Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:48 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (96009 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Epi: 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2009
Precious based on the novel PUSH by Sapphire. I threw the book down last night because the dialect is hard to understand undecided. i was told to continue because it's a good book. let's see lipsrsealed will let you know later on.

I also picked up Amelia Earhart, the thrill of it. (can't wait to read it tongue)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2009
naijababe:

Read a few of Koontz books but not Night Chills, if you like his style try "From the Corner of his eye". I have noticed however that his recent works aren't quite as exciting as the older ones, "Watchers is another very good one"

watchers is my all time favourite DK novel. i've been looking for "from the corners of his eye" online for a while now. i read some excerpts and i've been hooked. pls any idea how to get it?
night chills is somewhat similar to false memory but also interesting.

@topic

finished Night chills by Dean Koontz in less than 36 hrs cool. about to start smoke screen by Sandra brown
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2009
Ogaga4luv you're scaring me shockedtongue
adebayo, dont worry. . . nothing do you wink

@topic
smoke screen by Sandra Brown
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2009
[size=13pt]Dominique. . .

I cant get you.
[/size]
Topic. . . .

[size=13pt]Satan Is Alive and Well on Planet Earth
by Hal Lindsey, Carole C. Carlson

Considering the worsening condition of the world today it seems that an increasing number of people are considering the possibility that the Bible is the only true inspired Word of God and that Satan is the ruler of this world until Jesus returns. No one thinks much about the Devil anymore. In fact, words like witchcraft and black magic have a strangely medieval ring to our ears. Many people even think of Satan as somehow comic -- and therefore harmless. Yet amidst the tragedy and corruption of our own century, it is ironic that many people doubt whether an active, evil force really exists. But Satan is not dead, says author Hal Lindsey; he has simply adopted a more modern style. Spiritualism, astrology, "new age" lifestyle .

I couldn't begin to explain how amazing this book is. Hal Lindsay is very blessed.I dare anyone who is not a believer in Christ to read "SATAN IS ALIVE AND WELL ON PLANET EARTH" , from beginning to end .
[/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by adebayo201: 4:40am On Nov 07, 2009
Ogaga, tongue
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2009
[size=13pt]Adebayor. . . what?!?[/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2009
Ogaga where the heck do ypu get these books from shocked
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2009
[size=13pt]I've got them from my Bookshelf. I have benefited alot in reading . . .Though most of the books cant be found in bookshops here so, i do online shooping .[/size]
dominique:

Ogaga where the heck do ypu get these books from shocked
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by adebayo201: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2009
Gud! Dat'z d best shoppin!

Advanced Physics by Mr Nelkon and LATE Mrs. Parker.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by adebayo201: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2009
Gud! Dat'z d best shoppin!

Advanced Physics by Mr Nelkon and LATE Mrs. Parker.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 07, 2009
@ dominique
I got from the corner of his eye from a local bookshop, I'd have sent it to you but I gave most of my old books to a local charity recently but I think u'll be able to get it from amazon.
Sandra Brown's okay but not very exciting IMO.
Just about to start One door away from heaven by yeah you guessed it Dean Koontz
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Suzanne84(f): 11:20am On Nov 10, 2009
Nights of the Creaking Bed by Toni Kan and Positioning by Al Ries
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2009

[size=13pt]The Satanic Bible by Anton Szander LaVey

I bought the Satanic Bible out of pure interest. I wanted to know why there could be people who are interested in these kind of ideas. The book though takes a turn when you start reading it. This is not some idiot who writes about the devil and sacrificing virgins for fun, but an intellectual person who clearly explains that all other religions are wrong. . . .and he seems to be right in practically all ways. LaVey tells us that Satanism ( in this logical form ) has never said a bad word about other religions, but that all other religions have been putting Satanism down since the beginning of it all. It's a scary tought that he's actually right. Luckily it has "sort of" a happy ending. but a bible that is 10 times easier to read than the Christian one. It also contains a reference part for everyone who wants to indulge into Satanic rituals or masses. I wouldn't try it out at home but for everyone who still thinks that Anton Szander LaVey ( Still the most famous Satan-whorshipper ) is a lunatic, this book may just change your mind completely on the basis of Satanism.
[/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Epi: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2009
Read Precious, loved it and will watch the movie

@topic

Amelia Earhart, the thrill of it
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2009
[size=13pt]Epi. . . . It is cool .[/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2009
Just finished Vampire Diaries (Bleh)

Currently reading 'The Host'

Quite into a few fanfictions too.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ravenzord(m): 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
Last's Anatomy,Regional and Applied,written by Chummy S Sinnatamby

Keith Moore's Clinical Anatomy

Grant's Atlas of Anatomy

Topic 4 2day: Female perineum. . .and to think that some years ago I was very interested in dis particular part of anatomy. . .tschew.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Remii(m): 10:23pm On Nov 10, 2009
Enjoy Your Life by Dr. Muhammad Adb Al-Rahman Al-Arifi

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by pops1(m): 3:53am On Nov 11, 2009
Guys please visit my blog @ http://poeticstreams..com , thanks
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by lilac416(f): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2009
am reading BECOME A BETTER YOU by joel osteen.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2009
naijababe:

@ dominique
I got from the corner of his eye from a local bookshop, I'd have sent it to you but I gave most of my old books to a local charity recently but I think u'll be able to get it from amazon.
Sandra Brown's okay but not very exciting IMO.
Just about to start One door away from heaven by yeah you guessed it Dean Koontz

ok i'll give it a try tho most free book download sites are shuting down one after the other. thanks anyways.
i'm not familiar with that particular book, most be one of the more recent ones undecided

@topic
still on Smoke screen by Sandra Brown
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by guysmat(m): 12:43am On Nov 12, 2009
This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti

A truly captivate reading (if you want to know what the angels out there are doing for you).
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 11:00pm On Nov 13, 2009
Whispers by Dean Koontz. Slow-paced, in my opinion, but interesting. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by adebayo201: 7:15am On Nov 14, 2009
THE WORLD FOR TODAY
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by mamachi(f): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2009
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading?

"BEYOND PARDON" A must read
this book is about a man who abandons his pretty and kids and falls in love with a bored queen out of pity . . . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by etaurus(m): 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2009
[size=8pt]Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
By J.K rowlings
[/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2009
Night time is my time by Mary Higgins Clark. . . not really feeling it, just another of her all too many serial killer plots undecided
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 8:24pm On Nov 14, 2009
slap1:

Whispers by Dean Koontz. Slow-paced, in my opinion, but interesting. . .

nice book, diddnt like it at first, but it got better. . . much better as i turned the pages smiley
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by adebayo201: 6:33am On Nov 15, 2009
kiss kiss
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by guysmat(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2009
@ naijababe

I guess it is. Read the review. It's cataloged under christianity/religious fiction etc

Here's some:

", Readers of This Present Darkness should keep these things in mind so they won't be misled into thinking that Peretti's concept of spiritual warfare is Scriptural. That is not to say that no elements of his writing are Scriptural; some are. But if his book must be read, keep in mind that it is a fantasy. Three hundred seventy-seven pages of fantasy. Long reading that would be better spent in the Word of God learning the true aspects of spiritual warfare."

", The two #1-selling novels that have captivated millions are now available together in one volume

This Present Darkness takes place in the typical small town of Ashton where nothing much ever seems to happen. Until . . . a skeptical reporter and a prayerful pastor begin to compare notes. They suddenly find themselves fighting a hideous New Age plot to subjugate the townspeople, and eventually the entire human race.

The battle against evil continues in Piercing the Darkness, where a young loner fleeing for her life while trying to recall her dark past takes refuge in the tiny farming community of Bacon's Corner. There she finds herself caught up in the middle of bizarre events--from an attempted murder to a ruthless lawsuit against a struggling Christian school.

Across a vast panorama of heart-stopping action, these stories are a penetrating portrayal of our world, a reflection of its spiritual wanderings, and a vivid reminder of the redemptive power of the Cross."
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2009

[size=13pt]Devil Bones (Temperance Brennan, #11) by Kathy Reichs
This was by far one of my favorite Temperance Brennan books- the story line had so much interesting information outside of the mystery plot- very well written, couldnt put it down!
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (100)

A Story: Broken Vows / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.