Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,900 members, 7,933,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:51 AM

Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas (8462 Views)

Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW / Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Yinkame123(m): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2016
All these are nothing but lies from the pit of hell. Our journalist lack investigative journalism.

Electricity generation and distribution is a value chain which when one chain is affected a weak link is created. While focusing your report on DISCO alone?

I can authoritatively confirmed to fellow nairalander that the problem in power supply in this country are majorly that of the GENCOS. The companies that bought the power generation lack the capital to functioned properly. Most of the power plants are not performing optimally because the gas suppliers are afraid of selling gas to the GENCOS on credit fearing huge debt which might be difficult to recover. Hence they collect fees in advance of supply. When the amount of gas supplied is equal to the amount point they stopped gas supply. Which means load sheadding by the GENCOS. When that happens what is distributed to the DISCOS is also affected.
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Yinkame123(m): 9:36am On Dec 01, 2016
blackfase:
One foolish Minister called Fashola, shooting off with his stinky mouth that power issue is no rocket science. He thought running a federal project is like the stupid 12mw plant he planted on Lagos Island. Him eye go done dey clear now. Bastards in govt. As for that Buhary, i now totally agree Gen. Idiagbon was the poster man of his earlier administration. Very inept crooks.....

All these are nothing but lies from the pit of hell. Our journalist lack investigative journalism.

Electricity generation and distribution is a value chain which when one chain is affected a weak link is created. While focusing your report on DISCO alone?

I can authoritatively confirmed to fellow nairalander that the problem in power supply in this country are majorly that of the GENCOS. The companies that bought the power generation lack the capital to functioned properly. Most of the power plants are not performing optimally because the gas suppliers are afraid of selling gas to the GENCOS on credit fearing huge debt which might be difficult to recover. Hence they collect fees in advance of supply. When the amount of gas supplied is equal to the amount point they stopped gas supply. Which means load sheadding by the GENCOS. When that happens what is distributed to the DISCOS is also affected.
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by wizjid69: 9:39am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:
cry cry cry

#Atiku2019
Started by his squandering of our national estate.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by obailala(m): 9:41am On Dec 01, 2016
Idiots rejoice when some miscreants bomb pipelines, then they turn around and lament power blackout and darkness, and they turn around again to say power minister is incompetent. #BlackMan

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by obailala(m): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2016
blackfase:
One foolish Minister called Fashola, shooting off with his stinky mouth that power issue is no rocket science. He thought running a federal project is like the stupid 12mw plant he planted on Lagos Island. Him eye go done dey clear now. Bastards in govt. As for that Buhary, i now totally agree Gen. Idiagbon was the poster man of his earlier administration. Very inept crooks.....
Keep blaming fashola... even the greatest rocket scientists cannot shoot a rocket to space if the people who own the rocket dont want it to fly and keep destroying the work of the scientists. This simple logic too is not rocket science.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by wizjid69: 9:47am On Dec 01, 2016
CXLVII:
"Sustained attacks on oil and gas facilities by militants in the Niger Delta have affected the flow of gas to some power plants, leading to a loss of over 2,000MW from the grid."

Who is doing who? Keep bombing and complaining. No be same power we dey use? Will it affect GEJ, Obasanjo, Buhari, Tinubu, Okonjo-Iweala or Fashola himself? NO

Do you mind them? They are complaining about everything but are also the ones sabotaging the govts effort to provide amenities for them.
in their heart of hearts they know who to blame.
They should keep deceiving themselves.
Things can never get better unless we put aside all this rancor and work together. A house divided can not stand.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by confluence: 9:56am On Dec 01, 2016
@yinkamen123,
I agree with what you wrote up there 100%, I reside in Lokoja where we use to enjoy 16-18 hours of power supply, now is paltry 2 or 4 hours in 24 hours, a friend who works with AEDC said that the power supply to Lokoja is now metred the investor who bought GEREGU power station,he now channel the bulk of what they generate to Abuja,
Now am currently on a business trip to zakibiam in Benue state, I have been here now for 7 days power supply stays all the time few interruption once in a while , even with the availability of the light here i can authoritatively say houses don't even have outside illumination light because it blows up their electric bulbs, you just enter the room and you see light, and most parts of the country that needs the light don't get
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Jesusloveyou: 10:24am On Dec 01, 2016
Pavarottii:
Unfortunately, dere. Is. No solution in sight.
until avengers are crush or they repent
Meanwhile, we May not depend on gas by next year, by the time dams will take over
Fashola is really working
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Fash20: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2016
The power should continue dropping jare

I think you people were celebrating ND militants constant attack on pipelines
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Pavarottii(m): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
until avengers are crush or they repent
Meanwhile, we May not depend on gas by next year, by the time dams will take over
Fashola is really working
Why can't he handle d avengers well; if he wants to use crushing method. He should crush dem.
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Pls tel me bt dis recyclers
jane05:
Nawa o. This is just unimaginable, good news has since left the dictionary of this country, meanwhile check my signature ASAP before it closes grin
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by ak47mann(m): 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
Why is it that the Afonjaz are crying the most cool
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by LucemFerre: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
XaintJoel20:
There was a country...

Chinua Achebe...

One of the best choice of quote I have ever come a cross on NL
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by XaintJoel20: 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
LucemFerre:

One of the best choice of quote I have ever come a cross on NL
I am honoured and elated. Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by ofwest47(m): 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Just a matter of time the Niger Deltans will surely pay for their action and by that time it will be too late to cry.
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by aloeman15(m): 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
buhari promised to end militancy.
He chose the path of violence to solve the nd problem.
He has failed.
Do you concur or object?

If someone has a grievance with you and you choose to fight fire with fire- to the loud cheering of your supporters- do you and they have the right to complain when your opponent beats you up?

@obailala
davtosh:

Continue Wailing, When the jobless yoots of ND started bombing, you Wailers were the ones hailing them and you didn't know then that when the effects start showing face, it would affect us all together.

You are here blaming Buhari. I guess when he was campaigning he mentioned that he is a sibling of Professor Pellar the magician

Your wailing has just started.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback: There Are Igbos In SS - Buhari / Did You Think A Youth Between Age 35 And 40 Can Become President Of Nigeria? / 2023 Presidency: Bauchi APC Delegates Endorse Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.