Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,155 members, 7,939,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:44 AM

Cityhood -Not for me.? - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cityhood -Not for me.? (10785 Views)

Dont Fall Victim to Cityhood. His New Moniker On Olx Is "Jay" / Forgive Mr Cityhood / Please Where Is Mr. Cityhood ? 2 Days Am Not Seein His Adverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by uzuz(f): 11:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
bizzle2:

You still owe me a heavily worded apology, miss sugar mummy

I hereby use this medium to tender this heavily worded APOLOGY to this birds of, l mean to you bizzle2. grin
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by bizzle2: 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
uzuz:

I hereby use this medium to tender this heavily worded APOLOGY to this birds of, l mean to you bizzle2. grin
Apology Accepted,
You may carry on with your sugar affairs. You are comprehensively insured. cool
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by HazzanTazzan(m): 12:21am On Dec 31, 2016
uzuz:

Everyone can't be like you Alimi...

kiss
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by diportivo: 8:15am On Dec 31, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Chai...

I wish everyone was like me ...
I saw a cute Nissan Altima on jiji website while I was looking buy my first car after making some cash from Fiverr works...
I called the guy, headed straight to Lagos ... Got a friend who gave me his mechanic ...
We went to inspect and I made the guy drive me down to Abeokuta in the car ...
Lodged him in a hotel and the next morning, I took him to the bank to pay him....

That's how to buy a used car
grin

Hmmmm......wise one,

So u go enter berger go buy car come dey carry dealer go lodge for hotel in Abeokuta??

Na desperate naija used car seller fit dey do all that one

"Sha let me prove its drivable so he pays"

Its even dangerous sef..he know d working of the car,he know all the tricks.Ofcos he will take u to Abeokuta easily.na afta he don go u go sabi how d car dey grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2016
diportivo:

Hmmmm......wise one,

So u go enter berger go buy car come dey carry dealer go lodge for hotel in Abeokuta??

Na desperate naija used car seller fit dey do all that one

"Sha let me prove its drivable so he pays"

Its even dangerous sef..he know d working of the car,he know all the tricks.Ofcos he will take u to Abeokuta easily.na afta he don go u go sabi how d car dey grin

Well u know the car I'm talking abt sef...

The only problem it had was noticed before I bought it and I consulted you on it...

Turned out it was a fuse under the dashboard that was causing the hard start ...

The moment my Rewire got to it and fixed it, no more hard start since then till date...

I'm thinking of going to rebake the car now make e clean again small
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2016
I don't know cityhood personally, but I think it will rather be so unfair to call him a scammer.
Not every deal or sale end up smoothly.
And the fact that two, three deals went bad does not mean dealer is fraudulent.
Cityhood has been selling cars on this platform for over 3 years now and we have never heard of complaints until recently.
At a point cityhood was nauralands' no 1 most trusted car dealer.
He might not be well educated to come put up a defense on these allegations or convince nairaland auto section members as the damage to his name, brand and business has already reached an irredemmable stage, but with the little I know of this guy- I think he doesn't deserve this treatment ya'll are giving him.
There are associated risks buying stuffs online-one of which is, you won't have a feel and sight of what you want to buy until it gets delivered. I bought an infinix phone last year on jumia during black Friday. I unboxed the phone personally and gave it to my bae as a gift. The issue with the phone started with the battery, which did not last for even 3 hours with data on. Many other customers have also been complaining about jumia products as well... That does not mean jumia is a fraudulent company or all their products are bad.
And if cityhood decides to migrate to another platform to continue his business having had his name and business smeared with dirt here should be nobody's business.
He has never hidden his identity, his picture, phone number, business name and office address is always on his adverts. A deal gone bad would have been better resolved through a visit to his office for a better negotiation.
Putting up threads like this with all the name calling is totally uncalled for.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by memeluv(m): 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
dirtymoney:
Many other customers have also been complaining about jumia products as well... That does not mean jumia is a fraudulent company or all their products are bad.
This post appears promotional for real. Your case with the infinix phone and jumia experience is quite different from what's reported here.

Out of 500 products produced by a reputable company, 4 to 5 of them could be bad, hence the provision of re-call and after sales support. The problem you noticed within few days from the phone can be remedied by returning same to Jumia or by visiting Infinix experience store for warranty claims.

For these users to report here means that they have been shopping online long enough. The issue here is outright deceit and fraudulent practices by cityhood.

Lying about products to sale them at ridiculous prices. If anyone wants a scrap, they can get many of them in mechanic shops scattered all over the country. I think he'll be able to learn the importance of disclosure in his future transactions.

He never showed up, even if it's to use the wack 'English that could sell stuff, but not resolve user's complaints'. No body would complain about the English, it's not our mother's tongue anyways.

4 Likes

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by musco4me: 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
dirtymoney:
I don't know cityhood personally, but I think it will rather be so unfair to call him a scammer.
Cityhood has been selling cars on this platform for over 3 years now and we have never heard of complaints until recently.
He might not be well educated to come put up a defense on these allegations or convince nairaland auto section members as the damage to his name, brand and business has already reached an irredemmable stage, but with the little I know of this guy- I think he doesn't deserve this treatment ya'll are giving him.
There are associated risks buying stuffs online-one of which is, you won't have a feel and sight of what you want to buy until it gets delivered. I bought an infinix phone last year on jumia during black Friday. I unboxed the phone personally and gave it to my bae as a gift. The issue with the phone started with the battery, which did not last for even 3 hours with data on. Many other customers have also been complaining about jumia products as well... That does not mean jumia is a fraudulent company or all their products are bad.
And if cityhood decides to migrate to another platform to continue his business having had his name and business smeared with dirt here should be nobody's business.
He has never hidden his identity, his picture, phone number, business name and office address is always on his adverts. A deal gone bad would have been better resolved through a visit to his office for a better negotiation.
Oga I buy things from konga and if it has issues, yr given 7days to return it. I dnt knw Hw Jumia operates. If you HV noticed that the phone u bought was bad, u would HV returned it.
Stop supporting a criminal who sell dead cars as tokunbo. If u are one of this ppl that bought a dead car for 2m naira, I dnt think u will be here writing this.

3 Likes

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by freeman67: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2016
[quote author=dirtymoney post=52421583][/quote]

I see your post as encouraging negativity.

It is true that not every deal done could be successful and it is also true that he might not be well educated enough to type a very convincing post in self defense but looking at the pattern of about 6 complains in Nairaland auto section and about 1 or 2 persons in between this thread that would rather nurse their wound in private, you would see that he is into shady deals and has perfected the art of selling dead cars as good grades to his customer.

Trust they say is a burden... If you can't carry the burden, do not build it. Displaying his name and pictures everywhere seem to a tactic to convince people.

Using Jumia as an example, I can tell you that it is not everyone trust. Even at that once issue in business is escalating and the customer is not ready forget they find a way of appeasing the customer to protect their brand.

In this mans case, evidences on the threads opened against him shows that he is not ready for any solution apart from trying to delay them from returning the car then turn around to say they been enjoying it.. that they should instead come and keep it till he sees a buyer..Even at that he would want to sell them very exorbitant.

His Jazz has refused to work on the first man that opened the thread and very soon he may be arrested for it.. If he truly want to see peace and deal in that his shop peacefully,
He should either make refund or share loss where possible...Cityhood is not suppose to be bank of no return.

1 Like

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by uzuz(f): 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2016
dirtymoney:

You mentioned infinix sold by jumia - You unboxed the phone personally (making it a brand new SEALED phone).

if you purchased something from jumia, whether it is used or brand new (they always describe what they sell btw) You can contact them for a replacement or a refund if it happens that what you received had issues within a certain period of time. If jumia KNOWINGLY conceal issues with items that they sold; and you get the item to see that it is different from what was described or advertised, then they are SOLELY liable to either REFUND OR REPLACE. It is now upto Jumia to take it up with their supplier - Jumia do NOT sell their own branded goods but that of other brands and so can only display what they have, it is upto you to let them know what you purchased as brand new (sealed which they would not have known was faulty) is rather faulty. so your comparison here does not have any ground.

cityhood KNOWINGLY concealed faults in the vehicle; provided false information about the vehicle; took the money and then delivered a messed up vehicle which does not in anyway attain its purpose. All he did was apologise to me and l guess that settled it for him.
He sold this vehicle to me as a tokunbo that belonged to him and on the same day that it was brought down to me was when l told him the vehicle is a mess (this was 3 days after paying him) I said I did not want the car and pointed out many things he concealed about the vehicle; all he did was apologise. The vehicle has not been registered to me, all there was to put me as the owner was the receipt he wrote out to me; so if he was a genuine person, what stopped him from asking the same guy that brought it down to take it back with him while he returns my money even if he had to deduct the logistic expenses. As he so much believed that the vehicle was/is in top shape!

You said he lacks good english; we did not speak yoruba before I bought the car Oga, he spoke good english, so trying to make it an educational matter for his inability to defend his name is another blunder. I gave him about 4weeks to come back to me which he failed to do, in everything - I said 'ok' when he said he was sorry and apparently that should have settled it and he is 2m richer while I am left with a photogenic car.

3 Likes

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by princetom1(m): 12:47am On Jan 01, 2017
uzuz:

You mentioned infinix sold by jumia - You unboxed the phone personally (making it a brand new SEALED phone).

if you purchased something from jumia, whether it is used or brand new (they always describe what they sell btw) You can contact them for a replacement or a refund if it happens that what you received had issues within a certain period of time. If jumia KNOWINGLY conceal issues with items that they sold; and you get the item to see that it is different from what was described or advertised, then they are SOLELY liable to either REFUND OR REPLACE. It is now upto Jumia to take it up with their supplier - Jumia do NOT sell their own branded goods but that of other brands and so can only display what they have, it is upto you to let them know what you purchased as brand new (sealed which they would not have known was faulty) is rather faulty. so your comparison here does not have any ground.

cityhood KNOWINGLY concealed faults in the vehicle; provided false information about the vehicle; took the money and then delivered a messed up vehicle which does not in anyway attain its purpose. All he did was apologise to me and l guess that settled it for him.
He sold this vehicle to me as a tokunbo that belonged to him and on the same day that it was brought down to me was when l told him the vehicle is a mess (this was 3 days after paying him) I said I did not want the car and pointed out many things he concealed about the vehicle; all he did was apologise. The vehicle has not been registered to me, all there was to put me as the owner was the receipt he wrote out to me; so if he was a genuine person, what stopped him from asking the same guy that brought it down to take it back with him while he returns my money even if he had to deduct the logistic expenses. As he so much believed that the vehicle was/is in top shape!

You said he lacks good english; we did not speak yoruba before I bought the car Oga, he spoke good english, so trying to make it an educational matter for his inability to defend his name is another blunder. I gave him about 4weeks to come back to me which he failed to do, in everything - I said 'ok' when he said he was sorry and apparently that should have settled it and he is 2m richer while I am left with a photogenic car.

Madam, stop using ur time to reply to some ............ jeeeeezzz

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by cosade(m): 1:26am On Jan 01, 2017
dirtymoney:

Criminal Code Act-Part VI
Section 419
Any person who by any false pretence, and with intent to defraud, obtains from any other person anything capable of being stolen, or induces any other person to deliver to any person anything capable of being stolen, is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years.

Probably you're not aware that obtaining money under false pretence is a criminal offence. This is commonly called 419 in Nigeria, a crime named after the number of the section in the Criminal Code, stating this type of fraud.

Cityhood actually obtained money under false pretence, selling cars used in Nigeria as Tokunbo, lying about the cars' mileage etc.

He is nothing, but a fraudster.

6 Likes

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by uzuz(f): 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
princetom1:

Madam, stop using ur time to reply to some ............ jeeeeezzz

I won't... I promise grin New Year Resolution
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by princetom1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
The fact that there are several people with same complain about cityhood means, the police could invite him for questioning and prosecute him, why dont someone take the initiative to prosecute him, there is more than enough evidence against him . He has breach alot of business rules. And there are countless witness on nairaland here. This guys should contact each oda and comes out with resolution on how to prosecute him and get their money back. U bought last year or this year isn't a barrier
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by shotuns: 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
@Cityhood, wherever you are, where ever you hiding, we coming for you. You can't hide anywhere on this planet ,we will get you.Believe it or nor. You have exceeded your ultimatum and enough is enough unless your repent by refunding those you scammed either by cash or by product. Your days are numbered. And to other car dealers on nairaland who enjoys defrauding others on their hard earned money, this is a lesson for you.Your time will come.
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by princetom1(m): 9:11pm On Jan 01, 2017
princetom1:

What happened inside bmw x3? Marriage? Toasting? Making babies? Or murder? Expantiate madam

Now we know what happened inside BMW x3 that madam bought cheesy
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by uzuz(f): 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
princetom1:

Now we know what happened inside BMW x3 that madam bought cheesy

Guess out of your instances, l will choose pre meditated muda!
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by seunfly: 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
God!!! Why is it difficult to do business with average Nigerian based on trust without having issues?
From my experience I v noticed you have to be at high alert whenever you are transacting business deal with a Nigerian even if he or she is your friend. God will safe us.

Sorry for generalising this but I can't just help it.

1 Like

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by itunesgiftcard(m): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
seunfly:
God!!! Why is it difficult to do business with average Nigerian based on trust without have issues?
From my experience I v noticed you have to be at high alert whenever you are transaction business deal with a Nigerian even if he or she is your friend. God will safe us.

Sorry for generalising this but I can't just help it.

Especially when it involves money one has to be very very careful
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by Alanzazani: 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
i hate scammers. this guy is just a plain dubious criminal. i was almost a victim. that is what is annoying me. as we even sure the guy dosent steal cars change them or love-vendor them as he says and sell? or he just looks for scraped or badly salvaged vehicles and sell.
on his whatsapp page he is busy diplaying his bae and thanking her for sticking with him when he had nothing. also thanking God for bringing him this far by scamming people. Na to track that guy down for kd if he had duped me set him up with a buyer when he shows up i go make am know say i hold ground scatter for kd
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by princetom1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
uzuz:

Oh no! sad Who wrote this story, this supposed to be a love story with the last part being *happy ending* but i guess Cityhood wrote it, he probably like horror movies
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by princetom1(m): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
Alanzazani:
i hate scammers. this guy is just a plain dubious criminal. i was almost a victim. that is what is annoying me. as we even sure the guy dosent steal cars change them or love-vendor them as he says and sell? or he just looks for scraped or badly salvaged vehicles and sell.
on his whatsapp page he is busy diplaying his bae and thanking her for sticking with him when he had nothing. also thanking God for bringing him this far by scamming people. Na to track that guy down for kd if he had duped me set him up with a buyer when he shows up i go make am know say i hold ground scatter for kd

U guys should do the needful now, let him face the law...
uzuz:

Madam, what are u going to do with the scrap metal cityhood called bmw? You are sure he isn't gonna do anything about it now, what's next?
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by symbianDON(m): 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
the most annoying and worrying part of this whole thing is that this guy, cityhood, is surreptitiously following all the threads about him without as much as being genuinely remorseful! that isn't fair and it doesn't show he is repentant. in the end, cityhood may get much more than he ever bargained for if he isn't careful.
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by davodyguy: 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
Reminds me of certain criminal called inspired m
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by uzuz(f): 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
princetom1:

U guys should do the needful now, let him face the law...

Madam, what are u going to do with the scrap metal cityhood called bmw? You are sure he isn't gonna do anything about it now, what's next?

You want am? cheesy
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by valarinz: 7:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
HazzanTazzan:

Chai...

I wish everyone was like me ...
I saw a cute Nissan Altima on jiji website while I was looking buy my first car after making some cash from Fiverr works...
I called the guy, headed straight to Lagos ... Got a friend who gave me his mechanic ...
We went to inspect and I made the guy drive me down to Abeokuta in the car ...
Lodged him in a hotel and the next morning, I took him to the bank to pay him....

That's how to buy a car
grin

For your mind, you too sharp abi, all cos u met an over-desperate nigga who wants to sell a car

So, if all dealers start driving people to their destination to prove vehicle status, they'll still be in biz abi, come my side, even from ikeja to ojota, them no born you to drive my car, as if na dollars u wan pay

FYI, even if a car i know so well has issues and i sabi the car wella, ill drive you in it to sokoto and collect my cash and take my leave, na when you fully take over you go know say oversabi no good

1 Like

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by uboma(m): 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2017
hmm!
Just read the account given by uzuz. This is really sad indeed.
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
valarinz:

For our mind, you too sharp abi, all cos u met an over-desperate nigga who wants to sell a car

So, if all dealers start driving people to their destination to prove vehicle status, they'll still be in biz abi, come my side, even from ikeja to ojota, them no born you to drive my car, as if na dollars u wan pay

FYI, even if a car i know so well has issues and i sabi the car wella, ill drive you in it to sokoto and collect my cash and take my leave, na when you fully take over you go know say oversabi no good

Oga whatever u like, u can do...
If u like, behave like Mumu and send ur money to a dealer and sit down at home expecting a buy and drive car as agreed with the dealer ...

I only explained what happened in my case and it worked for me...

Suit yaself

1 Like

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by Gramondhigh(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
making this idiot too popular than obama
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by valarinz: 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
HazzanTazzan:

Oga whatever u like, u can do...
If u like, behave like Mumu and send ur money to a dealer and sit down at home expecting a buy and drive car as agreed with the dealer ...

I only explained what happened in my case and it worked for me...

Suit yaself

How can i do the bolded when i'm a dealer selling cars too oga, i only replied your comment cos its just so embarassing, so, your solution to car buyers to avoid scam is to look for sellers who will drive with you down to your destination abi, and you believed you've made a very smart comment, oya, let me be the mumu, you wey smart, keep on searching for dealers that will drive you to your state before collecting cash

tnx
Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:09am On Jan 04, 2017
valarinz:

How can i do the bolded when i'm a dealer selling cars too oga, i only replied your comment cos its just so embarassing, so, your solution to car buyers to avoid scam is to look for sellers who will drive with you down to your destination abi, and you believed you've made a very smart comment, oya, let me be the mumu, you wey smart, keep on searching for dealers that will drive you to your state before collecting cash

tnx

I can see you truly lack comprehension...

So the mere fact that I stated what happened like that in my case means I want everyone to do that?

If u still can't comprehend, I will help you...

My post was just to state that every car buyer needs to go inspect what he or she wants to buy...

The additional statements abt how the seller drove me down to Abeokuta was just additional and to show how serious the case of inspecting a car is before buying...

I guess I e helped u enough...

1 Like

Re: Cityhood -Not for me.? by pacino26(m): 3:55am On Jan 04, 2017
davodyguy:
Reminds me of certain criminal called inspired m

That drinks Moet from a sealed bottle cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2014 Model Toyota Highlander Xle Toks Full Option / AMAZING...C-class For jst 420k Call 08052857066 / SOLD: Few months used 2017 Lexus LX570 Supersport @ 38m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.