Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,968 members, 7,909,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 09:17 AM

Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men (18412 Views)

She Became Unattractive To Me Because She Is Fat / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Ladies Are Ill-mannered / Of Course Many Nigerian Girls Look Unattractive Without Make Up And Fake Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by TheSeeker(m): 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
Oyinda don come with her mathematically theoretic solution to ethnic and racial divisions grin
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by oyinda3(f): 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
paddy_lo:

If u say in america i say maybe,though not always, but if u say Nigeria,i say never, hell even my uncle on his dying bed last year sent me a message never to marry a white girl,Nigerian culture still prefer their own kind,

Good summary,though i suspect quite a few people on here dont quite know it yet,perhaps they will learn the hard way

Yea I'm talking about in America.
In Nigeria, it will be the opposite. Nigeria is a patrilineal culture where the men hold more power over the women. so if americans came to nigeria, the nigerian women will be the ones chasing after the white men. and this is true with many settler white societies in Africa such as in kenya where it is more preferable for the african women to marry the white men.

in the US, esp the longer they stay, the women have more power so it is the men that will be marrying the americans.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by Outstrip(f): 11:31pm On Nov 10, 2009
this thread got really busy
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by oyinda3(f): 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2009
TheSeeker:

Oyinda don come with her mathematically theoretic solution to ethnic and racial divisions grin

there is no mathematical here o lol. just theoretical. and i think it makes sense.  tongue
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by SEFAGO(m): 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
Oyinda don come with her mathematically theoretic solution to ethnic and racial divisions

I was think wtf when i was reading the post too. But seriously I dislike it when black males/nigerian/african males insult black women- considering the fact that these women are their mums/sisters/daughters.

take a look at the white women black men in general tend to date: ugly, fat, sluttish looking/behavior. this isn't really what you would call attractive. so no i don't think it's physical attractiveness that's the factor. it's race. an unattractive white woman will be seen as more preferable to date than a similarly unattractive black one.

I hear this a lot but I never see it. Where I am I rarely see Interracial relationships- but the ones i see the white girl looks like a model and the guy is around average . Then most of the girls in my area are fine and can dress to the nines- regardless of race. Oyinbogju should see some of the nigerian girls- sadly they won't notice him at all.

I cant state anything about nigerian women in general. Nigeria is a poor country and our men and women have to do with what they have. Most nigerian men I have met in the US who are not from rich families dress in the same bush way- ugly suit/cheap looking shirt- its all a class issue mate.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by NegroNtns(m): 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2009
@post,

what do you consider attractive?  what yardstick are you using to evaluate our fine beautiful sisters?
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by oyinda3(f): 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2009
SEFAGO:

I was think wtf when i was reading the post too. But seriously I dislike it when black males/nigerian/african males insult black women- considering the fact that these women are their mums/sisters/daughters.

I hear this a lot but I never see it. Where I am I rarely see Interracial relationships- but the ones i see the white girl looks like a model and the guy is around average . Then most of the girls in my area are fine and can dress to the nines- regardless of race. Oyinbogju should see some of the nigerian girls- sadly they won't notice him at all.

I cant state anything about nigerian women in general. Nigeria is a poor country and our men and women have to do with what they have. Most nigerian men I have met in the US who are not from rich families dress in the same bush way- ugly suit/cheap looking shirt- its all a class issue mate.

lol @ wtf tongue it's ok if u don't get my theories

ok. so you say you rarely see IR. where I live, I see it all the time and i'm speaking from experience. personally know two separate guys who dated really pretty black girls (one of the guys was really cute and the other was ugly but they both dated pretty black girls) and then they broke up and both guys dated white girls. tell me why those white girls were fat and ugly. why would you go from dating a pretty girl to an ugly one? it really surprised me. my theory is that the girls asked them out and they obeyed or something. because i don't see how else it would have happened.
and it's generally like that even though there are exceptions.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:48pm On Nov 10, 2009
@OYINDA

SINCE WE HAVE EMIGRATE TO THEIR COUNTRY, THEN WE NEED TO SUCCUMB TO THEIR LAW,

IF NA WOMAN HOLD POWER THEN LETS RESPECT THE POWER-HOLDER.

IF OUR OWN DEAR COUNTRY PROVIDE US WITH WHAT WE NEED , WE HAVE NO EXCUSE BEING HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by TheSeeker(m): 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2009
oyinda.:

lol @ wtf  tongue it's ok if u don't get my theories

ok. so you say you rarely see IR. where I live, I see it all the time and i'm speaking from experience. personally know two separate guys who dated really pretty black girls (one of the guys was really cute and the other was ugly but they both dated pretty black girls) and then they broke up and both guys dated white girls. tell me why those white girls were fat and ugly. why would you go from dating a pretty girl to an ugly one? it really surprised me. my theory is that  the girls asked them out and they obeyed or something. because i don't see how else it would have happened.
Oyinda, some people don't and can't classify what's beautiful from what's not. And dare I tell you that not a lot of people are concerned with the looks, yes, different strokes for different folks - some might be attracted to looks while some aren't, some have particular things they fall for in women.

Dating  a woman from different race even if she's fat and ugly depends on what you see or what possibly triggers your fancy but I'm sure they have their reasons and that's not because they hold any sort of power. Most times it's due to the fact that you think you want to try something new and find out what you can come up with
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by paddylo1(m): 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2009
Y
Yea I'm talking about in America.
In Nigeria, it will be the opposite. Nigeria is a patrilineal culture where the men hold more power over the women. so if americans came to nigeria, the nigerian women will be the ones chasing after the white men. and this is true with many settler white societies in Africa such as in kenya where it is more preferable for the african women to marry the white men.

in the US, esp the longer they stay, the women have more power so it is the men that will be marrying the americans.

Miss i think your theory is all over the place and is based on too much generalization,honestly most africans,and black americans i know are married to themselves,now hope u are not confusing the chase with marriage, yea black dudes do sample white chicks specially in college,but most times when it gets to marriage they marry other black
now in naija i never heard of no naija girl chasing white man to marry,maybe to chop his dollars yea but not marry

I say that black guys here that marry white,just got issues, and i doubt that in the U.S women hold more power,its still a mans world here,4get what u heard,

for example, with asian race, the men hold more power and are head of households so the women will tend to marry into the host culture.
with AA, the women hold more power and are head of households so the men will tend to marry into the host culture.
with africans i think the youths are similar to AA. most guys on here are youths.

this just dont make no sense,how bout latinos, i dont see no peutorican or mexicans in philly running to marry no white chick,for the most part they stick to themselves,same with most blacks and africans here
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by oyinda3(f): 12:00am On Nov 11, 2009

Dating  a woman from different race even if she's fat and ugly depends on what you see or what possibly triggers your fancy but I'm sure they have their reasons and that's not because they hold any sort of power. Most times it's due to the fact that you think you want to try something new and find out what you can come up with

so you mean curiosity and wanting to try something new? that makes sense.

i think a lot of them also want to date as much women as possible or use it to gain more prestige in the face of their social group and don't take their r/s seriously. I personally think this is an irresponsible thing and has repercussions for the future, but moving back to topic that might be a reason they don't care much for the looks/ personality.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by SEFAGO(m): 12:03am On Nov 11, 2009
ok. so you say you rarely see IR. where I live, I see it all the time and i'm speaking from experience. personally know two separate guys who dated really pretty black girls (one of the guys was really cute and the other was ugly but they both dated pretty black girls) and then they broke up and both guys dated white girls. tell me why those white girls were fat and ugly. Huh why would you go from dating a pretty girl to an ugly one? it really surprised me. my theory is that  the girls asked them out and they obeyed or something. because i don't see how else it would have happened.

Well maybe that is what the guys could get  grin. But yeah that shows some inferiority complex, if they would  break rule no.1 of dating, never downgrade. I loled because your theory, was guilty of the same faults as the OP. Generalization and not based on an individualized view of issues. Things are by a case-by-case basis- yes there are nigerian girls/other girls who are not up to par, and then there are others who are classy (even though they might not be very attractive facially). So goes for IR dating- most of the black ppl i knw engaging in interracial dating where british/european- nigerians because they were as wealthy and in the same class as the white girls they were dating but it is rare for me to see AA males date anyone but their race. Infact, where  i am most of the IR dating is between black girls and white males- shocking right? Well that is the problem with generalization and statistics- they are most times in accurate. 

And dare I tell you that not a lot of people are concerned with the looks, yes, different strokes for different folks

Not true i think- most ppl like good-looking people. They just know their levels and so would only approach ppl usually around the same level as them; or who they think is on the same level as they are.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by paddylo1(m): 12:06am On Nov 11, 2009
@OYINDA

SINCE WE HAVE EMIGRATE TO THEIR COUNTRY, THEN WE NEED TO SUCCUMB TO THEIR LAW,

IF NA WOMAN HOLD POWER THEN LETS RESPECT THE POWER-HOLDER.

IF OUR OWN DEAR COUNTRY PROVIDE US WITH WHAT WE NEED , WE HAVE NO EXCUSE BEING HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

OL boy just say u want to fk and marry whitey,no need to be beating around the bush,LOL grin
God save our brothers,niggas getting hanged and set up for that shit but they still in love with that white skin,
let me let u in on a secret,where am at u get no respect for rolling with a white chick,ask any thorough bred nigga on here, most black americans i roll with only come out at night with their white chick,and they dont even hold hands either
u get respected if u gots a dimepiece thats black, a nice asian chick with ass will get u a little respect too,but not as much as a black chick,
heres why,most white girls come a dime a dozen,they easy, i can hit today,my man can hit 2morrow,only a fool wifes up chicks like that,while u wifeing n loving up,another nigga hitting that on the low
black girls(dimepieces) are harder,niggas respect u for pulling that shit,plus even white dudes be turning to peep at that ass lol,
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by TheSeeker(m): 12:12am On Nov 11, 2009
oyinda.:

so you mean curiosity and wanting to try something new? that makes sense.

i think a lot of them also want to date as much women as possible or use it to gain more prestige in the face of their social group and don't take their r/s seriously. I personally think this is an irresponsible thing and has repercussions for the future, but moving back to topic that might be a reason they don't care much for the looks/ personality.
I can't say if it's exactly curiosity. . . but picture this, why do players end up marrying a very ugly woman after they have slept with absolutely and stunningly beautiful women? At some point your taste for something you're used to goes bland, and when that happens you go for what's available next.

Believe me, most African men don't like being controlled, and if your theory is so, then no African will want to date and/or marry a white woman - I, personally can't be controlled and I can NEVER marry a white woman.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by SEFAGO(m): 12:15am On Nov 11, 2009
God save our brothers,niggas getting hanged and set up for that shit but they still in love with that white skin,
let me let u in on a secret,where am at u get no respect for rolling with a white chick,ask any thorough bred nigga on here, most black americans i roll with only come out at night with their white chick,and they dont even hold hands either
u get respected if u gots a dimepiece thats black, a nice asian chick with ass will get u a little respect too,but not as much as a black chick,

From your language, i can tell the people u move with are thugs grin

Believe me, most African men don't like being controlled, and if your theory is so, then no African will want to date and/or marry a white woman

you mean african men can't marry someone they can't control and push around rite? I dont think ww push around anyone. I knw african men like to be controlling- something i am strongly against, i believe in equal rights and mutual understanding between men and women.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 11, 2009
I was think wtf when i was reading the post too. [b]But seriously I dislike it when black males/nigerian/african males insult black women- [/b]considering the fact that these women are their mums/sisters/daughters.
rotflmao. . . .ironic!!!

Ironic or hypocritical post. . . . undecided
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by TheSeeker(m): 12:21am On Nov 11, 2009
SEFAGO:

Not true i think- most ppl like good-looking people. They just know their levels and so would only approach ppl usually around the same level as them; or who they think is on the same level as they are.
I think your theory has to do with narcissistic individuals. It is, however, slightly true that beautiful people tend to look for people more beautiful than they are or on the same level of attraction, but there's always a different. Why do you find most beautiful women or handsome men hang out or marry ugly men and women? They look for some kind of chemistry but not necessarily centralized on looks.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by paddylo1(m): 12:22am On Nov 11, 2009
From your language, i can tell the people u move with are thugs

not really,i roll with mostly nigerians here but also a couple of black americans and jamaicans, Jamaicans are the worst(or should i say the best,lol),they dont marry no one but themselves
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by SEFAGO(m): 12:22am On Nov 11, 2009
rotflmao. . . .ironic!!!

Ironic or hypocritical post.

sweetheart. I had a personal issue with you calling me gay and displaying homophobia and definitely not nigerian women.  Can you point anywhere i have placed disparaging remarks?

I also want to thank you for keeping me busy during exam period,

PS: I got [b]A[/b]s in all of them
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 11, 2009
SEFAGO:

I also want to thank you for keeping me busy during exam period,

PS: I got [b]A[/b]s in all of them

You're welcome. Happy to hear that wink
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by SEFAGO(m): 12:24am On Nov 11, 2009
Jamaicans are the worst,they dont marry no one but themselves

interesting- do u know that statistically a significant percentage of jamaican british males cohabit with nonblack women- i think it was 30%, but i cant remember where i read it though so I would proclaim it hearsay.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by omar22(m): 12:26am On Nov 11, 2009
take a look at the white women black men in general tend to date: ugly, fat, sluttish looking/behavior.

Excuse me (may be that guy need papers) Nigerian men go for the best looking girls of all cultures,  and this includes arabian or indians but you WOULD NEVER SEE THE BEST LOOKING ITALIAN OR SPANISH GO FOR A NIGERIAN WOMAN,
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by SEFAGO(m): 12:27am On Nov 11, 2009
WOULD NEVER SEE THE BEST LOOKING ITALIAN OR SPANISH GO NIGERIAN WOMAN,

no wonder the italian prostitution ring is still growing grin
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by TheSeeker(m): 12:34am On Nov 11, 2009
SEFAGO:

you mean african men can't marry someone they can't control and push around rite? I dont think ww push around anyone. I knw african men like to be controlling- something i am strongly against, i believe in equal rights and mutual understanding between men and women.
That's not it. African men have been brought up with an idea that women should be submissive yet, very supportive. WW push around maybe not directly but indirectly they do lots of times. They demand but have nothing to give and of course this is my personal view of the ones I've seen and known
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by paddylo1(m): 12:37am On Nov 11, 2009
interesting- do u know that statistically a significant percentage of jamaican british males cohabit with nonblack women- i think it was 30%, but i cant remember where i read it though so I would proclaim it hearsay.

over here in the U.S most jamaicans hang in the same circle,go to the same dancehall clubs thats 90% jamaican,live in same neighborhoods,same church,same workplace,so its hard for a non jamaican male or female to break into that social circle romantically
now i do see some hard up dudes shacking up with whateva girl or chick they got,but when it comes to marriage they go back jamaican
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by omar22(m): 12:43am On Nov 11, 2009
I mentioned it earlier on about the inter-racial marriages are growing in Europe mostly among Nigerian with the eastern block (Polish, Russian, Ukrainian etc) Jamaicans are marrying the british women these are guys who could kill you if you date a white woman now the have them as wive,  Theirs a sudden trend thats shifting towards a caucasian lady,

In England the Nigerian girls attitude sucks. they look at you as if your a piece of shit but this has being going on since the 90's Nigerian men started dating Zambian or Zimbabwean girls because they are beautiful and they look presentable at parties without causing you any troubles, whereas I know so many girls in ther late 30's looking desperate for a hubby after they have played the field with guys who are now settling with a younger girl could be Greek or Polish or Welsh or a west indies, 

Most of the Nigerian ladies are calling home and all of a sudden the new husband arrives from Naija, some after a year the news would have filtered through to him that once upon a time your wife na our local champion and bobo go run like Usain Bolt, but some stay together,  My arguement is all the myth that our culture this and that is an old story,
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by SEFAGO(m): 12:44am On Nov 11, 2009
So it is a cultural issue. As expected- anyways, back to topic- i think OYINBOGOJU is just sexually frustrated- someone should direct him to those sites men use when they are lonely  grin.

Omar22 is still basking at talking to a WW. To those who have been there, done that and figured it not all that it is cracked up to be- please tell Omar to shut up.  

Omar22 please learn some history b4 u talk. Also don't forget the eastern block of Europe is the most xenophobic. IR dating does not signal any form of acceptance- i can assure you
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:48am On Nov 11, 2009
@PADDY

I LIKE ASIANS

I NEED TO GET ONE, I AM SURE THEIR LOVE IS REAL.

I NEED REAL LOVE, AND NOT NIGERIAN GIRL MAGOMAGO LOVE
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by SEFAGO(m): 12:52am On Nov 11, 2009
@PADDY

I LIKE ASIANS

I NEED REAL LOVE, AND NOT NIGERIAN GIRL MAGOMAGO LOV

i have a feeling the asian girl's parents would have a problem with you
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by omar22(m): 12:53am On Nov 11, 2009
@SEFAGO you sound like someone who grew up on cow milk, dont worry!!!
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by paddylo1(m): 12:57am On Nov 11, 2009
Omar22 is still basking at talking to a WW. To those who have been there, done that and figured it not all that it is cracked up to be- please tell Omar to shut up.  

Omar22 please  learn some history b4 u talk. Also don't forget the eastern block of Europe is the most xenophobic. IR dating does not signal any form of acceptance- i can assure you

dude dont know nothing he just yapping,i fked with a german chick,fine girl looked like hheidi klum,(no lie),know what she told me?that we would never get accepted in germany if we had a kid together,i looked at her and laughed like who wants to have a kid with u in the first place,but it was good to know,

no IR relationships dont mean shit,if anything some racist chicks or chicks from racist families wanna just try it out on the low

@PADDY

I LIKE ASIANS

I NEED REAL LOVE, AND NOT NIGERIAN GIRL MAGOMAGO LOVE

dude trust me,just keep searching u will find,again lots of asian families are racist too,there are good ones though,but not easy to find,some disown their kids for marrying white,talkless of black,cambodians are cool though and philipinos
but i dont know why u so hard on naija girls,when i dey even pull some naija chicks all the way from here, just be yourself,set a goal try to achieve it,and the girls will slowly roll in
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men by omar22(m): 1:01am On Nov 11, 2009
@Paddy and SEFAGO

You are 2 cheeks from the same ass both of you are narrow minded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Are Guys Obsessed With Doing The Butt? / Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? / Pretty Lady Shows Love To The Less Privileged On Valentine's Day (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.