
The camera is not too good
Doesn’t run on Marshmallow
Re: Huawei Y3 Lite Review by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2016

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover Facebook Password Without Confirmation Code / Learn How To Buy Stuffs From Amazon, Walmart, Bestbuy And Other Sites (carding) / How To Transfer Facebook Page Ownership To Another Account 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.