Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,682 members, 7,914,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 12:26 PM

Discover The Path That Leads To Your Exam Success - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Discover The Path That Leads To Your Exam Success (568 Views)

Stop Forcing The Younger Ones To Choose A Career Path That They Don't Like / How To Get Your JAMB Questions And Answers Set Before Your Exam Using JAMB App / Ten Tips That Will Boast Your Exam Preparation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Path That Leads To Your Exam Success by getmoreprofit(m): 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
Examination success that is gotten by merit is never cheap but priceless, so, every lover of success should bear in mind that he/she has a costly price to pay to succeed; else, the desired success remains a mirage. In addition, a positive mindset that is devoid of self-doubt which entails setting definite and achievable goals, demonstrating enthusiasm which makes you eager to read your books are of paramount importance. Obviously, readers are leaders, even in examination. So, procrastination is a clog in the wheel of the progress of any scholar, take decisive action after every discovery made in this book and you will certainly excel in your exams.

The pertinent question is – “Why am I in school?” If your purpose is not well defined an opportunity of a lifetime could be squandered, that is, if you think you are in school to pass time or play football or gamble, you are not prepared for the top. Those who make it to the top in their academic know where they are going to (they set goals and know the path that leads there - pay the price of devoted study).

Consider these heart searching questions: why do I go to school? What are my examination goals? What are my study plans? Do I go to school so that I can escape punishment or rebuke from my parents? Do I go to school to meet friends? Do I go to school to add values to my life so that I might become great?

Answers to the questions raised are reasons for success or failure in your academic pursuit because if your aspirations do not match your actions, the likelihood that success remains elusive in your examination is high but it is contrariwise if your aspiration matches your action, that is, you are bound to succeed.

It is not enough to brood over the goals you set for your exams on a daily basis but you should also take actions that will enhance their achievements day in day out, however small the goals might be. When you form the habit of thinking about your goals and studying, your chance of making it big in your exam increases. In practical terms you should make a mental and written list of the short and long term goals of your forthcoming and far future examinations. If you have not done that yet, you are advised to get a notebook and do so.

In similar vein, your aspiration of becoming a medical doctor, lawyer, accountant, banker, journalist etc should be jotted down in a diary while you allow the positive thought of its attainment to saturate you daily. As human, it is possible that negative thought spring up in your mind but you should deliberately train you mind to retain only the positive thought.

Do not give in to defeat but persevere harder in order to succeed. Do not stop doing what you believe in. ‘’If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth’’ (Mark 9:23). So, always be positive in your thought. For needed motivation, read other books written by the author. These books are must read for everyone who needed a propelling force towards success in academics and other endeavours.

Undoubtedly, you can make a success of your forthcoming examination even if you have failed repeatedly in the past. The antidote is that you set definite goals and pay the price of devoted study.

Perhaps in reality, when you review your past and present academic history, you have recorded more than two or three failed attempts consequently, you see a bleak future with respect to academics. The proven and tested nugget of truth remains that if you do not give up you will succeed. Ponder on the extract below:

Miss Adetutu Wande-Kayode, one of the graduates from the University of Lagos, said, "… I remember the assistance she (my mother) offered me when I had very poor grades in Mathematics in Junior Secondary School. She took it upon herself to teach me personally after school. And then, I went on to have A1 in SSCE, despite the fact that I was in arts department. ‘’ (Source: Page 67 Sunday Punch February 24th 2013).

Adetutu’s grade in SSCE is never a reflection or resemblance of her JSCE’s as deduced from the extract above. She had the best grade possible at the latter end because her mother’s and her own aspiration match their actions at the times failure ravaged her. In sum, you can pass your exam with flying colours regardless of your present academic status if you set goals and act decisively.
Re: Discover The Path That Leads To Your Exam Success by graccce: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2019
Thanks . Information write up. Thank you once more.

(1) (Reply)

Oxford Graduate Sues University After Failing To Get A First-class Degree / BUK Forum For Admitted Applicants 2016/17 / Get Latest JAMB/POST-UTME Updates 2017/2018 Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.