Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,314 members, 7,928,998 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:23 AM

Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published (801 Views)

Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” / The Bible Has The Answer To All Questions. / Where In The Quran Did It Say The Bible Has Been Corrupted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by Kalatium(m): 3:29am On Nov 30, 2016
Blasphemy! Blasphemy!! Blasphemy!!!
A new feminist bible has been published known as the silent voices bible which renders God and all biblical characters as female.

Below is an excerpt from www.silentvoicesbible.com :

" The Silent Voices Bible is the Holy Christian Bible with the gender of each character swapped — including God. Male roles are played by women, and female roles are played by men, even in gender-specific circumstances (like reproduction). There will be some dissonance as you read about men giving birth and women "spilling their seed". I have also left all the character names the same with a few exceptions: King David is Queen Davina, and the prophet Samuel is now Samantha.

Wait, even God is a woman?
God is already referred to with feminine qualities in the bible. This project just changes the default perception of God's gender.

This is an insult to God!
The Silent Voices Bible is not an insult to God, it's an experiential theology. As you read it you will have an opinion about how this bible differs from what you've read before. The challenge for readers is to pay attention to your own feelings of discomfort or anger (as well as joy or gratitude). If the stories and people in the bible seem less valuable when they are feminine, that is because we value masculine more than feminine. And the belief that a female is lesser is an insult to God.'

Visit https://silentvoicesbible.com/voices/index.html to view this bible version

1 Share

Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by lepasharon(f): 3:30am On Nov 30, 2016
Halleluyah
Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by KingEbukaNaija: 3:31am On Nov 30, 2016
Lol . Some of these feminists are misandrists grin
Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by hopefulLandlord: 3:49am On Nov 30, 2016
the buybull was written by cavemen
misogynistic, chauvinistic cavemen, a simple reading of that book proves this!
Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by Kalatium(m): 3:55am On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

KingEbukaNaija:
Lol . Some of these feminists are misandrists grin
hopefulLandlord:

I believe the reason why it is translated like this is because they thought the bible is a misogynistic book
Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by princefunmmy(m): 5:32am On Nov 30, 2016
these people Just forgot this part of the bible

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Rev 22:18-19

Well I guess if there names were written in The BOOK before gan sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by YOUNGELDER1(m): 5:38am On Nov 30, 2016
They can only try this nonsense with the bible , why not publish a female Quran and let's see how long they last .

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by engrtee(f): 6:17am On Nov 30, 2016
the author of bible should sue them

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by jonbellion(m): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2016
Kalatium:

I believe the reason why it is translated like this is because they thought the bible is a misogynistic book
cool

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by Immorttal: 7:41am On Nov 30, 2016
it is not a new thing i love this.. watch out because very soon the religious leaders will accept it. check out this bible-i think its how a holy book from God should be and some atheist are even purchasing it. http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com
Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by Scholar8200(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2016
The arrows of errors are not spent;
But on Truth against which it's anger is vent.
The father of lies will not fight,
Those who, of their volition, are shielded from the light!
Re: Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published by donnffd(m): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2016
princefunmmy:
these people Just forgot this part of the bible

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Rev 22:18-19

Well I guess if there names were written in The BOOK before gan sef

Thank Goodness they are not men then...

(1) (Reply)

Christmas And The Birth Of Jesus: What Exact Month Was Jesus Born? / Gospel Christian Devotional - litedhill.com / Islam Using Aggressive Birth Rate To Take Over The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.