Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. (3136 Views)

Most Embarassing Day In My Life Was Today / Whats The Funniest And Embarassing Thing You've Seen The Opposite Sex Do / 10 Texting Habits That Should Tell Guys She Is Totally A Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
1. Taking the front seat:

This is definitely one of the most embarrasing habits people portray at events. It is common knowledge that the front row belongs to the family of the celebrant(s) but some stubborn ones still attempt to occupy that row. When usher now says, “mister man you can’t sit there”, they will say she’s rude.

2. Fighting for food:

This is very shameful. Years back, i attended a party with some friends and i was embarrased when this man kept complaining about the fact that he hadn’t been served. We were actually at the same table so i was equally embarassed.

3. Using cutlery:

I cringe when i see people trying so hard to eat with the fork and knife. As in it is ordinary “amala and ewedu” o but they will still form. My problem isn’t always their clothes which they end up messing up, my problem is that they always look ridiculous.

4. Trying out new dishes:

This is beyond embarrasing. It is extremely shameful as well. Typical conversation happens like:

Service boy: What would you like sir?
Mr A: What do you have?
Service boy: Jollof rice, fried rice, pounded yam, asaro, amala, semovita, and Jing leed.
Mr A: Give me “Gin lid”
*Service boy exits and returns with*

It is at this point Mr A will start sweating and even his handkerchief may not be able to help.

5. Battling meat bones:

This is another embarrasing one. I’m not saying you should form but know the limit. Be courteous. You don’t have to scrape off all the meat on the bones neither are you obligated to break the chicken laps and give it a befitting burial. Just know Mama Bimbo is seated beside you and her white lace cost #50000.

6. Fighting for souvenirs:

I hate this one with a passion mostly because the souvenirs people fight for are petty items such as, buckets, waste packer, plates, towels, etc. Why do people even do this. Though my mom wouldn’t “fight”, i hate how she eyes me from across the room and asks, “have you collected?” and i will just feel like dying. I mean you’ve collected, daddy has collected, my siblings have collected, why must i collect? What do we even need this many buckets for? Most people see souvenirs as their constitutional human rights for attending parties.

By the way, shout out to people who have souvenirs which are older than them at home. RESPECT!!!

7. Packing Takeaway:

I cannot tell you how embarrasing this is. It’s not a crime to take some goodies with you when leaving parties. What is a crime is denying other people the right to enjoy what they ought to. Some people go as far as clearing the table of small chops and stylishly dropping it in their handbags. Even if no one sees you, God and the camera will.

8.Being selfish:

The people here are closely related to those in (7). At buffet-style events, these are the ones that mould mountains on their plates. You will see catfish, plantain, moimoi, asaro, goat meat, snail, salad, fried rice, assorted meat, etc. How do people sleep at night knowing their hearts are this evil?

9. Drinking to stupor:

The fact that drinks are free at parties shouldn’t give you the free will to consume more than you can withstand and embarass your family publicly.

Some people drink to the extent where they can’t walk and have to be transported home in a wheelbarrow.

Source: https://qummiesblog./2016/12/02/9-embarassing-party-habits-that-need-to-stop-now/

Seun, Lalasticlala

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Olalan(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
Nice one, people should maintain proper ethics whenever they are in public domain.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
Olalan:
Nice one, people should maintain proper ethics whenever they are in public domain.
Thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
Number 4 is so funny after i googled jing leed. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
Others may stop but that fighting for food, soveniours and packing takeaway no fit finish for Lagos o. Especially for this recession

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by yomi007k(m): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin

This recession will mk d above multiply especially if u pay for aso ebi n u no see anything.
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by ChemicalReaction(f): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hallykojo:
Number 4 is so funny after i googled jing leed. grin grin
Biko warriz it?
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
yomi007k:
grin

This recession will mk d above multiply especially if u pay for aso ebi n u no see anything.

Aswear after buying aso ebi of how much. I go fight o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Biko warriz it?
They say na fried cricket lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by yomi007k(m): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hallykojo:

As in ehn...e nor go funny

4 Likes

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by mspee(f): 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
OP it's like you don't know the sweetness of party jollof rice o embarassed wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
I wish everyone will be like me. grin

I just don't care about petty stuffs as wedding souvenir...went to a friend's wedding and when it was time for gift exchange with the crowd i saw screaming and pushing each other for souvenir, i kindly walked to the couple...dropped my gift and left, just couldn't afford been pushed down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Elisean(m): 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
Just because you find some of these things cringe that does not mean etiquettes should be abandoned.
Using cutlery is one thing that can't be changed.
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Elisean:
Just because you find some of these things cringe that does not mean etiquettes should be abandoned.
Using cutlery is one thing that can't be changed.
If u must use use the right way. Na wetin dem dey tel u be dat. If your not use to it dont go and disgrace urself

3 Likes

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
Benita27:
I wish everyone will be like me. grin

I just don't care about petty stuffs as wedding souvenir...went to a friend's wedding and when it was time for gift exchange with the crowd i saw screaming and pushing each other for souvenir, i kindly walked to the couple...dropped my gift and left, just couldn't afford been pushed down.

Me too o. I hardly ever attend parties but when i do, I'm always invisible. wink
Hallykojo:

Lmao.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hallykojo:

grin grin Walai, Ah kant take you out.

1 Like

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Iamberlyn(f): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
MzLarem:
grin grin Walai, Ah kant take you out.
Na joke o but the thing can pain

2 Likes

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
Qummie:
1. Taking the front seat:

This is definitely one of the most embarrasing habits people portray at events. It is common knowledge that the front row belongs to the family of the celebrant(s) but some stubborn ones still attempt to occupy that row. When usher now says, “mister man you can’t sit there”, they will say she’s rude.

[s]2. Fighting for food:

This is very shameful. Years back, i attended a party with some friends and i was embarrased when this man kept complaining about the fact that he hadn’t been served. We were actually at the same table so i was equally embarassed.
[/s]

3. Using cutlery:

I cringe when i see people trying so hard to eat with the fork and knife. As in it is ordinary “amala and ewedu” o but they will still form. My problem isn’t always their clothes which they end up messing up, my problem is that they always look ridiculous.

[s]4. Trying out new dishes:

This is beyond embarrasing. It is extremely shameful as well. Typical conversation happens like:

Service boy: What would you like sir?
Mr A: What do you have?
Service boy: Jollof rice, fried rice, pounded yam, asaro, amala, semovita, and Jing leed.
Mr A: Give me “Gin lid”
*Service boy exits and returns with*

It is at this point Mr A will start sweating and even his handkerchief may not be able to help.

5. Battling meat bones:

This is another embarrasing one. I’m not saying you should form but know the limit. Be courteous. You don’t have to scrape off all the meat on the bones neither are you obligated to break the chicken laps and give it a befitting burial. Just know Mama Bimbo is seated beside you and her white lace cost #50000.

6. Fighting for souvenirs:

I hate this one with a passion mostly because the souvenirs people fight for are petty items such as, buckets, waste packer, plates, towels, etc. Why do people even do this. Though my mom wouldn’t “fight”, i hate how she eyes me from across the room and asks, “have you collected?” and i will just feel like dying. I mean you’ve collected, daddy has collected, my siblings have collected, why must i collect? What do we even need this many buckets for? Most people see souvenirs as their constitutional human rights for attending parties.

By the way, shout out to people who have souvenirs which are older than them at home. RESPECT!!!

7. Packing Takeaway:

I cannot tell you how embarrasing this is. It’s not a crime to take some goodies with you when leaving parties. What is a crime is denying other people the right to enjoy what they ought to. Some people go as far as clearing the table of small chops and stylishly dropping it in their handbags. Even if no one sees you, God and the camera will.

8.Being selfish:

The people here are closely related to those in (7). At buffet-style events, these are the ones that mould mountains on their plates. You will see catfish, plantain, moimoi, asaro, goat meat, snail, salad, fried rice, assorted meat, etc. How do people sleep at night knowing their hearts are this evil?

9. Drinking to stupor:

The fact that drinks are free at parties shouldn’t give you the free will to consume more than you can withstand and embarass your family publicly.

Some people drink to the extent where they can’t walk and have to be transported home in a wheelbarrow.
[/s]

Source: https://qummiesblog./2016/12/02/9-embarassing-party-habits-that-need-to-stop-now/

Seun, Lalasticlala

If dem no give you food, Fight! angry

Scatter the place, You must eat back the amount you spent on aso-ebi.

Sample all the food there angry Variety is the spice of life wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hallykojo:

Na joke o but the thing can pain
I tell you. You will be aso ebi 20k,they will be sharing matches and be giving you yellow rice and one meat...for why na angry

2 Likes

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
KissChrix:

This comment got me rotfl.
MzLarem:
I tell you. You will be aso ebi 20k,they will be sharing matches and be giving you yellow rice and one meat...for why na angry
grin ;Dmumu souvenirs.

1 Like

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by OlufemiWhit(m): 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
Mr A asking for 'Gin Leed' really cracked me up....nice write up OP

3 Likes

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
Na girls dey do this things undecided *run out of thread
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
mazidan:
Na girls dey do this things undecided *run out of thread
Drinking to stupor undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
OlufemiWhit:
Mr A asking for 'Gin Leed' really cracked me up....nice write up OP
Thanks bro smiley
KissChrix:

Very funny
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hallykojo:

Drinking to stupor undecided
wink
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
My aunt and fighting for souvenir, she will then shout at you for not fighting for yours grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
mhiz:
My aunt and fighting for souvenir, she will then shout at you for not fighting for yours grin grin
grin grin
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
mhiz:
I guess you're Yoruba. cheesy
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=Hallykojo post=51578144][/quote]
grin grin
Re: 9 Embarassing Party Habits That Need To Stop Now. by igraman(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2016
So true and damn funny!! Rotfl

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Pranks His Girlfriend By Pretending He Had Another Girl At Home / Yahoo Boys Killed True Love In Nigeria / His Girlfriend Wants A Vibrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.