Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,131 members, 7,943,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:32 AM

Come Dine With Me - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Come Dine With Me (3505 Views)

Shoot& Edit Your Video Without Paying A Dine / Which Actor or Actress Would You Rather Dine With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 10, 2009
Any fans?
Re: Come Dine With Me by SeanT21(f): 1:21am On Nov 10, 2009
NOO. never heard of it
Re: Come Dine With Me by maedan(f): 3:50am On Nov 10, 2009
Yep. Used to watch it all the time. Celebrity Come Dine is nice too, esp when the celebs know how to throw a good dinner party. I watch it mostly for the few cooking/dining/hosting tips. Nice programme anyway.
Re: Come Dine With Me by mohawkchic(f): 8:50pm On Nov 10, 2009
[size=13pt]~The bloke who does the Voice over is just hilarious. . . grin [/size]
Re: Come Dine With Me by maedan(f): 12:49am On Nov 11, 2009
^^^^ grin grin grin
Gosh, you hit the nail on the head as always. He's the high point of every episode; he always has something side-splitting to say whenever any of the hosts/guests are getting out of hand. I used to watch it every afternoon, until a month ago. Too busy.
Re: Come Dine With Me by mohawkchic(f): 11:25pm On Nov 12, 2009
[size=13pt]~ cheesy I know right! He'd made many a Boring-Sunday-telly interesting! The characters they have on there are added bonus!!

~ I'm more of a flick-and-it-happens-to-be-on fan. . no matter how far gone it is,i'll watch just to hear his comments!
[/size]
Re: Come Dine With Me by maedan(f): 12:20am On Nov 13, 2009
So you're no real "fan" grin(as the topic suggests wink). I'm sort of kind of like a foodie person; most of my fave programs are on food channels!! I totally never used to miss the weekly Come Dine shows, every day!! It's soo funny when the pompous food snobs end up with the lowest scores grin. I also like the way yu get to see into their homes, kitchen, bedrooms and even wardrobes tongue. The comedic narrator makes it all worthwhile, too.
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 12:22am On Nov 13, 2009
I love watching that show! I was so pissed when this lady went to Selfridges and bought the food already pre-made. I was so upset and she friggin won! I almost wanted to jump to the TV and smack her! grin Her husband plays for some football team. I don't remember I think Newcastle or something.
Re: Come Dine With Me by maedan(f): 12:31am On Nov 13, 2009
ROTFL!!! I saw that one!! Wot a WAG! She spent the rest of the time boutique-shopping, and almost forgot her pre-made food there tongue. But I guess she won due to her classy presentation and hosting - and she was such a good liar, too, so she fooled everyone. I'm sure they saw the show later and probably want to kill her now grin.
Re: Come Dine With Me by mohawkchic(f): 2:17am On Nov 13, 2009
maedan:

So you're no real "fan" grin(as the topic suggests wink). I'm sort of kind of like a foodie person; most of my fave programs are on food channels!! I totally never used to miss the weekly Come Dine shows, every day!! It's soo funny when the pompous food snobs end up with the lowest scores grin. I also like the way yu get to see into their homes, kitchen, bedrooms and even wardrobes tongue. The comedic narrator makes it all worthwhile, too.

[size=13pt]~ grin You got me!Not a loyal fan as you Mi Lady! tongue Tis funny tho when the snubs get low scores. . Love when/how they snoop too! Tis Much more funnier when the contestants dont get along!! grin

~I watched a Celeb episode w/ the Apprentice Posh accent Asain. . what's-his-face & his Cravet & Suits. . . grin

~I love watching certain foods being prepared but usually cant be arsed to do/experiment just for the heck of it! I'm pretty much a flick-and-it-happens-to-be-on fan on most of day/night time telly on Food. . .This Morning,Master Chef,Britain's Best Dish,Hell's Kitchen,F-word et al- some i watch half-heartedly,b/c i'm usually trying to cook grin Sometimes i flick when its on a break & i forget to flick back. . that's so annoying!

~I find they can be very useful. . . Pick up whatever tips i can. . .[/size]
Re: Come Dine With Me by maedan(f): 4:29am On Nov 13, 2009
Exactly! (about picking up what ever tips I can). Do you think I'd be arsed to bake a creme brulee or what ever else they cook on that show?? I watch it for the little kitchen tit-bits - who knows what you could pick up, heh?? The entertainment factor is also a plus, what with the clowns you usually get as guests. Some dine together for four whole days and swear never to talk to any of their co-diners again!! They usually end up hating eachother. Only a few hit off and promise to keep in touch. Either way, I do my best to catch my fun tongue grin.
Re: Come Dine With Me by mohawkchic(f): 4:39am On Nov 13, 2009
[size=13pt]~I hear you. . "Creme Brulee" had me in stitches cheesy

~Watched one episode a couple of weeks ago w/ a Jamaican lady who made an interesting starter w/ Plantain. . i plan on looking it up on the website. .[/size]
Re: Come Dine With Me by maedan(f): 4:45am On Nov 13, 2009
Jamaican cuisine?? Yep, they get all sorts on the show sometimes. I wish some African would come on and show them some real live cooking!! Nyways, goodwill hunting for the recipe grin!! Nighty nite! wink
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2009
Lol the show can be hilarious, anybody see the woman who fell asleep when it was her night to host, then the gay man had to cook her food for her tongue
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2009
ibkaye:

Lol the show can be hilarious, anybody see the woman who fell asleep when it was her night to host, then the gay man had to cook her food for her tongue
OMG No I haven't seen that! LOL that is some funny stuff.

maedan:

ROTFL!!! I saw that one!! Wot a WAG! She spent the rest of the time boutique-shopping, and almost forgot her pre-made food there tongue. But I guess she won due to her classy presentation and hosting - and she was such a good liar, too, so she fooled everyone. I'm sure they saw the show later and probably want to kill her now grin.

You did? shocked Gosh I was so pissed! Did you see that they were asking her for the recipe? And she was going on about it like she cooked it herself? I love that show!
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

OMG No I haven't seen that! LOL that is some funny stuff.

You did? shocked Gosh I was so pissed! Did you see that they were asking her for the recipe? And she was going on about it like she cooked it herself? I love that show!
LMAO, it was too funny. She was snoring too and the emphasis they put on that was hilarious, unsurprisingly she didn't win cheesy
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
ibkaye:

LMAO, it was too funny. She was snoring too and the emphasis they put on that was hilarious, unsurprisingly she didn't win cheesy

Of course she wouldn't. I woulda loved to see it though. The voice over guy is tres funny grin
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

Of course she wouldn't. I woulda loved to see it though. The voice over guy is tres funny grin
VERY, he always finds the best ways to take the piss doesn't he cheesy
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2009
ibkaye:

VERY, he always finds the best ways to take the piss doesn't he cheesy

Yeah He just makes me laugh all the time. I love watching Cash in the Attic. . . Do you ever watch that?
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

Yeah He just makes me laugh all the time. I love watching Cash in the Attic. . . Do you ever watch that?
Nope, never even heard of it, which channel what time? smiley
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2009
ibkaye:

Nope, never even heard of it, which channel what time? smiley
Either ITV or BBC1. I'm not in UK at the moment so I cannot tell you what time. But It is about folks selling their family stuff to make money at an auction.
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

Either ITV or BBC1. I'm not in UK at the moment so I cannot tell you what time. But It is about folks selling their family stuff to make money at an auction.
Ooh, I'll probably find it, thanks a bunch wink
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2009
ibkaye:

Ooh, I'll probably find it, thanks a bunch wink

No worries wink

Did you see one episode where this loud mouth woman was going on about how other people couldn't cook but she was shitty herself? Couldn't put together a decent meal after all that. I just love how it shows every day people you know.
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

No worries wink

Did you see one episode where this loud mouth woman was going on about how other people couldn't cook but she was shitty herself? Couldn't put together a decent meal after all that. I just love how it shows every day people you know.
Seen so many contestants like that, It's amazing, they'd go on about how crap someone else's meal was and when it comes to them, they dish out some bland meal like Shepherd's pie. Then again, it most probably wouldn't be that all entertaining without people like them cheesy
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
ibkaye:

Seen so many contestants like that, It's amazing, they'd go on about how crap someone else's meal was and when it comes to them, they dish out some bland meal like Shepherd's pie. Then again, it most probably wouldn't be that all entertaining without people like them cheesy

I know! LOL
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
You know what would make my day though? If a Nigerian contested on the show and whipped out the Pounded Yam, egusi and whatnot tongue
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2009
ibkaye:

You know what would make my day though? If a Nigerian contested on the show and whipped out the Pounded Yam, egusi and whatnot tongue

You know? I've thought about that too! It would be amazing if that happened. Who knows. Why don't you go out there and contest for it? LOL
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

You know? I've thought about that too! It would be amazing if that happened. Who knows. Why don't you go out there and contest for it? LOL
Joker! Don't believe that will be happening any time soon grin

You can if you want though  wink grin grin
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
ibkaye:

Joker! Don't believe that will be happening any time soon grin

You can if you want though  wink grin grin

Nah I am just a visitor to the country. I bet they won't let me anywhere near their national television. cheesy
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

Nah I am just a visitor to the country. I bet they won't let me anywhere near their national television. cheesy
Lol you'd be surprised grin

Any other programmes you enjoy?
Re: Come Dine With Me by chika98: 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2009
ibkaye:

Lol you'd be surprised grin

Any other programmes you enjoy?

Whenever I visit, I like to watch Jeremy Kyle( sometimes). There's this cooking challenge show with that black bald cook dude. I don't remember his name now. Cop with cameras, CCTV show, Loose women, Grand designs, Airline. I am a TV junkie and I get to work. LOL
Re: Come Dine With Me by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

Whenever I visit, I like to watch Jeremy Kyle( sometimes). There's this cooking challenge show with that black bald cook dude. I don't remember his name now. Cop with cameras, CCTV show, Loose women, Grand designs, Airline. I am a TV junkie and I get to work. LOL
Lol Buahahahaha @ bald, I think I know who you're talking about cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Topless Photo From The Set Of Nollywood Movie / Tv Series Download Sites With Subtitle / BLACKBERRY Prostitutes 1 & 2 - Latest Nollywood/ghallywood Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.